PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G940 flight controls.

demorier
December 13th, 2010, 01:18
I've just purchased retail this 3 piece flight control set....no way can I get it calibrated....anyone else, or what am I doing wrong. It's going back to the shop tomorrow if I can't get it working.

sc7500
December 13th, 2010, 07:10
From a 2009 Logitech Support BBS:

There is a more recent software build out, published after the G940 went into production. The production version was 5.06. 5.07 is available for download, but not yet linked to G940. You can get the proper download by following the support links from the G27 racing wheel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...there doesn't seem to be a lot of guidance that comes with the software. There is some help and a tutorial but I've found no in-depth explanations or examples to show the various types of programming. And the Logitech Gaming Software seems to have some good features (like zone assignments--which I assume are like banding on Saitek controllers--and cycling commands--which step through a series of commands {and maybe macros} with each button press). Hopefully we'll see some programming guidance emerge either from Logitech or from us users.

One thing I noticed is that the supplied "profiles" (FSX, Falcon 4, IL2, CFS2 ...) are incomplete in that most of the buttons and axes are unassigned. What they did do was to provide the sim commands to make programming the HOTAS easier (you can select from a list of commands when assigning an action to a control).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And this:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PC-Gaming/G940-fix/m-p/380128

Let us know what you discover, D !!! :salute:
SC
:kilroy:

demorier
December 13th, 2010, 15:10
Well I got SOME success with the flight controls. When I looked through the joystick and keyboard control assignments inside CFS2 some were all wrong, so I deleted the incorrect assignments...that got the basics working ok.

Still have the problem with the grayed out "Apply" button in the calibration routine.

Using a later software download for the profiler....made all of the main controls show up on screen, then run through the calibration routine but it doesn't hold the calibration...apply button still grayed out inactive. Version 5.09.131 05/05/2010.

Using Vista 32bit, installed ok, software recognized by M$.