PDA

View Full Version : B-25's over NG

Talon
December 10th, 2010, 15:16
Some pics of Dirty Dora over NG.

First attack is at Salamanua to help or troops.

Next Heading for Wewak and than attack on Wewak

Talon

Talon
December 10th, 2010, 15:20
More pics on Wewak.

The Japanese were reenforcing NG and lanede planes at Wewak,Judy's and Betty's to attack any invading forces. The only problem was they were lined up wing tip to wing tip. The B-25's came in to strafe and bomb them. In the end very few Japanese planes were flyable.

Talon

Shadow Wolf 07
December 10th, 2010, 16:38
Looks good Al. What scenery are you using, stock?

Captain Kurt
December 11th, 2010, 09:15
I've often thought that a good historical South West Pacific B-25 strafer campaign would be really interesting, Al. Their missions were truly intense and deadly - for both sides.

Talon
December 11th, 2010, 14:37
Here's pics as Chatter Box attacks and sinks IJN DD Arashio.

Talon

Talon
March 23rd, 2011, 10:38
I've often thought that a good historical South West Pacific B-25 strafer campaign would be really interesting, Al. Their missions were truly intense and deadly - for both sides.

Captain Kurt,

Yes it would be interesting and there's lots of info on the net for it. You basically near about the Bismark Sea Battle but there was alot of going after Japanese barges on rivers,Attacking troops and attacking bridges. As the airfields moved over the Stanley Mountain Range Rabaul was attacked by B-25's using low level tactics.

B-25's were also used in the Philippines to attack shipping and ground targets.

Talon

Ghostrider
March 23rd, 2011, 16:27
I have often thought that would be a cool campaign too! Lots of interesting targets, ordnance, etc.

Talon
March 23rd, 2011, 17:38
I have often thought that would be a cool campaign too! Lots of interesting targets, ordnance, etc.

Yes it would be interesting but doesn't seem to be any interest in something like that.

I stopped working on a Beaufighter campaign in NG for the same reason,No interest.

Talon

bearcat241
March 23rd, 2011, 17:49
If you build it, we'll be there as always...:salute:

Jagdflieger
March 23rd, 2011, 21:22
For anyone flying in Papua New Guinea, if you don't already have them, get Pen32's north shore airfields to compliment Maskrider's south and east PNG bases as well as DVSlats' Tsili Tsili. With all of these and good mesh installed, the PNG in CFS 2 can be pretty realistic.

These should all be in the archves under CFS 2 > Scenery or just search for the author's names.