PDA

View Full Version : New XB-15 Uploaded

sc7500
December 8th, 2010, 11:06
George Diemer did us all a favor and uploaded another Pepe' Classic:

"...CFS2 conversion of FS2004 original visual model by George Diemer. CFS2 flight dynamics, panel, and damage profile by Pedro Paulo Rezende..."

This has one of the BEST cockpit visuals I've ever seen in CFS2 ! :wiggle:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=52&linkid=3058

Enjoy !
SC
:kilroy:

onnogras
December 8th, 2010, 13:01
What a beautiful plane!

Jagdflieger
December 8th, 2010, 18:11
Thanks! A great effort by Diemer and Pepe.

tonybones2112
December 8th, 2010, 18:21
I got her, gonna take her out and see what she can do, thanks to all involved:salute:

Bones

peperez
December 9th, 2010, 05:25
I got her, gonna take her out and see what she can do, thanks to all involved:salute:

Bones

If you change the view in the aircraft.cfg you can see inside the blisters and superior turret. A lot of internal detail! Before any flight, please, return to the original view...

Pepe

tonybones2112
December 9th, 2010, 17:48
If you change the view in the aircraft.cfg you can see inside the blisters and superior turret. A lot of internal detail! Before any flight, please, return to the original view...

Pepe

Great work Pepe, I'm only having one problem: CTD when flown against as a target in QC.

Bones

peperez
December 10th, 2010, 02:38
Great work Pepe, I'm only having one problem: CTD when flown against as a target in QC.

Bones

I found the glitch. It suffers of crash bug disease and I'm uploading a fix. It's a native CFS2 model made by George Diemer, but some FS9 original features remains.

Cheers

Pepe

tonybones2112
December 10th, 2010, 15:36
I found the glitch. It suffers of crash bug disease and I'm uploading a fix. It's a native CFS2 model made by George Diemer, but some FS9 original features remains.

Cheers

Pepe

Pepe, thank you so much. I love this plane, I'm looking forward to taking some early Japanese AC up against it in bomber interception. The interior is beautiful:salute:

Bones

blohmundvoss
December 12th, 2010, 00:16
Great work as ever Pepe.

I have one small problem though. When I try to take off the plane stands on its nose and explodes once I get to 80% throttle, no matter how slowly I advance the throttle and even if I have the brakes off and the stick back full.

Mind you, I think my rig is cursed when it comes to your planes. I still can't load your D.376 in Free Flight without it bursting into flames as soon as it loads!

Cheers
BuV

sc7500
December 12th, 2010, 08:25
....I have one small problem though. When I try to take off the plane stands on its nose and explodes once I get to 80% throttle, no matter how slowly I advance the throttle and even if I have the brakes off and the stick back full...

I found the same challenge with my XB-15's center of gravity too - Under [weight_and_balance] I changed the following numbers to:

empty_weight_CG_position = -5, 0, -8

And the plane stopped that pesky nose-over !

SC

Jagdflieger
December 12th, 2010, 09:07
Thanks for the tip SC.

I just updated my aircraft.cfg file with the fix.

blohmundvoss
December 12th, 2010, 23:26
I guessed something was out with the balance but it would have taken me forever (if ever) to find it.

many thanks for the fix.

Cheers
BuV

sc7500
December 13th, 2010, 06:55
...I guessed something was out with the balance but it would have taken me forever (if ever) to find it.... many thanks for the fix...

My pleasure.

Wanna know my secret ?

I ALWAYS run new aircraft through a series of programs before they ever hit FreeFlight for testing. Yes, even the best of the best get the "special treatment"

- Mk_MDL to clean up any animation challenges and reset the collision bubble to my personal specs... I like to get right in the other pilot's face.

- AirWrench to double-check the settings, correct any Info / Specifications data, and correct the file to CFS2 status.

- Aircraft Container Manager to set contact points, scrapes and load location(s), and to allow balance reset if necessary.

- DP_Edit to fine-tune the damage boxes and gun / hard points, etc.

And NOW I can take it over to flight test !

Yes, it DOES appear I have WAY too much time on my hands..... but the dogs like it when I sit in the recliner and warm them up after a run in the snow, soooooo..... :wavey:

SC