PDA

View Full Version : SO? ... What do you want for Christmas?

Snuffy
December 8th, 2010, 10:02
http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu123/Snuffys_bucket/whipit.gif

Emil Frand
December 8th, 2010, 11:31
http://cgi.ebay.com/1957-Blond-Fender-Stratocaster-Guitar-100-original-/290488687014?pt=Guitar&hash=item43a27999a6

HouseHobbit
December 8th, 2010, 12:16
That's easy,
EVERYTHING!!!!!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

stiz
December 8th, 2010, 12:38
common sense in polotics

Cloud9Gal
December 8th, 2010, 16:10
feEz-1occWo

Willy
December 8th, 2010, 17:23
Here ya go Snuffy....

http://bullwhips.org/bullwhip_store/viewcategory.php?groupid=4

OleBoy
December 8th, 2010, 17:36
common sense in polotics

+1

.....far too late

rayrey10
December 8th, 2010, 17:38
Snuffy - I'll take one of what you are having...minus the whip! :bump:

Dangerousdave26
December 8th, 2010, 17:39
I would like this

http://www.konaworld.com/bike.cfm?content=kahuna

But I know its not going to happen.

Still I can dream.

Willy
December 8th, 2010, 17:56
I guess if I was wanting something just for me, this would be it. Always wanted one of these Century Limiteds....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=196249622

Navy Chief
December 8th, 2010, 18:09
I pretty much have what I want. Last night, I finally broke down and ordered some decent speakers (Bose 301s) for a bedroom I have set up as a media room. I put my drum set, conga, and bongo drums in there. Also have a ceiling mounted DLP projector, with a 6 by 8 ft. screen, to watch movies on. I watch a lot of movies!!! Plus, with all the percussion instruments, I am certain my neighbors aren't too happy, heh, heh.....

NC

Cloud9Gal
December 8th, 2010, 18:16
I pretty much have what I want. Last night, I finally broke down and ordered some decent speakers (Bose 301s) for a bedroom I have set up as a media room. I put my drum set, conga, and bongo drums in there. Also have a ceiling mounted DLP projector, with a 6 by 8 ft. screen, to watch movies on. I watch a lot of movies!!! Plus, with all the percussion instruments, I am certain my neighbors aren't too happy, heh, heh.....

NC

BOSE have top of the line products. I ordered their earbuds to use with my iTouch, and there's no comparison. Their products are expensive but well worth it. Top notch sound!
Good investment Pete!

Milton Shupe
December 8th, 2010, 18:41
My wife and I have no real needs or wants for ourselves. We donate to non-profits benefiting seniors and the indigent, and to animal shelters for Christmas. Happy Holidays to all.

James
December 8th, 2010, 18:48
hahaha a half-decent laptop.:engel016:

Prowler1111
December 8th, 2010, 19:13
Well..for starters..not being Chief´s neighbor!..lol..

As for gifts..i will stay put with a kindle, or any other e-book reader..might settle for one of those chinese oness that come in color!

Prowler

Navy Chief
December 8th, 2010, 19:25
Well..for starters..not being Chief´s neighbor!..lol..

As for gifts..i will stay put with a kindle, or any other e-book reader..might settle for one of those chinese oness that come in color!

Prowler

Ron, that was funny!!!! As for my neighbors, they have annoyed me for years. 'Tis time for payback!

Pete

TARPSBird
December 8th, 2010, 21:01
I'll be happy with a new external HD which I'll buy for myself. The wife and I are not big gift-exchangers.

Chacha
December 8th, 2010, 21:24
My wife and I have no real needs or wants for ourselves. We donate to non-profits benefiting seniors and the indigent, and to animal shelters for Christmas. Happy Holidays to all.

...Awesome, Milton!
:salute:

.... There is no material thing I want for Christmas...
... I pretty much have it all....
... I have one great desire, to give my little girl a great future ahead!

... Hannah and I go to a local Nursing Home/Orphanage every Christmas, play Bingo with them/deliver toys for kids
... But this Christmas we may spend it on the West Coast...
... I hope we can find time to volunteer in a local Nursing Home over there!

Clarke123
December 8th, 2010, 21:32
All I want for Christmas is me two front teeth, la, la, la. Sorry couldn't help it, it's a rule in my family :d

Kiwikat
December 8th, 2010, 21:39
Honestly there's not much on my wish list this year. I'd like to build a cheap home server and get a general purpose lens for my camera, but both of those can wait till whenever.

Some time off from work and school would be better than anything at this point. I'd like to be able to spend some time with friends that I've not seen much/at all lately. :salute:

Oh, and a PMDG 737 NGX :173go1:

hairyspin
December 8th, 2010, 22:04
A trip to RAF Museum, Hendon and a full day's life in the camera's battery pack. That would do!

luckydog
December 8th, 2010, 22:04
I want a Hoodie-footie.........

andersel
December 8th, 2010, 22:24
If I could have ANYTHING? I’d ask for my left leg (below the knee) back. Unfortunately that ship sailed around 20 years ago. Something temporal? A pair of CH rudder peddles.

hey_moe
December 9th, 2010, 02:38
I have no wants or needs. Linda and I buy all through the year...lol. We donate to the homeless and we take one family a year and supply their complete Christmas Holiday.

Chacha
December 9th, 2010, 03:50
I have no wants or needs. Linda and I buy all through the year...lol. We donate to the homeless and we take one family a year and supply their complete Christmas Holiday.

....AWESOME, Mike!

:salute:

n4gix
December 9th, 2010, 10:03
All I want for Christmas this year is to NOT have to hear "Twelve Days of Christmas" repeated ad infinitum in all four-hundred and seventy three renditions/variations... :ernae:

CADFather
December 9th, 2010, 10:24
What I'd like to have most of all would be a job, it doesn't even have to be a decent job just one that will let me work. I look everyday both on and off line and submit resumes/applications for everything that I have even the slimmest amount of knowledge in, that works out to about 30-45 a week, nationwide. The only thing I have even heard back on was an interview at a local Home Depot as a part-time seasonal cashier, I didn't get it by the way. So I am still looking for anything, I really wanted to give my grandson a nice Christmas this year and while I can make it nice as far as being with family goes, I won't be able to give him much of anything.

CAD

Bjoern
December 9th, 2010, 10:40
SXF - MAD on an Easyjet A319. And I'll be getting it, since the flight is already booked. All my parents need to do now is give me the money, lol.

Also, a dumbbell set.

hey_moe
December 9th, 2010, 11:31
Ouch...that is tuff....I wish ya well in looking..Mike
What I'd like to have most of all would be a job, it doesn't even have to be a decent job just one that will let me work. I look everyday both on and off line and submit resumes/applications for everything that I have even the slimmest amount of knowledge in, that works out to about 30-45 a week, nationwide. The only thing I have even heard back on was an interview at a local Home Depot as a part-time seasonal cashier, I didn't get it by the way. So I am still looking for anything, I really wanted to give my grandson a nice Christmas this year and while I can make it nice as far as being with family goes, I won't be able to give him much of anything.

CAD

n4gix
December 9th, 2010, 13:08
So I am still looking for anything, I really wanted to give my grandson a nice Christmas this year and while I can make it nice as far as being with family goes, I won't be able to give him much of anything.

CAD

Have you considered the possibility of doing some FS design work, at least as a source of some income?

In any case, prayers for your success in finding work will be offered!

Trans_23
December 9th, 2010, 16:13
Same as CADFather. A job. It has been while since I have gotten a regular paycheck. Here's to hoping 2011 brings better times. :ernae:

Curtis P40
December 9th, 2010, 16:39
That's what I want...better times :ernae:

and maybe a job come spring

CADFather
December 9th, 2010, 17:21
Have you considered the possibility of doing some FS design work, at least as a source of some income?

In any case, prayers for your success in finding work will be offered!

I've thought about it, but I really don't know how to get started with it. Well at least the making money part of it anyway, I can handle the software, I just never knew who to ask.

I do appreciate all the prayers and well wishes, the warmest and most heartfelt thank you goes out to all.
Joe

Stratobat
December 9th, 2010, 17:27
Hey CADFather,

Have you thought about getting into rapid prototyping?

Regards,
Stratobat

CADFather
December 9th, 2010, 21:32
Why yes I have, I've got an old business partner that is doing that and loves it. He's working for someone else and can't get me on with him though. Actually the technology field is about dead here in the Chattanooga Area. The jobs that do get listed are filled by guys with way more education than I have, that are coming out of the Detroit area. The last drafting type position that I interviewed for, the company hired an Engineer with a master's degree for $15.00 hr. and he was happy to get it. I am friends with another department manager at that company and even with him on the inside as it were, they couldn't pass up all that education for that little money.

At this point I'd bag groceries if there was anyone hiring for it. I've even applied at McDonald's and several other fast food places, with no luck on finding anything, yet.

Joe

Daveroo
December 10th, 2010, 08:47
well to those of you with wishes for jobs and other such real things...i sure do wish i could help..but im disabled and on the brink myself..

but back to what i want as a gift for christmas...i tell family over and over..dont buy me anything that you think is "thoughtfull" or cool...just go to www.flyingmule.com and look at my wishlist and help me add to my collection...been asking this for several years now....

NOT ONCE HAVE THEY DONE THIS

i get pictures of kids,dogs,cookies,ect,,,im 400 pounds and struggling with my wieght and i get cookies and fudge?...and pictures of someone elses kids??? whats with that????maybe neat for them..but i could care less....if it happens this year and im forced to participate again next year..theyre all getin an 8x10 of my cat............

Chacha
December 10th, 2010, 08:50
well to those of you with wishes for jobs and other such real things...i sure do wish i could help..but im disabled and on the brink myself..

but back to what i want as a gift for christmas...i tell family over and over..dont buy me anything that you think is "thoughtfull" or cool...just go to www.flyingmule.com and look at my wishlist and help me add to my collection...been asking this for several years now....

NOT ONCE HAVE THEY DONE THIS

i get pictures of kids,dogs,cookies,ect,,,im 400 pounds and struggling with my wieght and i get cookies and fudge?...and pictures of someone elses kids??? whats with that????maybe neat for them..but i could care less....if it happens this year and im forced to participate again next year..theyre all getin an 8x10 of my cat............

...Awesome, Dave!!!

That is really way cool....

JorisVandenBerghe
December 10th, 2010, 10:09
A Lowepro bag, or a silver NEX-5...

OBIO
December 10th, 2010, 10:21
Well, since this is just a Christmas wish....

I want a 1200 gallon, 20 foot long fish tank, complete with a monster wet/dry filtration system, and stocked with a nice selection of Amazon River Basin fish in the 6 to 12 inch range...Oscar, Severum, Threadfin Geophagus, Blue Acara, Port Acara, Armored Catfish, Redhook Silver Dollars, and so on and so forth. Been my dream to have a monster Amazon Biotope set up.

OBIO

Bushpounder
December 10th, 2010, 16:27
I'd like the complete set of Soprano DVD's. Love that show!

Don

grunau_baby
December 11th, 2010, 04:54
I will be moving house after Chistmas, so I guess I allready have my present comming: a great new area (city) to live in and a great new apartment with garden (for the cats) with lots of new interior ideas for me to create!

Me, the wife and the animals are all doing fine, so what else´s there to wish! Maybe a little less work and anoying customers after christmas-season (the anual curse of retail).

Regards
Alex

brad kaste
December 12th, 2010, 16:59
....I want this dogie,....no matter how much he'd cost. Or maybe I'll have to liberate him from his master........

Oh Yikes, it's Monday! (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=P9Fyey4D5hg)

n4gix
December 13th, 2010, 07:29
That dog is amazing, and so cute! :)