PDA

View Full Version : Lots & lots of trees!

Kowalski65
December 8th, 2010, 00:50
Just seen this

http://www.flightstore.co.uk/simulation/scenery/use/brand.EARTH1

which adds the 3rd dimension to Horizon's already very good VFR UK photoreal scenery. Has anyone had any experience of this?Does it hit frame rates?

I am sorely tempted as I have all 3 volumes of the scenery, but was going to uninstall it to make room for VFR Holland, not so sure now, although it aint cheap.!

noddy
December 8th, 2010, 04:04
I have all the volumes, and as you say it does add that extra dimension to the VFR Scenery.

I can't say I noticed any performance drop with these, of course there is not a lot of other autogen anyway with this scenery.

MarkH
December 8th, 2010, 08:47
Has anyone had any experience of this?Does it hit frame rates?

Yes, the trees are great. They are autogen, so if you're in an area with lots of trees and you have autogen settings turned up, then...you already know the answer :)

peter12213
December 8th, 2010, 10:06
I refuse to buy this just for trees if it was custom buildings in our towns and cities and local landmarks that would be a different story! There is also a freeware pack at flightsim added recently so anyone with horizon X might want to check that out!

Nick C
December 8th, 2010, 10:38
I bought the trees for Northern England and they really enhance the scenery, however they do leave towns and villages looking a little flat. I'd love to see some UK generic buildings placed in the same manner.

spatialpro
December 8th, 2010, 11:59
There is also a freeware pack at flightsim added recently so anyone with horizon X might want to check that out!

A freeware pack of trees to cover the GenX scenery??!! Can you post the filename and/or a link?

Many thanks

Andy

peter12213
December 8th, 2010, 16:34
Sorry it was of landmarks I haven't tried it yet but I did find some freeware trees for horizon X but couldn't quite figure out how to use it but I will post a link for that tomorrow as I'm only on my iPhone at present!

gera
December 9th, 2010, 07:32
Too Expensive....Wow!!!

peter12213
December 9th, 2010, 12:56
This is the site where I found the freeware trees, I havent tried it yet because I couldn't figure out how to do it, but heres the link to the site!

http://www.shepsshed.com/autogentrees.htm

Pete :salute: