PDA

View Full Version : Basics on torpedo'n

deathcomesarippin
December 6th, 2010, 08:42
Well the title says it all. I could use a few tips on hitting ships with torpedos. Really my main problem is, how can I change the depth? I can line up with a ship just fine but for some reason my torpedos are going under the ships. Does it matter how high/low I am?

mariereid
December 6th, 2010, 09:56
Shadow Wolf 07 gave me a talking to about this awhile back. I think one thing was about your distance from the target, if I remember, I was too close and my torps were going under the target. Very frustrating when you line it up just right, and no kaboom!:salute:

deathcomesarippin
December 6th, 2010, 10:09
I was droping mine pretty close, guess ill drop one further back and see what happens. I could see the logic, guess after you drop one it sinks as far as it can then it starts going up in the water..?

yeah it is disapointing to see the wake go under the ship then you wait for it....... and a wake comes from the other side haha.

Shadow Wolf 07
December 6th, 2010, 10:32
Shadow Wolf 07 gave me a talking to about this awhile back. I think one thing was about your distance from the target, if I remember, I was too close and my torps were going under the target. Very frustrating when you line it up just right, and no kaboom!:salute:

I try to rekease at a 45* angle at about 1000-800 meters. At least one ship (Usio's Nisshin) I found has "hit boxes" set too high and the torpedo passes under no matter what. Pen32Win's optional ship dps cured that problem.

mariereid
December 6th, 2010, 11:18
There ya go, D, a lesson from a pro! Now all ya gotta do is not take a dive into the water, while you admire your handy work!:ernae:

sc7500
December 6th, 2010, 11:20
A while back there was a hot and heavy discussion of torpedo running / release point / attack angle.... I tried them all, but the illustration below shows what solved hitting a ship for me:

YES, it's extreme - and not exactly real-world either. But, when I fire a torp, and it's on target.... That ship is gonna get hit ! :icon_lol:

SC
:kilroy:

deathcomesarippin
December 6th, 2010, 11:42
Thanks for the help! Ill give those pictures a good look down and try it out myself. Ill try to get some screenshots when I get a hit lol.

btw Where did you get the plane (in your pictures) Shadow Wolf?

Edit: no screen shot but just got my first hit.

Shadow Wolf 07
December 6th, 2010, 14:59
That plane used in those shots is the 1% TBM-1C Avenger by Avhistory. The B-24 Guy's upgrade to the stock TBF-1 works as well.

Collin
December 6th, 2010, 16:05
Still if all else fails you can use the torpedo as a bomb.:icon_lol:

regards Collin:ernae: