PDA

View Full Version : USS Saratoga campaign released!

Rami
December 5th, 2010, 17:01
To all,

Shadow Wolf 07 has released a lengthy campaign chronicling the USS Saratoga. The campaign has dynamic elements, so that means that you can fly it several times and perhaps never fly it the same way twice.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=44&linkid=3044

This looks to be outstanding, thank you so much!

tonybones2112
December 5th, 2010, 18:35
Same from me:salute:

Bones

Dirtman
December 6th, 2010, 02:23
HOT DAMN!!! - Nice Work Greg :wavey:

mariereid
December 6th, 2010, 09:46
I don't know when I'll get it installed, but I downloaded it anyway, just in case it gets sold out!!:salute::ernae:

Ghostrider
December 6th, 2010, 11:41
Cool, SW! Thank you!

Jagdflieger
December 6th, 2010, 12:28
Thanks Shadow Wolf! I enjoy the historical campaigns.

Captain Kurt
December 6th, 2010, 18:13
Christmas 3 weeks early! Thanks, I'll fly it as soon as I can.

Shadow Wolf 07
December 7th, 2010, 05:04
Christmas 3 weeks early! Thanks, I'll fly it as soon as I can.

Great! Let me know if you have any problems. There are a few missions I havcen't flown in context of the campaign itself, but I tested all of them individually. I ran the campaign up through the Surabaya Strike (Indian Ocean).

My email is in the README if you have any direct questions.

Shadow Wolf 07
December 7th, 2010, 14:19
I forgot to mention in the installation readme that users must copy the contents of their Scenedb Runways Scenery and Texture folders and paste them into the Scenedb Inf Scenery and Texture folders and delete the filelist.dat file in the Scenedb Inf Scenery folder. MS forgot to do this when they released the game and you need to do this to have Mission Builder placed infrastructure runways to show up. I used 2 in some of the missions rather than create new scenery files.

Sorry about that...

SW

Skipsan
December 7th, 2010, 15:38
Thank you for the campaign. :salute::salute::salute: Have a lot going on I will get to installing it and flying her :jump:

Thank's again :applause:

Skipsan :kilroy:

mariereid
December 9th, 2010, 14:48
Oh, man, this is going to be a walk in the park, what the......!!!

As I get all my little flub ups iron out, It just keeps getting better and better. This looks like another one of those real fancy productions! Nice work buddy, thanks a lot!:salute::salute::ernae:

Shadow Wolf 07
December 9th, 2010, 16:51
Nice screenies Rick!

erufle
December 11th, 2010, 04:44
I don't know when I'll get it installed, but I downloaded it anyway, just in case it gets sold out!!:salute::ernae:
Yea, I guess I get worried about the sold out thing. I have two major folders for CFS2 stuff. One is an archive of older stuff and the other is just for new files I have downloaded the past 6 months but have not installed. My newer files folder is BURSTING at the seams. What a great community! What a great sim!

Shadow Wolf 07
December 11th, 2010, 06:07
Folks: My apologies... I neglected to add the info about the runways infrastructure thing (noted in post #9 above) to the installation README and I just realized that the A6M3_ZERO, used in several missions is not a stock aircraft. The A6M3_ZERO by Maxstuka is here at SOH, but the download is corrupted and only the airfile downloads. As soon as Rick (Marieried) gives me some more feedback, I'll upload a "fixes" zip with the corrected README, the A6M3_ZERO and anything else I forgot. Okay?

Until then, if you need a part, use the email address in the "USS Saratoga CV3 Campaign" document to let me know and I will send it to you via return email.

Eoraptor1
December 11th, 2010, 06:13
Got it. Thanks to Shadow Wolf.

JAMES

mariereid
December 11th, 2010, 09:03
I'll get on it as soon as I get home! I tried tinkering with another A6M3, but no go. I'll get in touch with ya in a couple of hours. I got a couple of problems, but they are most likely something I did. It's a real good time flying this campaign!:ernae::salute:

mariereid
December 11th, 2010, 14:54
Things are running very smoothly now!

Shadow Wolf 07
December 12th, 2010, 18:38
Thanks to Marieried (Rick) doing an independent test of the missions, I have a small list of omissins to my readmes and ship and plane list. I will be uploading the fixes soon!

SW

Shadow Wolf 07
December 13th, 2010, 10:51
Replace the .cmg file in the CAMPAIGNS foldder with this new corrected one:

Rick just let me know that he was getting a "mission not found" message. I saw the problem... the mission title is: Saratoga_Yokosuka_Strike_1A (underscore) while the cmg reads: Saratoga_Yokosuka_Strike-1A (dash). I'm edited the cmg to match the true mission name