PDA

View Full Version : Area-51 Kiowa

captdoug
December 5th, 2010, 07:04
Sorry I asked this question before, but I still don't have the answer and can't fiqure it out on my own.

How do you activate the NVG night vision feature of the Kiowa?

I can't find my user manual .pdf and it It was only a page or two anyway of which I don't remember the subject being covered.

(Before I get scrutanized, I own a legaly purchased copy of the chopper). I just can't find any directions about the NVG simulated feature.

How to I switch this on or off?

Thanks, Captdoug, Florida

Fireball6
December 5th, 2010, 12:51
hello captdoug - are you shure that it is implemented ? You can operate the helm-mounted NVG with the L-Key, that`s all so far as I know.

captdoug
December 5th, 2010, 13:34
I'll try that key command and let you know. I'd didn't think about NV being "implemented".
you mean activating it, or a general on / off?

The area51 site describes and has a screenie of a NV view which appears to look like the Iris A-10 feature.

Anyway thanks, The "L" key is a start and hopefuly the answer.

regards,

Captdoug

peter12213
December 5th, 2010, 16:07
I own this help and there is no night vision feature on this the only thing is that when the vc cabin light is switched on the grew have goggles on in external view!

captdoug
December 5th, 2010, 17:57
thanks, I see that now. What confused me was the teaser or trailer video on the Area-51 web site.

The vc cockpit view appears green an enhanced night lighting similar to that of the Iris A-10 in the video.

I know there are a few NV addon versions so I'll check them out. Tha't probably what was used unless they filtered the video, green for the night shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekv4S1euhq4&feature=player_embedded

sorry for the wild goose chase...

Regards to all fellow simmers

Captdoug

captdoug
December 5th, 2010, 18:03
While searching for an answer to my question I discovered this Kiowa video on You Tube

Some good aerial weapon use footage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7fIGih__gE&feature=fvw

Captdoug