PDA

View Full Version : Sale at Lionheart Creations

Lionheart
November 26th, 2008, 13:18
Hey guys,

I saw everyone was having sales and so I thought I would 'hop on the wagen' and join them.

40% to 50% off almost everything. Epic LT, Viking, and Trinidad / Tobago are $14.95, and the Bucker Bu-181, Bellanca Collection (no Viking), and Junkers W33/34 are at $9.95 each.

The Epic LT and the Super Viking packages are 'pure FSX'. The rest are still port overs.

Thought I would run the sale through till Sunday night. (I know tomorrow is a big shopping day. Got to load up on gifts for the Misses).

Sales page is here;
http://www.lionheartcreations.com/LHC_Thanks_Giving_Day_Sale.html (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/LHC_Thanks_Giving_Day_Sale.html)

Happy Thanks Giving. :d

Bill

gajit
November 26th, 2008, 13:23
Thanks Bill - going to take a look now with cred card by my keyboard!! :running:

lifejogger
November 26th, 2008, 14:52
Thanks Bill, I am going to pop over and buy your Epic.:jump:

CG_1976
November 26th, 2008, 14:54
Bill, About 10 members of my family are Huge FSX flyers. I'll be showcasing your Epic Lt. And if they want to buy, I'll direct them to that link. Thank you for the sale HU.

Roger
November 26th, 2008, 15:06
Hey Bill,
Put that beautiful Junkers W33/34 in FsX native and I bet you wouldn't need a sale?

MudMarine
November 26th, 2008, 15:08
Well this stinks! I have all of you planes already Bill!:d Ain't life a bee-atch!:costumes: Can't wait for the Kodiak!!

Cactuskid
November 26th, 2008, 15:37
Alright! Looks like it's time to buy that Epic! :jump: I'm headin' up to your neck of the woods tomorrow Bill. Gonna spend the day at my cousin's in Scottsdale and thought I might go by Falcon Field and see if they got any warbirds sittin' out there that I can drool on... :d

Lionheart
November 26th, 2008, 17:10
Well this stinks! I have all of you planes already Bill!:d Ain't life a bee-atch!:costumes: Can't wait for the Kodiak!!

Hey Tim..

Man, I would have loved to have had the Kodiak ready for launch. It 'should' be ready for Christmas. I am hoping in 2 to 3 weeks. I keep saying that, but I keep finding things to repair. I also want to do a new manual for it with a theme, like the Junkers had, but newer.

Not too much longer man....

Bill

Lionheart
November 26th, 2008, 17:13
Alright! Looks like it's time to buy that Epic! :jump: I'm headin' up to your neck of the woods tomorrow Bill. Gonna spend the day at my cousin's in Scottsdale and thought I might go by Falcon Field and see if they got any warbirds sittin' out there that I can drool on... :d

Can I go? :jump:

I love Falcon field. Not every airport has beatup ole birds like DC3's and Howards just sitting in parking lots, or a great museum that has war birds that look like the first day the rolled into service. The Hellcat is a beauty to behold. You can build microchips in the wheel bays, its so clean. There was a new AT6 out there when I went, well, it was so restored to prestine condition, you couldnt tell it was a year old. Sounded awesome when they started it up. Wished I had a tape recorder on me at the time.

Have fun out there. Take lots of pictures. Call before you do to make sure they're open.

(was kiddin about going along.. too much to do around here).

X_eidos2
November 26th, 2008, 17:20
Hi Bill,

I'm hoping you get a lot of business when the feature movie about Operation Valkyrie comes out.

Lionheart
November 26th, 2008, 17:42
Hi Bill,

I'm hoping you get a lot of business when the feature movie about Operation Valkyrie comes out.

Hey X_eidos2,

My 'Operation Valkyrie' was kind of a crash and burn, as the package was based around FS9 and WinXP. The browser, which I used for a game interface, could open the flights and play background music, etc. But I found out that not everyone uses IE6 and IE7, and the ones that do have certain features turned off for safety sake, so that really caused a big mess.

Then with FSX, the scenery was an absolute mess.... Not to mention, if you had realistic scenery mesh in 'FS9', you also had a mess. The scenery had to be used with 'stock FS9 scenery, or you had a hill side airfield in the mountains of souther Italy suddenly on a pillar, or a Glider Flugplatz dangling off the side of a cliff instead of a nice rounded green hilltop.

What a mess, lol.... Having 10 airfields in a package, to work on multiple OS and FS platforms and multiple web HTML browsers was definately not anticipated... lol. I hope the movie has better luck then me.

On a brighter note and based around realism, a famous courier pilot as like OV is based on, had his 90th birthday recently. He was flying the Storch instead of a Bucker, and ended up becoming an ambulance pilot, doing perhaps 10 to 20 hops a day running injured troops back to the hospitals behind enemy lines. When the war was about to end, he and two mates got in the Storch and high-tailed it back to Germany. There, he dropped them off at families homes, and went to his own mothers house, where, upon about to land, two Mustangs came up and signaled him to go with them to a nearby airbase. He did.. All was well. Kind of similar to my fictional story, not too similar, but almost. :d

Thank the Lord the War is over. Too bad it didnt happen sooner as with those courageous souls that stood up against that evil tyrant...

bkeske
November 26th, 2008, 18:34
Hi Bill, greatly appreciate your offer, so decided to purchase the Super Viking, but cannot seem to get it to download via paypal. I tried FireFox, then IE so I could use the 'save as' function (FireFox would not allow 'right clicking' for some reason) but 'no go'. Even turned off ESET, but still nothing. Just cannot seem to find the file; The message says: 'Firefox can't find the server at lionheartcreationsworld.com' (similar with IE).

Any help would be appreciated, the package looks great. ;)

Lionheart
November 26th, 2008, 19:34
Hello Bkeske,

Give it one more try. I think I had the name switched on the sale version of download. I have to keep rotating the names of the files because of intense piracy.

It should work now.

Please let me know how it goes.

Bill

bkeske
November 26th, 2008, 19:36
Yep Bill, it is downloading now. Thanks so much, and have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Lionheart
November 26th, 2008, 21:16
My apologies for the mishap.

Thanks and Happy Thanks Giving to you too.

Be sure to read through the manual located in the 'Lionheart Creations Documentation' folder in the main FS folder you installed to. That will show you where all the various options and controls are at.

Let me know if you have any questions on it.

Bill
LHC

gera
November 27th, 2008, 05:16
Happy Thanksgiving Bill........I have all your models just waiting for the Kodiak....many thanks for the Sale!!!!.....great savings.:ernae::ernae:

doublecool
November 27th, 2008, 06:39
Anyone ported Lionhearts Bu 181 Bestmann, I never tried it, but was missing that beastie :applause:

Bandit
November 27th, 2008, 07:02
Hey Bill,
Put that beautiful Junkers W33/34 in FsX native and I bet you wouldn't need a sale?

I second that! :applause:

Anyone ported Lionhearts Bu 181 Bestmann, I never tried it, but was missing that beastie :applause:

I have and it works fine, for a port over that is.

airfighterjohn
November 27th, 2008, 07:14
why do people always have sales AFTER I have bought it???:costumes:

BananaBob
November 27th, 2008, 07:21
Picked up the Grunau Bucker package, can't beat that with a stick! :applause:

Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless :ernae:

bkeske
November 27th, 2008, 16:18
My apologies for the mishap.

Thanks and Happy Thanks Giving to you too.

Be sure to read through the manual located in the 'Lionheart Creations Documentation' folder in the main FS folder you installed to. That will show you where all the various options and controls are at.

Let me know if you have any questions on it.

Bill
LHC

Thanks again Bill, no worries, I knew you would sort it out.

Yep, have read some of the documents, which means I found them ;)

Powerful bugger isn't it? And really 'light on it's wings'...made for an interesting first take-off :d

I've already set-up a panel with an RXP Garmin 430 in the panel for some nice cross country trips, which I may try to get to this evening. But boy, she flies like a dream while hand flying. Rock solid, and easy to trim. Great cockpit, great sound, great 'feeling'.:mixedsmi:

Very nice, thanks again.

Lionheart
November 27th, 2008, 19:41
Thanks again Bill, no worries, I knew you would sort it out.

Yep, have read some of the documents, which means I found them ;)

Powerful bugger isn't it? And really 'light on it's wings'...made for an interesting first take-off :d

I've already set-up a panel with an RXP Garmin 430 in the panel for some nice cross country trips, which I may try to get to this evening. But boy, she flies like a dream while hand flying. Rock solid, and easy to trim. Great cockpit, great sound, great 'feeling'.:mixedsmi:

Very nice, thanks again.

I had negative feelings on the amount of power it had, such as in take-off's and taxiing, but I heard from the factory about how it was indeed just like that in reality. Taxiing is a thing to learn, and get this... when they are running tests on one, they can climb out at 3,000 FPM or 170 knots, continuing to 31,000 feet, lol.... Incredible bird.

The reason the PC12 is nicer to taxi and take-off is that it has a turbine 50% limiter lockout on the throttle until its at a certain altitude, at which you can then pour on the power. When testing the PC12, they had roughly 3 incidents where the turbine left the airframe from too much power, so they installed a limiter.

Its more like a big race plane, lol...

Bill

Hector
November 28th, 2008, 11:46
I picked up the Super Viking earlier and its another keeper,definitely great value.

Thanks Bill:ernae:
Hector:applause:

bkeske
November 28th, 2008, 13:48
Loving this plane Bill....glad I saw your post.

Reading about it's history is also very interesting....just a great, unusual, addition to my hanger.

....Oh, and I've learned I don't need full power on take-off :icon_lol:

One question: I like to modify the pilots in my aircrfat with my own 'mug', but it seems when I try to do that with this aircraft/image file, the texture does not show up (even with very selected editing, per the default). Any clues you can provide here? Or is it simply not possible?

Couple shots, one of my modified panel with RXP Garmin and Friendly Panel radios installed....I decided to keep the quirky stock AP ;)

N2056
November 28th, 2008, 14:00
I had a lot of discussions about that autopilot with Bill while working on the project...:costumes:
Glad to see you're enjoying the plane! :)

bkeske
November 28th, 2008, 14:04
It's not so bad once you get used to its quirkiness :costumes:

...yep, I am enjoying it.

rayhere48
November 28th, 2008, 14:08
I got your Juncker series and I just love the airplanes. I have a real infatuation with aircraft of the pre WW2 area. I have the Valkeryri addon and they fit so nice together. Keep up the great work. Oh, and thank you for the nice Hoiday gift.

Lionheart
November 28th, 2008, 15:09
One question: I like to modify the pilots in my aircrfat with my own 'mug', but it seems when I try to do that with this aircraft/image file, the texture does not show up (even with very selected editing, per the default). Any clues you can provide here? Or is it simply not possible?

Couple shots, one of my modified panel with RXP Garmin and Friendly Panel radios installed....I decided to keep the quirky stock AP ;)

Hey BKeske,

The pilot is fully editable. The only problem would be that the arms and hands use some of the area on the mesh, so if you have a long beard, it will get into the arms and hands area. But it should work fine. Just make sure you are compiling it to a correct FS format, and remember to flip the texture vertically if its DDS.

I had a lot of discussions about that autopilot with Bill while working on the project...

N2056

Its historic! :d You cant get rid of such antiques. We have to remind people that we didnt always have such cool autopilots back in the old days.

Bill

bkeske
November 28th, 2008, 15:36
Hey BKeske,

The pilot is fully editable. The only problem would be that the arms and hands use some of the area on the mesh, so if you have a long beard, it will get into the arms and hands area. But it should work fine. Just make sure you are compiling it to a correct FS format, and remember to flip the texture vertically if its DDS.

Bill

I'll have to give it another go Bill. Yes, I'm keeping the file format exactly the same...I use DXTBmp, modify in Photoshop, flatten image, them 're-save' exactly as I opened.

Perhaps, for whatever reason, I need to reboot FS after changing. I usually do not need to do that, but there are those certain image files that can be finicky.

Thanks.

bkeske
November 28th, 2008, 15:41
Its historic! :d You cant get rid of such antiques. We have to remind people that we didnt always have such cool autopilots back in the old days.

Bill

Surprising enough, looking at many shots via the Bellanca web site you linked to in the documents, the AP seems to have been retained by many. even after retrofitting others. It was good to see some retrofits similar to mine....at least I don't feel like I have made it unrealistic....the variety of panel configurations I have looked at is pretty amazing actually.

Lionheart
November 28th, 2008, 18:31
Surprising enough, looking at many shots via the Bellanca web site you linked to in the documents, the AP seems to have been retained by many. even after retrofitting others. It was good to see some retrofits similar to mine....at least I don't feel like I have made it unrealistic....the variety of panel configurations I have looked at is pretty amazing actually.

Probably my downfall, lol.. Too many extra's and paint schemes.

bkeske
November 29th, 2008, 17:10
Dang....just can't get enough of the Viking...:mixedsmi:

N2056
November 29th, 2008, 17:21
Here's a cool thing to see...
Look at the nose of the plane while starting / stopping the engine. Pay attention to the ring gear. :d