PDA

View Full Version : Flight1's ATR 72-500 Anyone have it

flewpastu
November 26th, 2008, 12:30
Im thinking of getting flight 1's atr72-500, I know that its originally made for fs9 but is says FSX, Ive got FSX on vista 64 with sp1 and acceleration installed. I know that it wont be perfect BUT will it work with the above specs.

Thanks In Advance.

Bill
P.S.
Ive checked the flight 1 forums and cant seem to find out if it does truley work with fsx+sp1+acc with vista 64

CodyValkyrie
November 26th, 2008, 13:01
I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I am no authority on the ATR. It will have some SP2 issues in DX10 mode, that is for sure.

flewpastu
November 26th, 2008, 13:04
Yea I understand that, I just stopped using DX10, not enough models in dx10 yet, But alot of models for dx9. Thanks

Bill

Lionheart
November 26th, 2008, 13:40
Bill,

Maybe email Steve at Flight1 and he can give you a quick ansere on that.

I know vista 64 can be a bit tempermental. I think gauges are the main concern.

Ive had my eyes on that ATR for a long time. Looks like one fine bird to fly.

Bill

JohnC
November 26th, 2008, 14:15
It is when you can get her into the air, but I had so many CTD's (on Vista 64) that I gave up and uninstalled it.

warnc
November 26th, 2008, 14:35
I purchased the product for my fsx accelaration sp1 and sp2 windows vista 32 bit. It worked and was pretty awsome but it took a huge fps hit on my computer. I had to set fps to 19. Takes a long time to load on my system, but i think because my processor is a bit small for this plane. I have uninstaled it untill i can afford a better cpu. It is a great plane but it is too hard on my computer (fps).

:isadizzy:

IanP
November 26th, 2008, 14:37
I still have it installed, but can agree with the massive frame rate hit. It's not caused me any CTDs yet, though. To be honest, I very rarely use it or even load it.

Ian P.

CG_1976
November 26th, 2008, 14:50
I have the FSX Sp3 Flight1 ATR. No problems or frame issues.

flewpastu
November 26th, 2008, 16:48
Well I purchased it and it works really well. Not having the problems that others have said on flight 1's forums, flies nice, I added shockwave lights and now Im working on auto smoke. Now if I can get BannanaBob to make some new prop textures Ill be set. Thanks for the advice guys,now i just need to hide the credit card receipt from the wife. I guess I can always say that This Is The Only Thing I Want For Christmas. HAHA.

Thanks

Bill

metalman739
November 27th, 2008, 19:51
I have this for a while and have acceleration installed, its a really nice plane but if you want something really great try aerosoft's Piper Cheyenne, this thing is nothing short of pure immersion. :icon_eek: