PDA

View Full Version : cfs2 plane as infrastructure object

gius
December 3rd, 2010, 11:58
Hi,
how to convert a cfs2 plane to infrastructure MB object?

Captain Kurt
December 3rd, 2010, 16:38
I would also like to know how to convert a model into a bgl. A guy named Edmundo Abad converted a number of planes to CFS1 api.'s for use with Nova and which will also work with fssc to use building airfields with them as scenery.

But I would really like to be able to use aircraft as bgl.s. No doubt there is a method, but I am ignorant of what it is.

Anybody know?

Shadow Wolf 07
December 3rd, 2010, 17:03
Hi,
how to convert a cfs2 plane to infrastructure MB object?

From what you wrote, I can only think of one thing that you want and the plane already is an infrastucture object in MB. Just click on the infrastructure button on the top of the screen and on the left, under "type" click on the arrow and chose "aircraft." The next list gives you a choice of which aircraft you want. Chose, place and orient it as desired.

Captain Kurt
December 3rd, 2010, 18:37
Not exactly. I want to be able to attach it to something, not just place it on the ground in the scenery. :monkies:

simonu
December 4th, 2010, 01:55
It can be done.
Decompile the model into a scasm source.
Edit the source to make the plane look as you want, i.e gear down, canopy open , pilot not shown, wings folded . What ever!
Finally construct a new scasm source to generate the object bgl. The aircraft model source can be referenced as an include.
Now as for actually editing scasm code. I could spend hours typing out what to do, but unless you actualy get immersed in scasm editing you simply wont understand it. So to keep the answer simple. It can be done, it is relatively easy, (i.e. simple text editing, no GUIs with endless menus and tool buttons). It is however extremely time consuming and boring.

Jean Bomber
December 4th, 2010, 03:40
Hi Gius ,

There are these :salute:

http://www.myzone59.com/rebuffat/misc.php

JP

gius
December 4th, 2010, 05:45
Many thanks to all but,
there is a chance to have a detailed tutorial?