PDA

View Full Version : Nemeth Designs Aerospatiale SA2 Samson released

euroastar350
December 2nd, 2010, 09:59
http://secure.simmarket.com/nemeth-designs-aerospatiale-sa-2-samson.phtml

OleBoy
December 2nd, 2010, 10:59
Wow, now that's what I like to see. No skimping on screens!!!
........This one being very unique I will very soon purchase.

AckAck
December 2nd, 2010, 10:59
What - no masks for the gunners? They'll die within a minute! :icon_lol:

And when is the Scorpion coming out? :running:

Brian

Roger
December 2nd, 2010, 11:22
Well I have to have it but not for a while with the budget I have.
So what we need is some Pandoran scenery...with flying mountains and...and.........:jump:

peter12213
December 2nd, 2010, 11:35
This is one I really really want but as roger said with this time of year and short budgets looks like it's going to have to wait, so many releases so little money, frustrating as hell!

Warrant
December 2nd, 2010, 11:45
Cool! downloading now! Really looked forward to this one.
Thanks for the H/U

Edit: that is sloooooow download there at SimMarket!

OleBoy
December 2nd, 2010, 11:53
The textures look dang good in the pictures. This thing belongs in a scenery representing Jurassic Park

warchild
December 2nd, 2010, 12:27
Wellllll. there used to be an artist Named Roger Dean, and he did a whole bunch of album covers back in the sixties and seventies.. Many of them had Flying islands like the ones seen on Pandora, and they were inspired by the topography around the isle of Wight.. of course, the isle of Wight hasnt been a jungle for several million years but eh. what the hell.. beats ore corn fields and flat land.. got lots of that in the world already..

Warrant
December 2nd, 2010, 12:46

Perhaps an added "realism" by Nemeth, but most definately unwanted by me!

Started from Volkel AB (where else? :wavey:), and immediately i get non visibility from the VC.
Not really flyable!

Already tried some climate settings in the VC, but no result.

Wanted the bird to fly for fun, not for gazillion "realistic" settings and manual readings. Now i'm off to read the :banghead: manual

Edit: De-ice functional, except that one part that de-fogs.....The ECS temperature setting knob....

Think this chopper is a tropical environment only bird for now.

Edit 2: Flying from a desert environment does not really solve the problem. Flying from Kandahar, Afgh. i had the same fog in the VC when above approx 3000ft AGL. A steep nose down resulted in a steering lock (in nose down position) and crash.

Gonna post this stuff at Nemeths site sometime this weekend. It almost feels like i'm beta-testing here.....but i already purchased the bird.

Roadburner440
December 2nd, 2010, 14:47
Glad to see some people are enjoying it. I really had fun beta testing this aircraft, and we really were pushing back and forth to try to balance "realism" with "fun/imagination." I think the aircraft represents that perfect balance.

dvj
December 2nd, 2010, 17:36
Download and flying for about 30 minues. Always seem to get into an uncontrolable death spirial when reducing power and making a turn. The nose drops suddenly unable to recover. Sound set is a bit odd. Sounds buzzie and is annoying after a few mintues. Pit and textures are very nice, but the flying model will take some practice - which is what a sim is all about I guess. ;-)

peter12213
December 2nd, 2010, 17:54
I suppose Its meant to be advanced lol, Ive never flown her but it is a future machine designed for non terestrial use, from the pics the only thing I can fault is the door gunners arn't wearing those face screen masks, can't wait to buy this one, unfortunately I'm going to have to wait though! :salute: Wheel chair access looks bad though lol...ohh yeah right he was an avatar :redface:

jeansy
December 2nd, 2010, 20:05
count me out, why?

I have been a highly dedicated Supporter since their 1st release in FS9 but sorry this has been bugging the living hell out of me for the past several months as

I've seen forums and my concerns are that some of the beta testers these days are pointless (this is not all I'm talking about, but a large number)

its becoming across the boards these days if you kiss @ss and suck up you can become a developer or a beta tester regardless of your real life or fsx experience

Its sad because there a huge number of experienced real life pilots who would pick up on the problems that beta testers fail to pick up

I feel sorry for the original hard working developer, who at the end of the day receives all the flak because of these beta testers, which is crap, developers have done all the hard work and have been let down by people doing the beta testing.

after the last few bug filled releases i might take my chances with alphasim or abacus

please don't take this as a jealousy post, i struggle to figure out how work cfgs files on the best of days, and there is no way i want any form of expectation placed on me

the past 12mths ND has dramatically gone down hill in my eyes and many of the guys I fly

Rant over, and sorry about the grammar I'm drugged up on pain killers ( football injury)

If this is read by any other developer, please take note and choose your beta teams and texture teams wisely and carefully

allcott
December 3rd, 2010, 03:31
The drugs are seriously affecting you. Where, do you think, do you obtain experienced beta testers from with hands on experience of a product that doesn't exist from a world that doesn't exist...?

I'd suggest you go lie down till the drugs wear off!:wavey:

The only fault with a beta test team lies with the developer for failing to manage them properly. Enthusiasm and Ability don't always go hand-in-hand, but if you don't have BOTH the product is subs-standard after the testing stage, if enthusiast and expert are not handled correctly.

Its ALWAYS the developers fault, not the unpaid beta testers.

Warrant
December 3rd, 2010, 03:41
Went over to the Nemeth Designs website; there is no mentioning of the Aerospatiale SA-2 Samson for FSX at all (unless i totally overlook something).

Where is the support forum for this particular chopper?

jeansy
December 3rd, 2010, 03:51
The drugs are seriously affecting you. Where, do you think, do you obtain experienced beta testers from with hands on experience of a product that doesn't exist from a world that doesn't exist...?

The only fault with a beta test team lies with the developer for failing to manage them properly. Enthusiasm and Ability don't always go hand-in-hand, but if you don't have BOTH the product is subs-standard after the testing stage, if enthusiast and expert are not handled correctly.

beg to differ bud, developers aret there to wipe @sses, they release it for testing and expect testing to be carried out, like us we buy it and it suppose to work

when i pay for something i want it to work, i dont want to find out after the install that the simplest things don't work ,its not the end user to beta test it because beta testers failed to pick it up for example the radio nav gear on the huey- a quote from the original poster "Any IFR-rated pilot should have realised that."

As i said its not all of the betas are the problem there is a fair few, they just want to get the model early to show off screen shots and brag to mates or just think they know everything because they have been using fsx for over 1 yr and ive seen that first hand

and i know for a fact of a few others beta testers who have only been a passenger in a tube and have no other experience but only got the job because the gift of the gab and can kiss ass till the cows come to get the role of a flight systems and handling beta. Or one mate has flown with another mate online and suggested him to a developer.

I have several close mates in fs who are pay/free ware developers who constantly sack beta testers as they fail to do anything constructive. now they almost got through a job interview style to approve or disapprove

But a change in pace there are some labels who a fantastic job ensuring beta testers are doing thier job,, my hat comes off to you guys

its not the end users role to pick up these things its the betas, if you are a real beta tester and did you job you wouldn't be offended.......

allcott
December 3rd, 2010, 06:39
Rubbish m8. It's not the beta testers that supply you the product, it's the developers. Faults with released product are their problem, and theirs alone. No beta test team can deal with every possible variation in system and setup. Even MS recognise that!

But what developers CAN do is adopt a professional approach to the testing and implementation of their product and tell the beta testers what to test, when, even HOW.

The money you pay goes into the developers pockets, not unpaid beta testers. That's why legally, morally and any other way you want to look at it your criticism is against those that produce the product and not mere testers. And there is the issue of testers who report a fault - only to have the developers completely ignore it and release the rubbish anyway. Captain Sim and Carenado are particularly `good` at that...

But agreed, elimination of these obvious faults that should have been picked up before release needs to be a bigger priority and many are not picked up due to incompetence in testing. Proper test protocols can be borrowed from many places on the `net and would enable these businesses to offer less substandard product to the end user from the outset, if they actually acted more as proper developers and less as kitchen table fake entrepreneurs with a `throw out any old rubbish` mentality.

I mean, releasing a DC-3 that has cowl flaps on models that didn't have them? Temp gauges that are completely inappropriate for the temperatures the flight model is sending? Come on! it's 2010, not 1876! What possible excuse can there be for failing to pick up such obvious faults? The only conclusion is that they either don't care, or think so little of the customer that they think it will do. Well it won't.

In other software environments, staged payments are the way business is conducted - Percentages of the overall contract are paid upon satisfactory completion of milestones, with final payment only on completion of full contract, including a suitable `in use` period during which the developer fixes things which aren't right, or else they don't get their money.

I wonder how payware developers in the sim world would react to only getting paid after it was right? Might they get cowl flaps and temperature gauges right from the get-go if there were financial consequences to not delivering something that was correct?

Warrant
December 3rd, 2010, 07:48
allcott, jeansy;

I am a pay'd Beta-tester in this subject! I purchased the bird, and i feel i'm Beta-testing it ever since, due to the fact that i have not been able to fly the chopper straight for 10 minutes. Great you fooks have your discussion here, but let's keep it to topic; The experiences with the Aerospatiale SA-2 Samson! :a1451: :monkies:

Anyone else have troubles with this rotorcraft, and anyone else have trouble to find the support forum for this particular bird???

:wavey:

OleBoy
December 3rd, 2010, 08:16
I was looking forward to getting this and almost did last night. I decided to wait until today. Now my decision to purchase the SA2 Samson has been put on hold until whatever issues there are get resolved. Whatever that may be.
.....Maybe it would be better to post the issues on the Nemeth forum. Then again, it was announced here so I would think Ryan would be here reading the feedback.

Milamber
December 3rd, 2010, 09:30
I just wish there was an "easystart" option. Should have known better following the purchase of another Nemeth bird. I have absolutely no interest in going through complex start up precedures on a mythical heli - If I want that sort of realism, I'll go back to the Dodo or Cera birds. :mad: :angryfir:

M.

Warrant
December 3rd, 2010, 09:37
I just wish there was an "easystart" option. Should have known better following the purchase of another Nemeth bird. I have absolutely no interest in going through complex start up precedures on a mythical heli - If I want that sort of realism, I'll go back to the Dodo or Cera birds. :mad: :angryfir:

M.

Totally agree! Was hoping ND would step away from their concept for a totally fictional rotorcraft.

stiz
December 3rd, 2010, 09:50
jeansy take heed of the following notice:-

Sieggie
December 3rd, 2010, 11:14
The fact that Ryan has been completely silent is strange. Not announcing it on the ND website is even stranger. Is it possible that it is not really an ND product but a scam?

Dave

merida72
December 3rd, 2010, 11:17
scam?

What does it mean?

allcott
December 3rd, 2010, 11:24
allcott, jeansy;

I am a pay'd Beta-tester in this subject! I purchased the bird, and i feel i'm Beta-testing it ever since, due to the fact that i have not been able to fly the chopper straight for 10 minutes. Great you fooks have your discussion here, but let's keep it to topic; The experiences with the Aerospatiale SA-2 Samson! :a1451: :monkies:

Anyone else have troubles with this rotorcraft, and anyone else have trouble to find the support forum for this particular bird???

Click on the link in the first post, click on the link marked Forum/FAQ. Couldn't really be that much simpler. Except there is no mention of it there. At all. And no mention on the front page of the website either.

Worry.

Sieggie
December 3rd, 2010, 11:31
scam?

What does it mean?

Is someone other than ND using their name to promote sales of a product?

Dave

I have looked again at the ND forum and pictures of the helo are in the Beta forum under the heading Something new this way comes..... (http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/6592-something-new-this-way-comes/)
so it appears to really be an ND bird. Can't believe with this much chatter their is no comment from Ryan.

Warrant
December 3rd, 2010, 11:39
Click on the link in the first post, click on the link marked Forum/FAQ. Couldn't really be that much simpler. Except there is no mention of it there. At all. And no mention on the front page of the website either.

Worry.

That's the place i went in the first place, so....not that simple really!

I have e-mailed the given e-mailadress. I'll wait and see.

OleBoy
December 3rd, 2010, 11:53
The fact that Ryan has been completely silent is strange. Not announcing it on the ND website is even stranger. Is it possible that it is not really an ND product but a scam?

Dave

That assumption is highly unlikely

Sieggie
December 3rd, 2010, 11:58
That assumption is highly unlikely

I posted a correction with a link to the model hidden in the ND beta forum. I agree that it is an ND model but none the less strange that not a word out of Aussicop.

Dave

OleBoy
December 3rd, 2010, 12:05
Granted but, people have real lives to live in this world. Things happen beyond our control that need to be dealt with. For now, I (my opinion) would leave this subject alone.

Sieggie
December 3rd, 2010, 12:12
I have not been following Nemeth for that long. Is it usual for them to start sell product through distribution days before announcing it on there web page?

Dave

jeansy
December 3rd, 2010, 14:03

Dave

In Ryan's defence, he is a cop in real life and as a fellow shift worker, there are times where the computer is the last thing on your mind when you get home or at work

OleBoy
December 3rd, 2010, 14:09
Get the pot boiling then turn off the heat? I don't get it. What kind of point were you trying to make when you started this topic Jeansy? Maybe you should stay off the computer if your shoulder bothers you that bad that you can't maintain civility.

Warrant
December 3rd, 2010, 14:18
Get the pot boiling then turn off the heat? I don't get it. What kind of point were you trying to make when you started this topic Jeansy? Maybe you should stay off the computer if your shoulder bothers you that bad that you can't maintain civility.

Ahum.....guy's.....

Back to topic please.......remember.....the chopper?

Like to read about other people's experiences and troubleshooting regarding the SA2 Samson, not to see this thread closed due to a quarrel regarding something else.

:jump:

jeansy
December 3rd, 2010, 14:21
my flame is the selection process for some and execution , ive seen around the traps the people who kiss @ss or fly with someone online with next to no experience in any form of development getting the role i can think of several names right now i can name within a few companies

which leads me on to the next point, these guys have no experience in any form, and little experience with FS as i made mention in first post which everyone seemed to have missed these guys are pointless and the ones im targeting including this company

for example its like getting a person just got their learner drivers licenses to help final trials of a high performance car

once again my posts have been miss read and everyone has piped up, it was these guys and the people who elect them im pointing the finger at, not the guys who have been doing a good job, And addition to that i was asking developers to take greater care in the selection process

after all my purchases over the yrs from ND i have seen a dramatic decline in quality and most could have been resolved if betas did their jobs( but some of them have no idea on what theyre doing) not the end user after purchase to find the bugs

i suggest you re read my posts

Lateral-G
December 3rd, 2010, 14:53
Looks like something out of Avatar..........

allcott
December 3rd, 2010, 15:06
Looks like something out of Avatar..........

Yes, does make you wonder about licensing and legitimacy. :salute:

jeansy
December 3rd, 2010, 15:36

I wasnt having dig at Ryan himself, i have no problem with him as i know personally,

i was have a dig at the development process for the team that he works with and other companies who take a half @ss approach to beta testing and selecting any one who put their hands up regardless of experience

dvj
December 3rd, 2010, 16:03

If there were Beta Testers, they never flew this model for more than a few minutes. It's just about unflyable IMO. Of course SimMarket has a buy at your own risk policy. Which I did. What's interesting is that the download indicated Beta 2 in the header. So perhaps this is not final?

warchild
December 3rd, 2010, 16:43
Ok, i cant speak about its flyability as i'm not a chopper person. i was able to fly it kinda.. its very weird to be looking at the ground whule your going forward.. guess thats just choppers thoug.. Addressing the cockpit winfoe fog.. theres a switch on the overhead for cockpit deicing. u believe that needs to be turned on to avoid the foggong problem. Getting to the ovehead panel however was a bit of an adventure in exploration through views..
The craft doesnt know if its an airplane or chopper. it doesnt like to fly as either, and to me, it seems tail heavy.
Forward speed seems to max out at around 160 but this is with the nose pointed almost directly at the ground..
Over all, this could be a fun craft to fly, but for me, it will simply remain an oddity. i certainly wouldnt recommend it to other airplane people wanting to dabble in helicopters..

Sundog
December 3rd, 2010, 17:18
Maybe RB can work his magic on it. Just give it a plane FDE and let him use his VTOL gauges to make it fly nice. After all, if this (Avatar) is that far in the future, it wouldn't be difficult to fly since the Comanche itself was FBW and easy to fly and that was yesterday! ;)

I'm going to get it for the looks and try upgrade the FDE myself or wait for a good one to come a long (Based on what I've read so far.)

Warrant
December 3rd, 2010, 18:07
Had a nice and good reply from Ryan regarding the first troubles i ran into. Gonna try this tomorrow morning.
The reply from Ryan also proves this is a legit release from ND.
They simply did not have the time yet to update the ND website.

The above meaning there is and will be a solid support for the SA2.

Also means i'm satisfied.

Will post my experiences on Sunday (Saturday is quality time with my girlfriend :wiggle:).

gradyhappyg
December 3rd, 2010, 23:29
Weeeell Decided to go ahead and give it a try and must say it is a bit tricky to fly.
Easy does it would best describe how. Much more manuverable and touchy than most FSX choppers.
Took a lot of button flipping to clear the windscreen but got that taken care of.
Most of the default FSX key mappings don't work so you just have to find the clickspot or switch
to open door turn on lights ETC.
The only problem I found was couldn't get the landing lights to work might just be a switch I missed combined with bad eyes and a late night.
Overall I like it.

flewpastu
December 4th, 2010, 03:54
Someone posted this type of scenery some time ago, cant remember where but looks interesting to fly this aicraft in. http://openvfr.freyt.de/magento/index.php/downloads/openvfr-fantasia.html

Bill

allcott
December 4th, 2010, 04:10
So is this licensed via the film makers?

Creepy847
December 4th, 2010, 13:15
Well I flew this thing last night and its alot of fun. The quality of the textures is top notch and it flys very well. Its very sensitive and it doesnt take much imput to turn the ac around. Also it climbs well and doesnt seem overpowered either.

Overall its a pretty cool and different type of ac and def alot of fun. Im happy with this and think it was worth the money...

Creeps

dvj
December 4th, 2010, 15:26
Well, I am getting more experience flying this thing. Makes for some great screen shots too. So, I guess it's a keeper. :wiggle:

DaveWG
December 8th, 2010, 11:50
I like this, it's fun:jump:

CG_1976
December 8th, 2010, 12:10
Learning to fly this is a challenge but very fun.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x311/thobin76/2010-12-4_3-1-0-994.jpg
USCG's New HITRON weapon painted by Chris B.

doublecool
December 10th, 2010, 01:34
There's something about this release...I will be getting this one :wavey: the screen shots look like works of art

DaveWG
December 10th, 2010, 12:25
Just uploaded 2 repaints to here & OZx

warchild
December 10th, 2010, 12:29
Thanks dave :0..
I looked at the paintkit last night, and frankly, its beyond me, so i appreciate what your doing.. Its a heck of a lot of fun to fly. Perhaps easier than other nemeths, but still very challenging.. The only complaint i have with it is the windows going opaque abouve 7000 feet, even with De-icing turned on..
A Qualifier here.. Normally, you wont find me in a chopper.. I'm a virtual stick and rudder person from the git go, but this chopper is simply a wonderful little bird to fly..

Paul K
December 10th, 2010, 12:43
Wellllll. there used to be an artist Named Roger Dean, and he did a whole bunch of album covers back in the sixties and seventies.. Many of them had Flying islands like the ones seen on Pandora, and they were inspired by the topography around the isle of Wight.. of course, the isle of Wight hasnt been a jungle for several million years but eh. what the hell.. beats ore corn fields and flat land.. got lots of that in the world already..

Know what you mean. I have Yessongs on vinyl, and I know Roger Dean's work very well.

warchild
December 10th, 2010, 13:07
indeed i do.. I've loved deans work since the fragile album he did for yes.. Had both copies of his book from Dragons dream ( Black import cover and red )and have followed his work with alternative housing construction since then too.. When all i had was the pencils i could find laying on the street and the paper dug out of a garbage bin behind an office building, he was who i tried to emulate in my work..

Sundog
December 10th, 2010, 16:58
Yeah, when I saw Avatar and heard all of the critics asking where he, Cameron, comes up with these ideas, I thought the same thing as you guys, "Anyone who has seen Roger Dean's work has seen previews of Avatar!"

In fact, I'm shocked I haven't seen more 747's painted up for FS the way Roger Dean painted them. Of course, that wouldn't be easy to duplicate.

I've seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied now I'm on my way....

Dreamer easy in the chair that really fits you... (I'm assuming that would be our sim seats :d )

doublecool
December 10th, 2010, 21:23
Just uploaded 2 repaints to here & OZx

Lovely Paints Dave :applause: Thank you very much

Please a request on the 771 RN Search and Rescue could you make a second version and add the red like on nose and tail to the out side rings housing the blades... Just a request Thank you again for these Paints they will be well used :salute:

DaveWG
December 11th, 2010, 03:10
Hi doublecool,

Try this: http://daveg.cbfsim.org/files/Redrings.zip

The zip contains new textures for the rotor rings in 2 versions. One has the cable cutters in red, the other in grey.

doublecool
December 11th, 2010, 05:22
Dave,

Thank you Very Much. I Like It... :wavey: Fine work :ernae:

Happy Holiday to You and Yours :santahat:

Aussiecop
December 11th, 2010, 08:54
count me out, why?

I have been a highly dedicated Supporter since their 1st release in FS9 but sorry this has been bugging the living hell out of me for the past several months as

I've seen forums and my concerns are that some of the beta testers these days are pointless (this is not all I'm talking about, but a large number)

its becoming across the boards these days if you kiss @ss and suck up you can become a developer or a beta tester regardless of your real life or fsx experience

Its sad because there a huge number of experienced real life pilots who would pick up on the problems that beta testers fail to pick up

I feel sorry for the original hard working developer, who at the end of the day receives all the flak because of these beta testers, which is crap, developers have done all the hard work and have been let down by people doing the beta testing.

after the last few bug filled releases i might take my chances with alphasim or abacus

please don't take this as a jealousy post, i struggle to figure out how work cfgs files on the best of days, and there is no way i want any form of expectation placed on me

the past 12mths ND has dramatically gone down hill in my eyes and many of the guys I fly

Rant over, and sorry about the grammar I'm drugged up on pain killers ( football injury)

If this is read by any other developer, please take note and choose your beta teams and texture teams wisely and carefully

Hi everyone,

First of all let me apologize for my tardiness in response to this thread and explain the cluster that prevented me being here sooner. Firstly I am not (but now will be) a frequenter here, but 2 days before the SA2 release my development computer's GPU crashed, rendering the display useless and everything on the computer unreadable (it's a laptop) so hence no update to the website or ability from me until I went out and dumped a great deal of cash on a new rig, added to that, when I came here and saw the post I had to reregister as my login was no good anymore, alas when I logged in I was unable to post and it has taken me a full week to be given posting rights here. That explained, my apologies.

Ok on to Matt's post and a little explanation and qualification. I would not do what I do without the help as a newbie offered to me by him as he was the first person who taught me anything about painting aircraft and a lot of other things related to FS.

But to give everyone a little bit of background so they know where both I and Nemeth as a company stand. I have been employed since after the Skycrane was released, the SA2 is my first release working in my role, the UH1 last update that fixed a plethora of problems it had was my first project.

In response to the last 12 months, yes there was a definite decline in quality and in Matt's correct assumption the beta testing lacked badly and may well have been comprised of the kind of people he referred to - roll forward to my hiring and here is what has been implemented.

I started an entirely new beta testing team staffed with people from many and varied backgrounds (you can see their names in the SA2 manual) comprising of RW helicopter pilots, RW helicopter mechanics, FS software developers and effects coders and indeed a few actual simmers with no experience apart from being customers of FS retail releases to give us a baseline from the buyers perspective different from the hardcore sim enthusiast or RW pilot in their own right.

I myself am a helicopter pilot and base my experience around that and having a passion for the sim side of things led me to my role with Nemeth. The testing process is long and arduous and requires sometimes a dozen beta builds to correct issues picked up by the team, the SA2 from alpha to release had 6 before going to testers and I think 5 after that, so going forward, yes we test and test and test.

To explain about the SA2 specifically, it was priced as a budget release to the community as for one it was a fictional bird and second we did not put as much development time into it as we would say the EC135 model, that said it still took 6 months in development. But it does not have popup windows and a few other bells and whistles you may be used to from us, but also understand that we certainly did not skimp on what we delivered to the customer, by way of new tech in this model such as the icing windows effects and the entirely from scratch created digital displays and systems modeling.

As far as complaints go about how it flies, well folks, it is a fictional bird, so without having anything to go on apart from watching the movie countless times and trying to envisage what the lovechild of an Osprey and blackhawk might fly like, we took our best assumptions matched with some of our previous data along with some guess work and that's what you have in the end model. Will it suit everyone, maybe not, but most found it perfectly flyable and different to the point that they enjoyed flying it, as is echoed in the last 2 pages I read here in this thread by customers.

I go to great lengths to try and be approachable and contactable by our customer base, hence my direct email being prominently displayed to anyone on our website contacts as well as checking our forums several times daily for any issues as well as answering every email I get and working directly with anyone who ha an issue until it is fixed as anyone who has emailed me with a problem or question will find out.

Going forward and improving everything we already have is a constant goal of mine, hence spending 3 months working and testing the UH1 patch before releasing to the public, that's 3 months we spent unpaid, trying to fix issues existing from a previous model, there are plenty of developers who just don't even think to do that and cut their losses. Although we are human and if you do find an error we can fix please let me know, some things we just can't get to work perfectly through one reason or another, be it the FSX SDK being the issue or just plain not being able to find a bug in the coding, but if that is the case, you can expect me to be the one to admit that that is the issue.

While we strive for as much realism in our products as you can get, we also realise that this is a sim product and there are serious limitations that the FSX engine has, which we try to work around as much as we can, but we are not dodosim, who in their own right, create great products, but have the time to dedicate a year or 2 into the development of their products, of which we do not have the luxury of.

I hope that going forward I can be more of a presence here and be accessible to you all and hope that you continue to enjoy our products and we keep improving on the quality that you all know and want from us.

For anyone that wants to visit our forum (which is not just for support, you can find all kinds of info there, such as shockwave configs for our birds) you can find it at

[/URL][URL]http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/forum/112-nemeth-designs/ (http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/forum/112-nemeth-designs/)

or you can email me directly at ryan@nemethdesigns.com

thanks for reading this long response, but I felt some explanation was necessary, especially for my absence right at a release through circumstances beyond my control.

OleBoy
December 11th, 2010, 10:26
Ryan

Would you be willing to share with us what you have in store for future work that involves beating the air into submission. I have bought a couple of your specimens (EC-135 and MD902) and I am very pleased with you work. Although I am hoping you'll take a step backwards in the era to bring us some (in my opinion) finer and more unique whirlybirds.
....Some of them I would really enjoy,

Enstrom 480 http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&biw=1680&bih=828&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=Enstrom+480+helicopter&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
Brantly B2 http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&biw=1680&bih=828&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=brantly+helicopter&aq=1&aqi=g-s1g2g-ms1g-m2&aql=&oq=brantly&gs_rfai=

warchild
December 11th, 2010, 12:34
Ryan..

I'm not a pilot except in fsx, and even there, i have never rally flown choppers before. but a i have stated in this thread, your SA-2 is perfect for me. I prefer it over any of the other Nemeth designs as its perfect for an entry level chopper.. The only annoyance i've found with it is that i cant seem to fly over 7 or 8000 feet without the windows going opaque, even with de-icing on.. but thats just an annoyance.. it doesnt detract from the enjoyment of the chopper itself.. You folks did an awesome job.. many thanks..
Pam

warchild
December 11th, 2010, 23:35
You folks got me curious, especially as i looked at the samson in profile and was reminded of another Roger Dean creation; his ornithopter.. So, i dug this up.. the resemblences are uncanny.. perhaps the entirety of Avatar was taken from a roger dean vision.. Take a look and you'll see what i mean. the ornithopter is at the botom of the image..

http://tralfaz-archives.com/coverart/Y/yes_back.jpg

Paul K
December 12th, 2010, 00:15
I've seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied now I'm on my way....

Dreamer easy in the chair that really fits you... (I'm assuming that would be our sim seats :d )

Good grief Ken, you're a Yes fan too ? We're all 'coming out' now. :)

I had the pleasure of meeting Rick Wakeman when he was recording Myths and Legends of King Arthur etc . Even had a pint and a game of darts with him.

Aussiecop
December 12th, 2010, 05:36
Ryan

Would you be willing to share with us what you have in store for future work that involves beating the air into submission. I have bought a couple of your specimens (EC-135 and MD902) and I am very pleased with you work. Although I am hoping you'll take a step backwards in the era to bring us some (in my opinion) finer and more unique whirlybirds.
....Some of them I would really enjoy,

Enstrom 480 http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&biw=1680&bih=828&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=Enstrom+480+helicopter&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
Brantly B2 http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&biw=1680&bih=828&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=brantly+helicopter&aq=1&aqi=g-s1g2g-ms1g-m2&aql=&oq=brantly&gs_rfai=

Funny you should mention the Enstrom, I did my training in an F28F so I would love to produce one of those for FS, which going from a 28F to a 480 is not much of a strech in development, but in relation to sharing what we have planned, I can give you what's on the cards, some may make it to the development stage some may not due to material gathering issues.

Already in production

AS350
A109 power (joint Milviz)
Chinook (joint Milviz)

Planned 2011

BK117 - and possibly EC145
EC135 addon pack

Much past that I would hate to speculate :)

OleBoy
December 12th, 2010, 08:57
Thanks for the response Ryan. It appears you've got your plate full for a while, in that if reading your posting correctly a possible three are either far in the works for release this year or shortly thereafter. I recall reading about the Chinook but, others are news to me as I don't read all the posts.
....I'm real impressed with the EC-135. And I'm especially impressed with the MD902. My kudos sir.

For the past week I contemplated spending some of my allowance on you SA-2. Then the Iris frenzy smacked me upside the head and I had to indulge. I got so wrapped up in that subject I felt possessed. So much that I forgot about the Samson. Until late last night that is. I was reminded of it while talking to Warchild on Teamspeak and it sounded as if she was enjoying it. Unknowingly to her having fun she made me think about the SA-2 again. I picked it up last night. And I still have some allowance left over ;)
.....I took the Samson up for a bit and had a ball. Nice job!! I enjoy the animations and FDE friendliness as it flies fairly easily.

More feedback later on as I have to spend more time with it. But very happy with it thus far.

By the way, why is topic not a sticky as like the rest of the new releases?

For the fogging, increase ambient temps as needed. *Note Altitude*

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6540/xample.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2599/xample1.jpg

Aussiecop
December 12th, 2010, 12:31
Probably because the topic went south there for a bit as to why it's not stickied. Thanks for that pic, makes it a lot easier to explain than text, I actually grabbed it to attach to an email about that very thing :)

halvar342
December 12th, 2010, 13:37
Is it possible to make the monitors in the cockpit a little more bright in night conditions? I find them very hard to read sometimes.

The thing with the mousewheel was a hard nut for me. I had to ask around before i got that tip from someone. So i had the same problem like most people with fog on the windshield in some circumstances. But now i have clear sight.

I think the Samson has some potential to get updates. Maybe a hook and a winch that is working. Or missed i something, i cant get it work?

This switch "Dome" in the overhead panel is that one without a function? I dont see anything happen if its clicked.

halvar342
December 12th, 2010, 23:06
This switch "Dome" in the overhead panel is that one without a function? I dont see anything happen if its clicked.

Ok i found out that i can put cabin light in the aircraft.cfg and turn it on and out with that switch.
Not bad at all.

OleBoy
December 13th, 2010, 04:01
Thanks for that pic, makes it a lot easier to explain than text, I actually grabbed it to attach to an email about that very thing :)

That was my thoughts on an explanation too. Just makes more sense.
.....I also hope to see an update to fix a few things in the future. I hate having to do things manually ;)

Sundog
December 13th, 2010, 04:21
Good grief Ken, you're a Yes fan too ?

Yes, I'm old. :)

That's awesome that you got to hang out with RW!

DaveWG
December 16th, 2010, 11:13
Couple more paints in progress.

peter12213
December 16th, 2010, 12:45
Great paints Dave, I'll be getting those as soon as there released!

Aussiecop
December 17th, 2010, 05:31
Nice paints dave!

doublecool
December 17th, 2010, 06:16
NICE... Looking forward to them

Funny how much I fly this helo...i'm not into the modern (glass) cockpits but this thing is COOL :wavey:

PS Glade to read this about the AS350... and others

strykerpsg
December 17th, 2010, 13:32
Just out of curiosity, anyone know why they attached Aerospatiale to the title? Afterall, this is a fictional aircraft or did I miss the latest issue of Janes Defence Weekly? Not that it ultimately matters, but just curious as to the origins, if anyone on here were to know that.

Anyway, considering this after the holidays as I really dug the flick Avatar and especially liked their various birds displayed on the movie.

Matt

allcott
December 17th, 2010, 14:35
Just out of curiosity, anyone know why they attached Aerospatiale to the title? Afterall, this is a fictional aircraft or did I miss the latest issue of Janes Defence Weekly? Not that it ultimately matters, but just curious as to the origins, if anyone on here were to know that.

Anyway, considering this after the holidays as I really dug the flick Avatar and especially liked their various birds displayed on the movie.

Matt

Because all the best lies have a small foundation in truth? It's become the norm in movies these days, to use not so much product placement as name placement for endorsement purposes. Haven't seen Avatar, but I suppose there's a credit for Eurocopter/EADS at the end, somewhere?

Or it might be that Aerospatiale `ceased to be` in corporate terms back in 2000, so suing would be a waste of time, yet the name is familiar to many?

SkippyBing
December 17th, 2010, 14:58
Just out of curiosity, anyone know why they attached Aerospatiale to the title?

Well they're French so obviously it's the kind of dirty behaviour you'd expect of the continentals. I mean no American company's products would be used for the attempted destruction of a peaceful indigenous population...

SkippyBing
December 17th, 2010, 15:00
Haven't seen Avatar, but I suppose there's a credit for Eurocopter/EADS at the end, somewhere?

No, but feel free to continue commentating from a position of complete ignorance.

allcott
December 17th, 2010, 15:38
No, but feel free to continue commentating from a position of complete ignorance.

Thank you for your understanding. I am sure your superior level of film watching qualifies you to make such value judgements. Is it because you are a professional reviewer, or because you don't have a life?:salute:

allcott
December 17th, 2010, 15:49
Well they're French so obviously it's the kind of dirty behaviour you'd expect of the continentals. I mean no American company's products would be used for the attempted destruction of a peaceful indigenous population...

Absolutely. And the peaceful indigenous populations of the Australian continent so benefitted from your convict ancestors arrival, such that the government only recently apologised for the attempted genocide.
Obviously if you had the use of such aerial machines, you'd have made a better job of it, but you don't buy French. Austrian, American and Swedish maybe.

warchild
December 17th, 2010, 16:25
Gentlemen.. Cool it or lose it.. You know the rules.. No politics, or flames. If you must continue, take it elsewhere or i WILL lock this thread..
Pam

Roger
December 17th, 2010, 16:33
This is going nowhere but mutual disrespect. Let's remember that this is a hobby.

Beat me to it Pam!

strykerpsg
December 17th, 2010, 17:06
Because all the best lies have a small foundation in truth? It's become the norm in movies these days, to use not so much product placement as name placement for endorsement purposes. Haven't seen Avatar, but I suppose there's a credit for Eurocopter/EADS at the end, somewhere?

Or it might be that Aerospatiale `ceased to be` in corporate terms back in 2000, so suing would be a waste of time, yet the name is familiar to many?
I had no idea Aerospatiale went out of business. Anyway, wasn't trying dig too far into the meaning of the movie, just liked it, the various craft and just literally thought I had missed some new concept vehicle the movie was copying.

Matt

peter12213
December 17th, 2010, 17:37
What on Earth has this got to do with the Samson, Its a great idea and a great addon and if anyone with any knowledge of rotorcraft knows Aerospatiale are a magnificent company who've designed lots of rotor craft that were never built but the fact remains they thought of everthing, what this has to do with the war on terror I do not know!! So lets keep this thread alive and leave what you think about the war for personal greivences! :salute:

wbuchart
December 17th, 2010, 17:38
I'm the wrong kind of engineer for this, but the Sampson does seem feasable to me, kind of like a cross between a Blackhawk and a Chinook......

http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Aerospatiale_SA-2_Samson

peter12213
December 17th, 2010, 20:34
First thong when iblookwd at the Sam was Blackhawk too! Definately a family resemblence there I'm very much a futurologist and I certainly can see the Blackhawk in this magnificent model, personally I love mine even more after dave and Chris painted it!!

peter12213
December 17th, 2010, 20:37
Can ijust day I'm on my iPhone so sorry about the spelling and grammar!

warchild
December 17th, 2010, 20:57
no worries Pete.. :)

now see,, I think your right though, it does look like a blackhawk with an attitude, but when i first saw its profile, it reminded me of Roger Deans Ornithopter in silhouette. Is it feasible?? Welllll, i remember when we could take a tin can and cut out both ends and fly those through the air.. they flew rather well too, soo, if a tin can is feasible, i dont see why this wouldnt be.. you may need to do some work on the tail section but it seems lie it should work..

IanP
December 18th, 2010, 00:33
Just to comment on the naming comments, Aerospatiale do still exist - they're just now part of the Eurocopter consortium.

However the naming is still interesting, as "SA" relates to Aerospatiale's predecessor - Sud Aviation - who originally developed the Alouette and Ecreuil helicopters (amongst others). This is why some Aerospatiale aircraft have "SA" codes (Sud Aviation) while others have "AS" codes (Aerospatiale). Most recently, they have got "EC" for Eurocopter.

I quite like the look of this little chap - won't be getting it because the same as everything else, my FS budget has dissapeared into a very cute and slightly waily Hayley person's budget - but it looks good fun. However I do suspect there might be trouble if Eurocopter's lawyers see it and aren't in a very good mood. ;)

Ian P.

SkippyBing
December 18th, 2010, 01:24
In terms of the ducted fans, they're perfectly feasible and have been used in a couple of experimental VTOL aircraft. The idea is the duct accelerates the air through improving the thrust.
There are a few disadvantages obviously there's extra weight and for it to work properly you need the smallest tip/shroud clearance possible i.e. 1 or 2 mm but with sufficiently advanced engineering that shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure how having the shroud in the way would affect translational lift in the pure helicopter form as it's going to prevent the blades getting into clear air to some extent. So you may need more power in slow speed flight than a more conventional design.
l

Aussiecop
December 18th, 2010, 05:59
However I do suspect there might be trouble if Eurocopter's lawyers see it and aren't in a very good mood. ;)

Ian P.

Actually Eurocopter are very supportive of our work and have supplied us documentation on several of our models, you will find at least in the helicopter industry most RW helicopter companies see it as a great bit of free advertising for them and supply you with whatever can help with accuracy.

allcott
December 18th, 2010, 06:19
Actually Eurocopter are very supportive of our work and have supplied us documentation on several of our models, you will find at least in the helicopter industry most RW helicopter companies see it as a great bit of free advertising for them and supply you with whatever can help with accuracy.

That may be, but in the movie world they are notoriously litigious and we never got an answer to the question as to whether this is a product licensed by the producers of the movie?

warchild
December 18th, 2010, 08:36
In terms of the ducted fans, they're perfectly feasible and have been used in a couple of experimental VTOL aircraft. The idea is the duct accelerates the air through improving the thrust.
There are a few disadvantages obviously there's extra weight and for it to work properly you need the smallest tip/shroud clearance possible i.e. 1 or 2 mm but with sufficiently advanced engineering that shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure how having the shroud in the way would affect translational lift in the pure helicopter form as it's going to prevent the blades getting into clear air to some extent. So you may need more power in slow speed flight than a more conventional design.
l

Some excellent points Skippy. I have to wonder if the folks at Nemeth didnt take that into account when they made it as when i fly it, i find that my best speed is achieved at about 50% throttle..

warchild
December 18th, 2010, 08:51
That may be, but in the movie world they are notoriously litigious and we never got an answer to the question as to whether this is a product licensed by the producers of the movie?

Well, i dont mean to appear flippant, and i admit i dont have the answer to the question you pose, however, I would expect that modeling this aircraft used in the movie would be no different than modeling any other device used in a movie of some sort ( a coke can for instance ). Although the aircraft was inv3ented for the movie, it carries the aerospatiale name, which is a copyrighted named whos said owners of that copyright are known as eurocopter. So the basic question would have to be, is the model licensed by eurocopter? As to whether or not Cameron licensed the name from eurocopter in order to use it in the movie, it doesnt matter. Thats his problem. As eurocopter has been supportive of Nemeth designs work, we can only assume that since Nemeth is still in business, that neither eurocopter, nor the distribution company that owns the rights to the Avatar production, really care, as they would have already hit Nemeth hard enough to close the doors permanently.

OleBoy
December 18th, 2010, 09:42
From the side lines, argumentative and contradictory responses of continuous, and by one individual ruins it for me. It's a flight simulator. Enjoy it for that.. as negativity is not needed to the output that's being provided.

allcott
December 18th, 2010, 12:21
Well, i dont mean to appear flippant, and i admit i dont have the answer to the question you pose, however, I would expect that modeling this aircraft used in the movie would be no different than modeling any other device used in a movie of some sort ( a coke can for instance ). Although the aircraft was inv3ented for the movie, it carries the aerospatiale name, which is a copyrighted named whos said owners of that copyright are known as eurocopter. So the basic question would have to be, is the model licensed by eurocopter? As to whether or not Cameron licensed the name from eurocopter in order to use it in the movie, it doesnt matter. Thats his problem. As eurocopter has been supportive of Nemeth designs work, we can only assume that since Nemeth is still in business, that neither eurocopter, nor the distribution company that owns the rights to the Avatar production, really care, as they would have already hit Nemeth hard enough to close the doors permanently.

I see. So the fact that somebody needs to complain is now your requirement for piracy? Interesting narrow-minded interpretation. So if someone were, for example, to pirate some software of yours in FSX as long as nobody complains to YOU it's OK?

It's a simple enough question to which a `yes` or `no` answer should have been provided.

The evasiveness tells me all I need to know about whether to purchase this or not. It is copyright infringement, of a copyright and intellectually-protected idea or concept. It IS piracy. And I want no part of it.

How strange that this hobby can operate such double standards, when it suits.

IanP
December 18th, 2010, 12:43
As usual, Simon is oversimplifying things to try and ramp things up to create an argument.

The reality is that he doesn't know exactly who does own the copyright - neither do I and I wonder how many people actually do, outside those who commissioned the design, completed the design and who licensed it for use? The word "Aerospatiale" is a trademark, rather than just copyrighted, so the use of that is a little more iffy than just using the likeness of a subject and it is highly unlikely that a high-visibility project like Avatar would use it without permission as it is pretty much guaranteed to come to the attention of the rights holder in that situation. However, how many projects - freeware and payware - in the FS world really are licensed to use trademarks such as "Boeing", "Airbus", "Eurocopter", type/model names and numbers and suchlike anyway? Especially freeware models?

So, Simon, is everyone who ever makes a model without express permission from the real world manufacturer a "pirate"?

I don't know the background between Nemeth, the film makers and the trademark/copyright holders so I'm not going to sling accusations around. I'm just asking the question out of interest as to where the line is drawn. In the strictest implementation of the law, here in the UK anyway, where there is no "Fair Use" clause at all, almost every developer in this hobby is guilty of copyright and/or trademark infringement somewhere.

Ian P.

CodyValkyrie
December 18th, 2010, 14:18
In my opinion on such things, it is better to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. I couldn't care any less in this regard. The amount of people out there who would fulfill Snave's wide net of "piracy" on the commercial level would effectively shut down the making of aircraft for FS to the point that only the well funded projects with definitive sales could cover the cost of doing business.

Regardless of that, many developers seek approval from these companies, and since Nemeth is known for making Eurocopter aircraft, there is high likelihood that they are OK by it's use from said company.

And what business is it of mine anyhow? If I purchase the product, and it turns out to NOT be OK, that is not my problem, but that of the developer isn't it? Why has this debate even arisen? It is the COMPANY that takes on the responsibility, not the individual owner of the software who legally purchased it.

So, please, stop throwing the "pirate" lingo around. I feel people are drawing at straws here to give credit to their arguments for something that is not particularly our business in the first place.

OleBoy
December 18th, 2010, 14:30
Cheers Cody. You said exactly what I was feeling about the whole subject. Even though I made a direct, non-personal comment above. What we as the consumer get from a retail standpoint is all we need to be concerned with. All the other is between the developer and said parties (logo & manufacturers) and for them to worry about prior to the thought of development of their planned products.

Sorry for reiterating if I seemed to, but this whole topic just fumed me up when allcott made his/her first comment :salute:

warchild
December 18th, 2010, 14:54
Thank you Cody and OleBoy.. once i was accused i had no recourse without making myself look like a monster, so i had to be silent.. Thank you for saying something..
Pam

Roger
December 18th, 2010, 15:27
Seems Simon's gone. What a shame we don't have to listen to his bile any more.

strykerpsg
December 18th, 2010, 15:45
Just for the record, I was just enquiring as to whether or not Aeropostiale actually had some design play in this. I would have never thought it would generate the shat storm it did. I do like the model, though tend to like reality versus fiction, but it is a cool model nonetheless. Still up in the air if it's for me, but will certainly be a later purchase than sooner. Anyway, it's a shame someone got banned in the process for a question I brought up.

Anyway, off to put in some stick time on my Warthog.

Matt

warchild
December 18th, 2010, 16:50
no worries Matt.. and believe me, if he was banned, it wasnt just because of your query.. :) . he had to have brought it on himself, over time..

Aussiecop
December 18th, 2010, 19:51
Wow a lot happens when you don't check a forum for 16 hours huh? Hilarious, before I was in my current job I stopped coming to SOH due to the general unfriendly nature of some of the members, it seems some people love to just stir up a storm and sit ba ck and watch the carnage, I myself don't understand that kind of person. But I digress, thanks for all the support from you guys while I wasn't here to respond. Cody was spot on, hardly any payware dev's have actual contractual written permission from the actual producers of the real aircraft manufacturers, and no we don't have full blown written contractual agreements in place lol.

There was a case a lot of years ago from one of the large aircraft companies of which I can't remember that went after a payware company for intellectual property infringement and from memory it was thrown out of court for the fact that it is a "game" and the massive aircraft company was scolded by the judge as the company they were challenging dealt in maybe a few thousands in profit where theirs was in the billions.

For as little faults as have been reported for this bird (one that I have seen so far and that was someone not reading the manual properly) the only 2 threads about it have gone toxic, bloody shame, she is a really fun bird to fly :(

doublecool
December 19th, 2010, 05:14
Here's a little Shot since we are back on track :salute:25876 REpaint By DaveWG :salute:

strykerpsg
December 19th, 2010, 05:49
Apologies if this was already posted in this thread, but at this price, now a no brainer for my collection, woohoo!

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=main vAlign=top width=112>http://www.fspilotshop.com/images/NDAS-1.jpg (http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=2891) </TD><TD class=main vAlign=top>Nemeth Designs - Aerospatiale SA-2 Samson (http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=2891)
Date Added: Friday 03 December, 2010
Manufacturer: Nemeth Designs

Price: <S>$25.99</S> $13.00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Matt

gradyhappyg
December 19th, 2010, 05:56
OFF Topic but still positive.
The Sampson was my first Nemeth purchase and I was quite impressed and with the sale on I have the cash for one more chopper so which one would you guys suggest?
I am leaning towards the Super Stallion or the Skycrane or is the classic Huey the best bet?

strykerpsg
December 19th, 2010, 06:02
OFF Topic but still positive.
The Sampson was my first Nemeth purchase and I was quite impressed and with the sale on I have the cash for one more chopper so which one would you guys suggest?
I am leaning towards the Super Stallion or the Skycrane or is the classic Huey the best bet?
I own the Super Stallion and Skycrane and would highly recommend the SkyCrane over the Super Stallion, just seems to be an easier bird to fly IMO and looks great too.

gradyhappyg
December 19th, 2010, 06:03
Thanks!~
Skycrane it is.

strykerpsg
December 19th, 2010, 06:06
Apologies if this was already posted in this thread, but at this price, now a no brainer for my collection, woohoo!

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=main vAlign=top width=112>http://www.fspilotshop.com/images/NDAS-1.jpg (http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=2891) </TD><TD class=main vAlign=top>Nemeth Designs - Aerospatiale SA-2 Samson (http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=2891)
Date Added: Friday 03 December, 2010
Manufacturer: Nemeth Designs

Price: <S>$25.99</S> $13.00
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Matt
Update to earlier, less informed posting.

strykerpsg
December 19th, 2010, 09:24
What am I doing wrong with the control of this bird.................wow! It's like riding a bucking bronco. Did anyone else actually have to break down and read the manual? I absolutely can marginally control her at best. More to follow.

Matt

warchild
December 19th, 2010, 09:33
We alllllllll had to read the manual, even those of us who never read manuals :;lol:; Theres basically two things you can do to tame down the sensitivity. You can reduce your sticks sensitivity settings, or, you can learn to not move your hand.. it takes almost nothing to throw the bird forwards back or sideways.. The bird will move with the slightest touch..

Aussiecop
December 19th, 2010, 11:28
Like I said earlier, it was guess work on the programming a little :) Hey Pam shoot me an email when you get time, I told David to tell you something I just want to check he did :)

Fireball6
December 19th, 2010, 12:21
I purchased it today - like it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job and something complete different to all other choppers that i own :jump:

Roger
December 19th, 2010, 12:27
Lots of fun:ernae:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/sampson-2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/sampson-1.jpg

CP1207
December 21st, 2010, 15:42
VERY lots of fun!

Especially flying from external view.

I don't fly choppers a lot, usually write off two or three before I'm able to land on any of the ORBX PNW Fire Tower sites, so I'm no expert, but this thing is a good time.
This is a helo, so if you have never done choppers in FSX it will be more than a handful to begin with, but worth the learning curve.

Would never have bought had it not been on sale, and therefore never would have found out how much I would have missed out on.
Bought the Skycrane based on an earlier recommendation in the thread and from my early exposure to the Samson. Looks awesome, soon as I figure out how to start the thing I'll be happy.

Thanks Nemeth!!!

Aussiecop
December 21st, 2010, 20:09
Glad your enjoying it :) I also with another developer made al those helipads in PNW so glad your enjoying both :)

warchild
December 21st, 2010, 23:55
O was looking at this sea hawk in the 100 years thread ( http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=47244 ) today and taking special note of how incredible it looked in the tricolor blue. Got to thinking that would possibly look really fantastic on the samson.. anyone wanna give it a go???

peter12213
December 22nd, 2010, 06:16
Damn I paid full price, head in hands for my impatience lol!

Aussiecop
December 22nd, 2010, 07:59
Yeah sorry about that, the SA2 was not supposed to be on sale as it is new, it was a vendor issue.

halvar342
December 22nd, 2010, 11:07
After some days of flying the Sa-2 im glad that i have bought it. That my computer isnt the fastest one is not a thing i can blame to other people. Sure i wish that the HD textures arent that HD in all details like the seats and so on. But with a fast computer thats a great thing.
The only thing that really bothers me is that the landing light inst bind to the key command. Everything else what people talked bad about the Samson i cant tell.
A nice fiction aircraft, my second one from nemeth and its sure that it wont be the last if they bring up something for me again.

Fine work, keep it up. :salute:

empeck
December 22nd, 2010, 11:22
I was waiting for CaptainSim sale, but I'm rather a rotorhead, not a bus driver, and I like good science fiction, so I've bought this one instead. I love it to the last rivet. It looks and works so good, you could almost believe it's a real helicopter, not a fictional one. I have to practice hover and landings though.

Fred Naar is going to make a HTR profile, that convinced me to buy Samson, Nemeth Designs owes him one sale :)

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/202612/1/Samson?h=333d41#/

Ferry_vO
December 22nd, 2010, 12:40
Well for a 50% discount I couldn't resist this oddity! :salute:

Great helo, and IMHO it flies well. It does have some quirks and can be hard to hover, but in flight it's pretty easy.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr131.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr133.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr141.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr142.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr143.jpg

:applause:

Roger
December 22nd, 2010, 13:33
Super shots Ferry!
We really need some flying mountain scenery:wiggle:

Aussiecop
December 23rd, 2010, 06:10
+1 excellent shots!

Ferry_vO
December 23rd, 2010, 08:58
Thanks guys! :)

The scenery is default PNG by the way; I used Bulolo field as a starting point. Plenty of hills and trees there!

Rockitglider
December 25th, 2010, 06:31
Hello All, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All

I picked up the Avitar chopper and the Sky Crane during this Christmas holidays, and I think the both of them fly great, and the textures are very nice too. Lots of animations & views too. Very fun to fly once you get the hang of it (The Samson). With most heli's I've flown there is no neutral stick position there is always some stick, throttle or pedal input needed, remember that and the flying will be a little easier to get the hang of.

Have fun, Rockitglider :santahat:

flewpastu
December 25th, 2010, 16:15
what do you think, worth uploading

Bill

Roger
December 26th, 2010, 05:34
what do you think, worth uploading

Bill

Yes go for it!

flewpastu
December 26th, 2010, 06:43
No prob Roger, a few tweaks here and there and Ill upload today.

Bill

sarwulf
December 26th, 2010, 10:26
Could be an interesting project building the entire Avatar world in Flight Sim, giant trees and all. Similar to scale maybe as the Vietnam Project.

Roger
December 26th, 2010, 18:40
I get bored having to keep the stick pushed forward for level flight in helicopters so I cheat and use this gauge http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=helitrim.zip&CatID=root
Using this gauge you can trim a helicopter like a fixed wing aircraft.

Sundog
December 26th, 2010, 19:43
I get bored having to keep the stick pushed forward for level flight in helicopters so I cheat and use this gauge http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=helitrim.zip&CatID=root
Using this gauge you can trim a helicopter like a fixed wing aircraft.

Thank you for this! That is the main reason I don't fly Helos too often in FS. With my Saitek stick, the spring is so strong, you get tired of having to hold the JS forward for any length of time. I can't wait to try this out. :)

flewpastu
January 15th, 2011, 12:40
Just Added 2 repaints for the Nemeth Huey and Nemeth Sampson in the uploads section

Bill