PDA

View Full Version : AI driving me nuts.....

Warrant
November 26th, 2008, 09:08
Recently purchased both Traffic X and My Traffic. Installed the software according instructions. Result:

Have some GA traffic in Europe and CONUS if i remove traffictraffic.bgl, rest of world i have some airlinertraffic as well but also not the amount you expect with both sliders at some 86%.

I'm currently running out of idea's.

AI is not my strongest point, just want those :censored: AI planes to fly, and some military traffic at and between military airbases.

Is there a "AI for dummy's" book/site or some other manual for 5 year olds to fix this. The AI problem is driving me nuts here:isadizzy::bs: ( hey, i like this new icon :d)

SkippyBing
November 26th, 2008, 09:24
Is My Traffic for FSX? Any non FSX traffic causes the FSX traffic to disappear.

IanP
November 26th, 2008, 09:59
MyTrafficX is FSX format, with some FS9 models and some FSX models.

However, MTX will totally swamp your system at high traffic levels. I wouldn't partner it with any other package!

Ian P.

Warrant
November 26th, 2008, 14:51
Think it is kind of fixed. World of AI seemed to be the problem. The military packages worked great and had FSX in their download readme (besides FS9). After cutting the BGL's from scenery/world/scenery, the Traffic X and My Traffic started to do their thingy. Hope there is a way to convert the WOAI military plans, there is some nice AI in there (like the ENJPT Tweets at Sheppard AFB).:ernae:

IanP
November 26th, 2008, 22:31
There are two ways to convert WoAI, MAIW (you might want to look them up - Military AI Works) or any other FS9 format traffic to FSX format that I can confirm work.

The method I have used until now has been "AIFPC" - AI Flight Plan Converter - available from Avsim. The other method is "AI Flight Planner", also available from Avsim, which apparently, although I have not yet used it, has a batch tool that will seek out and convert FS9 traffic on your system. You might want to try that first.

Ian P.

guzler
November 26th, 2008, 23:55
I can recommend AI Flight planner. I am a novice, but use it to great success on WOAI and just started adding MAIW files too, great models. I am running FSX and FS9, and realy need a new computer to get the most out of FSX due to frame rates with the AI stuff, but the world looks fabutastic in FS9 with great AI models at airports :jump: