PDA

View Full Version : Best Shopping Sites on the Internet

hey_moe
December 1st, 2010, 02:50
From reading the last threads on internet shopping I was wondering were some of our members go on the net to find out who has the best prices or deals. I shop a lot at Amazon,Newegg and once in a while Ebay.It would be nice to find a site that we could go to and see who has the best price and free shipping or the cheapest shipping.

jmig
December 1st, 2010, 03:06
I buy most of my computer related gear at Newegg. I use to buy darn near everything else at Amazon but, I have mostly stopped because of their support of the pedophile books and sexual exploration of young women that recently came to mind.

I used to use eBay a lot. However, I find that often they aren't the bargain they use to be. Especially, when you include the often exorbitant postage/freight charges.

Companies like Crutchfield, B&H, and Adorama which used to be specialty companies now offer more and more products. They all provide good service.

Lastly, I buy a lot of clothing from LL Bean. I used to love Lands End, until Sears bought them up and now charge taxes as well as freight.

JoeW
December 1st, 2010, 05:02
Newegg ................

Aviator32
December 1st, 2010, 05:09
I still buy and sell on Amazon and ebay but ebay isn't what it was once and I'm very selective about what I buy there now having been burnt a few times. I'll use Amazon for big ticket electronics and still for books and music, most of which I download these days and I like the fact that you can buy single tracks on Amazon from most albums. For photography gear I mainly use Warehouse Express (we don't have B&H or Adorama in the UK mores the pity). In fact I've just sold one lens to pay for another and was pleased to see that Warehouse Express is still the cheapest and most reliable. I don't buy clothes or food online unless I've tried them on or tasted them first (in that order). I like Overclockers for computer bits both big and small.
Oh, and Boots for toiletries which I buy online in bulk a couple of times a year only because it's something I never remember to buy on the high street and I hate running out of toothpaste and shaving cream :icon_eek:

Aviator32
December 1st, 2010, 05:12
Lastly, I buy a lot of clothing from LL Bean. I used to love Lands End, until Sears bought them up and now charge taxes as well as freight.

I like LL Bean but came across an Eddie Bauer store when I was in the States recently and thought it was great for flannel shirts and long sleeve tee's. I can order them online but shipping is a bit expensive to the UK.

brad kaste
December 1st, 2010, 06:03
.....Amazon. Hard to beat their efficiency and professionalism.

kilo delta
December 1st, 2010, 06:38
Amazon.co.uk (free shipping to Ireland if I spend >£25)
Ebay
Play.com for bluray/dvd/etc
Mymemory or memoryc.com for sd and cf cards, usb sticks etc
My wife buys her cosmetics online from the uk/channel islands
For cheap gadgets dealxtreme can't be beat

n4gix
December 1st, 2010, 15:40
I usually start here first, as it allows me to compare prices quickly: http://www.pricegrabber.com/

There are at least a dozen or more similar sites, but since they all pretty much provide the same information... :ernae: