PDA

View Full Version : Biplane rides at KORS

pilottj
November 29th, 2010, 23:17
I love the Biplane Rides touch at KORS...lol makes you wonder how many days of the year KORS has biplane touring weather :)

AWOS reports 6C and 32kt winds....better bundle up and strap in tight LOL

So would you go with a Stearman, Waco, TravelAir, or a Tiger Moth in those conditions lol:jump:

Can't wait to add Maam's N3N to that discussion. :D
I hope after Golden Age Sims releases their Dolphin that they consider giving Bill Lyons old Travelair the FSX touch. Loved that bird in FS9

Tylerb59
November 29th, 2010, 23:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmMBpr23afU

dswo
November 30th, 2010, 02:35
Bill Lyons' Travelair for FS9 was based at KORS.

pbearsailor
November 30th, 2010, 05:56
I love the Biplane Rides touch at KORS...lol makes you wonder how many days of the year KORS has biplane touring weather :)

AWOS reports 6C and 32kt winds....better bundle up and strap in tight LOL

You're right. The last couple of weeks have definitely not been biplane weather. "Most" summers, though, we're pretty good for it. We anchor our sailboat often during the summer at the island just to the north of Orcas, Sucia. Pretty common to hear that round engine overhead doing loops and rolls. Nice free airshow.

cheers,
steve :wavey:

pilottj
November 30th, 2010, 07:33
That was a beautiful vid there Tyler :)

Lol yeah there are biplane rides offered here around wine coutry but it has been too cold and cloudy :) When Orbx gets to wine country will have to do some biplane rides out of Schellville or Sonoma. With the release of this Orcas scenery maybe it will give Golden Age Sim some incentive to do the Magic One. :mixedsmi:

greybeardgil
November 30th, 2010, 11:40
Just sitting here Chuckling to myself ....I enjoy doing the same exact thing at the same KORS as well as Emma Field!...Bills Great!!! Travelaire is the reason I got started doing this thing of ours and Founding Golden Age Simulations!! Thanks for your support Pilottj...Best Gil

pilottj
November 30th, 2010, 18:12
Thank you and your GASmates for all the great old birds Gil :salute: Looking foward to the Dolphin :jump: