PDA

View Full Version : Orbx KORS Orcas Island Official Trailer

CodyValkyrie
November 29th, 2010, 00:43
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FEjokW28xP4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FEjokW28xP4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

YouTube Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEjokW28xP4

High Resolution Download:
http://www.jaggyroadfilms.com/movies/commercial/flightsimulator/orbx_kors.zip

http://www.fullterrain.com
http://www.jaggyroadfilms.com

A Classic is Reborn. The Orbx duo of Andreas Hegi and Heiko Glatthorn respectfully pay homage to one of the most memorable airfields ever to grace FS2004. This version faithfully recaptures the spirit and charm of the Orcas Island we all remember and love, but also dials up the details and definition to 11, providing the most spectacular version yet. Discover not only the airport as it appears today, but explore the entire island, with resorts, old watchtowers, animated birdlife and orcas, keen fishermen, boating and much more. This is truly a wondrous island to add to your Orbx collection!

- Ground imagery at 15/30cm per pixel
- Beautifully modeled airport and village
- FSX gmax poly runway, aprons and lights
- Spectacular setting in the San Juan Islands
- Includes a large coverage of photoreal area
- Accurate watermasks for the shores & rivers
- Actual onsite photos taken by Orbx staff
- TextureFlow optimised and excellent FPS
- Includes custom GA AI Traffic movements
- Includes many POIs across Orcas Island
- Expertly seasonally color matched
- Made by the YHBA/1S2/3W5 team!

stiz
November 29th, 2010, 01:14
looks fantastic! :jump: :jump:

hey_moe
November 29th, 2010, 01:28
WOW , That is something....very clear with loads of candy eye...I wonder what kind of frames ya get will all the special add ons...Mike

Smudge
November 29th, 2010, 01:44
Stunning film work Cody... absolutely mesmorising.. I was hooked from the beginning... where do I sign up. :salute:

vora
November 29th, 2010, 02:20
I'm flying around Orcas Island with autogen on "extremely dense" with 30+ FPS. All scenery settings are max except water which is "low 2x". DX10 preview, REX 2.0 SP3, fair weather, Carenado C182 RG.
My rig is kinda fast though... see sig.

Great video, Cody. Very creative.

kilo delta
November 29th, 2010, 02:31
Wow! Love it!

Roger
November 29th, 2010, 02:43
Yep, work of art!

BOOM
November 29th, 2010, 03:03
GA Flyers Dream!!! Great job Orbx!!!:jump:

FLighT01
November 29th, 2010, 03:23
Another "must have" addon.

Wonderfully done video, excellent choice of music accompaniment.

dougal
November 29th, 2010, 03:30
Cody

Your video skills have reached the point of being pure 'artwork'!

The video is better than the product for me, as PNW on it's own brings my system to it's knees. Shame, as I love it.

txnetcop
November 29th, 2010, 05:13
Cody

Your video skills have reached the point of being pure 'artwork'!

The video is better than the product for me, as PNW on it's own brings my system to it's knees. Shame, as I love it.

Looking at you specs dougal depending on what motherboard you have I would change out the memory to 1066mhz and up that video card to at least a GTX260 or a new GTX460. That should make a world of difference. Of course it depends on your motherboard chipset for the 775 socket system. I had set up a friend's old DFI BloodIron P-35 motherboard and E6850 system to run PNW and it did just fine. I think I had 1200mhz memory on his.
Ted

dougal
November 29th, 2010, 07:28
Looking at you specs dougal depending on what motherboard you have I would change out the memory to 1066mhz and up that video card to at least a GTX260 or a new GTX460. That should make a world of difference. Of course it depends on your motherboard chipset for the 775 socket system. I had set up a friend's old DFI BloodIron P-35 motherboard and E6850 system to run PNW and it did just fine. I think I had 1200mhz memory on his.
Ted

Thanks Ted

Yeah, I realise my system is not up to todays standards. It's really scary for me that, as when I bought the parts, they were pretty much cutting edge and cost me a small fortune.

I'm simply not in a position to upgrade, so I guess I'll just have to put up with it:-(

pilottj
November 29th, 2010, 07:56
It is fabulous scenery, I have been really enjoying it. :jump: I have made my home base the open hangar on the west side. Will call it my 'home' until I get my Andras Field home haha :) What is even better is that NRM should be released in a few days too.

Might want to post a sticky for its release. This is a blurb from my email notice.

'official release scheduled for 6:00am AEDT on the 30th of November 2010'

heywooood
November 29th, 2010, 11:19
KORS is my default base and where I fly 90% of the time in FSX (when I fly GA)

it doesn't look anything like this beautiful ORBX version - but my rig can handle it easily.

I am sure I could not run this version on my present rig - but it sure looks great.

much much closer to what you see on Google MAPS when you look at KORS Orcas Island IRL

Paul_Yorks
November 29th, 2010, 11:35
Top video, really nice work.

full
November 29th, 2010, 11:54
Sometimes words just are not enough.... First class !

koorby
November 29th, 2010, 16:15
Easily one of Cody's best. I try to push him into trying new stuff, but he always manages to suprise me each time. Outstanding mate!

glennc
November 29th, 2010, 16:36
I guess I'll ask the dumb question of the day: It's not real clear on the store site or here whether Orbx PNW is required. I assume so, but since the whole island is done, maybe not? My only concern with PNW is the disk space - 4 gig for that plus another for KORS is a lot on my old workhorse.

Glenn

spotlope
November 29th, 2010, 16:39
I guess I'll ask the dumb question of the day: It's not real clear on the store site or here whether Orbx PNW is required. I assume so, but since the whole island is done, maybe not? My only concern with PNW is the disk space - 4 gig for that plus another for KORS is a lot on my old workhorse.

Glenn

It's pretty much standing policy at Orbx that the underlying terrain scenery - PNW in this case - is required to enjoy the add-on airports fully. Without it, you may have some compatibility issues, and you'll definitely lose a lot of the shared objects that reside in the terrain's libraries.

glennc
November 29th, 2010, 17:29
Bill, thanks for the clarification. That makes perfect sense after a couple things you said on the Emma vs Cushman video a few days ago. I have a second drive with well more than enough space I can put then on and leave the FS drive no worse than it is. As much as I enjoyed the original Orcas, that has pushed me over the edge - maybe this coming weekend when I can let the downloads go for a few hours.

:salute: :wavey:

Glenn

BOOM
November 29th, 2010, 18:15
Afew of The Duke at Orcas,I'm lov'in the great atmosphere:jump:

spotlope
November 29th, 2010, 18:29
Bill, thanks for the clarification. That makes perfect sense after a couple things you said on the Emma vs Cushman video a few days ago. I have a second drive with well more than enough space I can put then on and leave the FS drive no worse than it is. As much as I enjoyed the original Orcas, that has pushed me over the edge - maybe this coming weekend when I can let the downloads go for a few hours.

:salute: :wavey:

Glenn

One word of caution, Glenn - Orbx scenery has a specific folder structure that needs to be kept intact, so it has to reside within the FSX folder in order to work properly. With some sceneries, you can just stick 'em on another drive and point to them in the scenery library. Not so with the FTX series. Just in case that's what you were planning.

dswo
November 29th, 2010, 18:59
Congratulations, Cody, on another concept video.*

* When someone says, "I'm working on a concept album," it usually means "Interesting intellectually but not aesthetically." In other words, boring if not tedious. That's not what I mean here. This video is fun to watch AND it has an idea (in the same way that your PNW video had an idea -- flying backwards -- but more subtle).

falcon409
November 29th, 2010, 19:10
Sensational video Cody. I should have stayed away from it. . . .but it was sensational. I'm trying to save my money and you guys don't make it very easy, lol.:salute:

glennc
November 30th, 2010, 17:54
One word of caution, Glenn - Orbx scenery has a specific folder structure that needs to be kept intact, so it has to reside within the FSX folder in order to work properly. With some sceneries, you can just stick 'em on another drive and point to them in the scenery library. Not so with the FTX series. Just in case that's what you were planning.

Ugh. My C drive, where FSX is, is a 320 gig drive, it has only about 65 gig available. The fun stat is that the FSX structure is using about 77 gig. Too many airplanes. :eek: Taking 5+ out of that isn't terrible, I suppose. A new machine keeps calling me.

One other question: If I bought PNW now, would SP3 be included?

Thanks for listening to me whine (Yes, I will take some cheese with that)

Glenn

glennc
December 4th, 2010, 19:48
Since Orcas was my first ever scenery package, for FS9, I can now say: "Honey, I'm Home!".

I'm down to 56 gig on the FS drive, but I know where I can get 11 back really quick. These packages are well worth the disk space. I knew that, but was just reluctant.

With PNW and Orcas loaded, life is good. Twin Oaks is in the near future, and maybe the other three(?) strips in the Orcas neighborhood.

Glenn

kcgb
December 4th, 2010, 20:09
don't forget OZx;)