PDA

View Full Version : Carenado Vs Lionheart Creations VC Performance

Great Couloir
November 26th, 2008, 04:45
I'm running MSFS 2004 and TrackIR 3 with vector expansion,. All of the Carenado products that I've tried have been of excellent quality. The 2D cockpit textures load instantaneously and the 3D cockpits have worked great.

I'm considering downloading the Lionheart Creations Super Viking.

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Viking.html (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Viking.html)

Lots of bells and whistles are offered in terms of animations and liveries.

Does anybody have any experience with the product, specifically the Lionheart Creations VC?

Does it meet or exceed the Carenado's standard of performance?

Thanks,
GC

Windows XP Pro SP3
Pentium 4 3.0 GHz
2GB RAM
ATI 1950 Pro

skyhawka4m
November 26th, 2008, 04:50
The viking is an outstanding plane. Lionheart did a top notch job on it. As to the VC, it is a very nice cockpit and love flying the plane myself. As to frames, you do loose a few but nothing that kills the experience. I have found that converting the cockpit textures, if not done already, to DXT3 format instead of 32bit saves some frames.

I say go buy it and you won't be sorry.

Felixthreeone
November 26th, 2008, 05:18
The viking is an outstanding plane. Lionheart did a top notch job on it. As to the VC, it is a very nice cockpit and love flying the plane myself. As to frames, you do loose a few but nothing that kills the experience. I have found that converting the cockpit textures, if not done already, to DXT3 format instead of 32bit saves some frames.

I say go buy it and you won't be sorry.
Agreed; And since you will be using TrackIR, the subtle details if the VC will be much more evident. One fantastic addon; however....be warned that if you do get it, you will like it so much that you will wind up getting more Lionheart stuff....and more and more......:jump:

MudMarine
November 26th, 2008, 06:13
Any thing from LionHeart is outstanding!! I've NEVER been disapointed with anything Bill makes, all his planes are masterpiece's!! And he's a great guy!

EMatheson
November 26th, 2008, 07:34
Lionhearts VCs are not the most friendly to FPS that there ever has been. Carenados are faster.

HOWEVER...
Lionheart makes some great stuff. GET THE SUPER VIKING if you want it. It is TOTALLY WORTH IT!

EMatheson
November 26th, 2008, 07:35
=]however....be warned that if you do get it, you will like it so much that you will wind up getting more Lionheart stuff....and more and more......:jump:
He speaks truth...

Dangerousdave26
November 26th, 2008, 08:02
Any thing from LionHeart is outstanding!! I've NEVER been disapointed with anything Bill makes, all his planes are masterpiece's!! And he's a great guy!

I put my name on the long list of names who agree with that.

:ernae:

Lionheart
November 26th, 2008, 08:41
I agree with all of that.

The Viking has a TON of 32bit high resolution graphics, which make it hard on low memory computers. What you end up with on each is..

Viking
Several interior color schemes (many....) with high detail graphics and easy to read panel fonts. Slower on low memory platforms.

Carenado
Very fast frame rates, photo real interiors. Perhaps not a large selection of varied interiors, but very nicely done.

<--- I purchase Carenado's as well. Great birds...

Great Couloir
November 26th, 2008, 13:36
Lionheart,

Wow, are you Mr. Lionheart Creations?

What does the Super Viking consider a low memory system?

How does Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, 2GB RAM, ATI 1950 Pro 512 MB rate?

Thanks,
GC

Lionheart
November 26th, 2008, 13:43
Hey GC,

Yep.. Humble poly bender and sim freak.

That should work good for the Viking. One gig of Ram is the limit on the newest build of Viking. I went 32bit on the interior details, which saps the resources if you are limited.

I just put the Viking on sale at almost half off if you are interested. Puts it at $14.95. A 'little' competitive with Carenado. I do like those Carenado's though, so its a real draw on which one to get.

:ernae:

Bill
LHC

Great Couloir
November 26th, 2008, 14:08
Bill,

Sold. Thanks for the Thanksgiving sale opportunity.

Please check your e-mail.

GC

Desert Rat
November 26th, 2008, 14:19

wholeheartedly agree.

Plus if you need him he's always happy to help right here, just a quick PM away. Don't forget to check out the freeware section of his site, they are all permanent residents in my FS9/GW3 installs. I have everything he has done and love them all (except the currently unavailable Kodiak and the currently downloading Epic :d).

Jamie

jordonj
November 26th, 2008, 16:23
Lionheart has been in the FS community for a long time and has a lot of great releases!

Carenado Vs Lionheart...awww man! Don't make me choose!

rayrey10
November 26th, 2008, 18:36
And not only that but Bill is really a stand up kind of guy. Best customer service around. :applause:

One time I had a problem with a package that I purchased. I contacted him and he tried to help me out. No "go ready the manual" or it's your fault not mine attitude. Think any of the "mass producers" would do that! Shoot they won't even help you when something doesn't perform as specified.

Disclaimer: I don't really like GA but I own the Kodiak package, the Epic and just picked up the Viking!

srgalahad
November 26th, 2008, 19:01
And after you've gone and enjoyed the Viking.. slip back in time and get a REAL airplane.. Lionheart's Junkers 33/34 - talk about visual treats in an airplane that's sweet to fly!

I haven't found the $$ for TrackIR yet but I know the test flights will be in the Junkers

Rob