PDA

View Full Version : SCENERY PROBLEM

Blondi
November 28th, 2010, 07:46
HELLO EVERYONE.I,ve been away for a while so if there is a fix for my problem I did not read about it here.I am just getting back into what I was doing before I took a break from CFS2 although I have dabbled with it now and then.My problem is that I am installing Rami's version of the DEI campaign.I installed the eawwii scenery by Exavier. While it all showed up mission builder will only recognize about half of it as airfields.I am now dealing with window 7 instead of xp,or vista.I placed all the airfields I needed for DEI into the airbases file.Also an airfield I made myself with FSSC witch shows up fine as scenery,and I entered into airbases,is not recognised as an airbase either. I suspect this is a windows 7 issue. Has any one got a fix? Best regards, Blondi:cost1:

simonu
November 28th, 2010, 09:11
Be very careful with airbases.dat

[runway.???] numbering in sequencial order

id= numbers need not be sequencial but each must be unique.

there is an end of file hex marker that looks like a little square in wordpad. This must be on the last line of the file.

I do not have windows7 but I understand that you have to set special administrative rights in order to edit files that reside in the Programs directory.

May be if you copy the file to your desktop to edit it then copy it back.

Blondi
November 28th, 2010, 10:04
Be very careful with airbases.dat

[runway.???] numbering in sequencial order

id= numbers need not be sequencial but each must be unique.

there is an end of file hex marker that looks like a little square in wordpad. This must be on the last line of the file.

I do not have windows7 but I understand that you have to set special administrative rights in order to edit files that reside in the Programs directory.

May be if you copy the file to your desktop to edit it then copy it back.

Hi Simonu, I'm an old hand at entering info to the Airbases file. the issues you brought up have all been adhered to when I installed the runway files into info airbases.The problem with copying files to the desktop is that you need permision to copy the file out then to move it back you need permision again. The best way I found to handle this was to creat a user account with a one letter password. If I am working on cfs2 I change my real aqdmin account to normal and change the new account to admin. then when it wants permision I only have to hit one key.I would rather turn the admin thing off totaly but it won't let me . It demands that one user account is admin.Anyway thanks for the input. Nice talking to you again. Best Regards ,BLONDI:cost1:

Shadow Wolf 07
November 28th, 2010, 10:30
Hi Simonu, I'm an old hand at entering info to the Airbases file. the issues you brought up have all been adhered to when I installed the runway files into info airbases.The problem with copying files to the desktop is that you need permision to copy the file out then to move it back you need permision again. The best way I found to handle this was to creat a user account with a one letter password. If I am working on cfs2 I change my real aqdmin account to normal and change the new account to admin. then when it wants permision I only have to hit one key.I would rather turn the admin thing off totaly but it won't let me . It demands that one user account is admin.Anyway thanks for the input. Nice talking to you again. Best Regards ,BLONDI:cost1:

You might try turning User Account Controls off altogether. I did in both Vist and Win7 with no further problems with files or security.

PS: Welcome back Blondi!

Fibber
November 28th, 2010, 10:46
This may sound silly but did you remember to delete the filelist.dat in all the scenery folders?

Blondi
November 28th, 2010, 14:46
You might try turning User Account Controls off altogether. I did in both Vist and Win7 with no further problems with files or security.

PS: Welcome back Blondi!

I did look for a way to do that. I have not found it yet. I just keep getting a message that one account must be administrative. Thanks for the input.BLONDI:cost1:

Blondi
November 28th, 2010, 14:48
This may sound silly but did you remember to delete the filelist.dat in all the scenery folders?

I did delete some of them but I'm not sure I got them all. I will look again.Thank you Fibber. Blondi:cost1:

Grettir
November 28th, 2010, 17:18
I did look for a way to do that. I have not found it yet. I just keep getting a message that one account must be administrative. Thanks for the input.BLONDI:cost1:

Older post about W7 & Admin Account-

"I run my PC only on Admin Account, still i had to select Properties by right clicking on my
CFS2 folder ( where i installed it ) and open the Security Tab.
Select Users(name-PC-users) and allow Full control.
I do this for all game Folders installed on my PC. "

This should exclude possible Admin related problems.

Blondi
November 28th, 2010, 19:31
Older post about W7 & Admin Account-

"I run my PC only on Admin Account, still i had to select Properties by right clicking on my
CFS2 folder ( where i installed it ) and open the Security Tab.
Select Users(name-PC-users) and allow Full control.
I do this for all game Folders installed on my PC. "

This should exclude possible Admin related problems.

Thank you.I shall give this a try.One word of warning though. If you only run everything on an Admin account you could have a real problem if your pc takes a fatal dump like mine did.It was old and was going to cost way to much to fix it so I replaced it. The hard drive was still good so I installed it into a usb enclosure basicaly making it an external hard drive. I had two user accounts on this hard drive one normal where I had most of my stuff thank goodness. the other was the admin account which refused to give up any info. The old operating system(xp) which was still there would not work. The admin account kept asking for the password but then would not accept it when given.Luckily most of the info stored there was backed up on my old external hard drive so I actually lost very litttle But if I had most of my stuff there and not backed up(is everyone listening?) I would have lost everything. Have a good one. BLONDI:cost1:

mariereid
November 29th, 2010, 09:32
I thought I lost 3 Canadian installs the last couple of days. I tried installing some scenery and my fps headed for 0 . What happened was in the priorities somehow all my settings changed from min to max on every install. Not knowing this, I starting freaking and swapping files. Nothing was working, and I finally remembered that I had these installs backed up, luckily in 2 places, because 1 of them would not work. I better make another back up. I had visions of starting from scratch, or just giving up this hobby. I have no idea why that settings changed or why it made such a big problem. For sure back it all up, at least once. :salute: