PDA

View Full Version : CTD

kwb737
November 27th, 2010, 11:03
Have just discovered a problem. When I choose "Quick Combat" and "Bomber Intercept" and my aircraft is "Allied" Wildcat, hellcat, ect. and I click on "enemies" to choose which type of Japanese Bomber I want to intercept I get a CTD. When it's the other way around (My aircraft is Japanese, and I choose which type of Allied Bomber to intercept it works just fine.
Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this and a way to correct it?
Thank You.

Devildog73
November 27th, 2010, 16:42
Go to your aircraft folder and search for "sound.cfg" When the list comes up, sort it by size.
Any sound.cfg that are only 1kb are aliased sound configs. Get rid of them an install one of Lawdog's or Obio's sound folders.

kwb737
November 27th, 2010, 17:14
I did like you said. Only had to do it for a couple of AI planes. All the rest were well over 1kb. No joy. Same result CTD. Thank you for trying.

Fibber
November 27th, 2010, 19:05
Make sure that your 'Quick Combat" has a Japanese option with planes in it. I head a simiular problem and found that somehow the file had gone bye-bye. Created on using the Quick Combet utility and all is well in the combat world. Other wise like DD said, there is a wrongy plane in there. Loaded any new ones lately?

bearcat241
November 27th, 2010, 19:07
Have you made any changes to your qc_plane.qcb file lately? That's the database file that contains all the stock models and any new add-ons that you add to it, located in the QUICKCOM folder. Whether you use a third party program to add models for quick combat usage -- like Morton's mk_CFS2_Utility or Jonesoft QC editor -- or just do it with manual editing, there's always the possibility of making errors that can corrupt the file and cause crashes when making QC selections. From your description of the problem, it sounds like there might be some error in the Japanese Bomber category if your QCB file.

Try replacing the QCB file with the original backup you've stored away. That should fix it.

kwb737
November 28th, 2010, 00:43
Found the problem!!!!!! After a lot of trial and error and process of elimination, I found 4 or 5 aircraft DP files in my Object DP folder. Got um outta there and now everything works perfectly.
Thanks to all for your imput.