PDA

View Full Version : Iris To Re-Make F-14

MenendezDiego
November 25th, 2010, 20:29
Check out Iris' page on facebook.

Looks like the Turkey is going to be their Christmas release...NICE!

Diego

jp
November 26th, 2010, 05:59
Aerosoft is making a tomcat while we speak. I am expecting it to be great. I think I'll wait for it.

Roadburner440
November 26th, 2010, 06:10
All I can say is wow. Not to sure though. I bought the original F-14A product for 2004, and did all the mods to put it into FSX. I bought the F-14A/B Pro from them and have been pretty happy with that as well. If I bought it a third time I would like to see it essentially be like the VRS F/A-18E, but obviously the F-14B Tomcat.. That is no small feat for anyone. I never did update from the original release of the Pro package to 1.1 as I didn't want to have to use key commands to activate the afterburners. I love the bird. Will have to sit down and dream up a list of stuff I would like to see. Still haven't bought the A-10A, so unsure how that stacks up against the Pro F-14 product. For an avid Tomcat fan like me though don't see how I could pass it up in the end...

AndyE1976
November 26th, 2010, 07:49
I guess the Eurofighter is on the backburner or in gauge work, with the A10, BD5 and now apparently the F14 moving ahead of it and no update for ages it's either not happening now or it's going to be mega in 2011.

I'm sure the F14 will be great though.

Smudge
November 26th, 2010, 16:10
I would like to point out before everyone starts jumping on the whole IRIS vs Aerosoft bandwagon, that our plans to rework the IRIS F-14 for new artwork, updated systems and audio on par with the A-10 project was decided quite a while ago, prior to work completing on the A-10.

I had told Michael Davies of our intentions when he started work on his F-14A for Aerosoft of our plans so that everyone was in the loop. Although I am confident that both studios will be able to offer individual projects which will sell well on their own merits.. :)

From our point of view, it seemed only sensible to bring the aircraft which is arguably our flagship US Navy product to the same level of quality as the A-10 Warthog.

DB.

Roadburner440
November 26th, 2010, 16:57
Well it is good to hear she is going to be re-worked from the ground up David. I really thought the Pro rendition was very well done. Adding systems depth will be a real plus for me, and will be a selling point all on it's own. I really do not see how the visuals on the bird could be any better, but cannot wait to see the product. The videos of the A-10 in action have looked very impressive.

strykerpsg
November 26th, 2010, 17:39
I would like to point out before everyone starts jumping on the whole IRIS vs Aerosoft bandwagon, that our plans to rework the IRIS F-14 for new artwork, updated systems and audio on par with the A-10 project was decided quite a while ago, prior to work completing on the A-10.

I had told Michael Davies of our intentions when he started work on his F-14A for Aerosoft of our plans so that everyone was in the loop. Although I am confident that both studios will be able to offer individual projects which will sell well on their own merits.. :)

From our point of view, it seemed only sensible to bring the aircraft which is arguably our flagship US Navy product to the same level of quality as the A-10 Warthog.

DB.
David,

I very much am looking forward to an updated Tomcat. I haven't flown your original release in more than a year and this would certainly bring her back out of the mothballs. Admittedly, I do not own the A-10, having opted for the DCS variant so I could blow stuff up, but would definitely pay for an updated F-14. It's really too bad that FSX doesn't have much in the way of destructible scenery and models.

Matt

michael davies
November 27th, 2010, 00:32

DB.

Thats an affirmative, David and I spoke when the Aerosoft F-14 was announced and agreed that there is plenty of room for both products, each will have its fans / detractors. Currently our visual modeling has slowed whilst we work through the complex wing geometry of sweep, slats, flaps, cove doors and spoilers etc in each mode of operation. Once the POC vehicle has been passed we will then begin to add all the details.

Unlike my previous vendor I will not knee jerk or rush to shelf to usurp competitiors, this is a long term in depth project, probably my last and I don't expect to be on the shelf for some time.

Of all the projects we short listed internally before choosing the F-14, about 4/5th have now appeared with other vendors or WIP have been previewed or anouncments of intention posted. In this day and age, double jobbing comes with the territory I'm afraid.

Good luck to the IRIS venture.

Best regards

Michael

Roadburner440
November 27th, 2010, 04:27
I am still watching both products.. I have 3 versions of the P-38. What is wrong with 2 versions of the F-14? Look forward to see what you guys over at Aerosoft get done as well Mr. Davies.

Smudge
November 27th, 2010, 04:54
How many mustangs are done now?? :D

merida72
November 27th, 2010, 05:09
I Neeeeeeeeeed a IRIS Platinum TORNADO!!!!!!!!!! :jump: :jump: :jump:

halvar342
November 27th, 2010, 05:12
Im thinking about to buy the Platinum Tomcat since i have several products purchased from IRIS and all were good work. Only with the last one the A-10 i have some things to complain. The centerline tank on some models and this HUD which makes invisible the lights/whole plane of AI traffic. I hope the Platinum Tomcat will get a HUD which does not make AI´s invisible.

And for sure im looking forward for some new IRIS planes. Lets see whats in the pipe for 2011. :salute:

falcon409
November 27th, 2010, 06:07
How many mustangs are done now?? :D
Toooooo many, lol!:salute:

Odie
November 27th, 2010, 10:14
Good news, indeed! Lots of room in my hangar for more Grumman goodness, especially of the Tomcat variety....:mixedsmi:

tommieboy
November 27th, 2010, 11:09
Toooooo many, lol!:salute:

I'd still like to see a FSX H model though.

Tommy

doublecool
November 27th, 2010, 12:51

DB.[/QUOTE]

This is going to be Good... Real Good :jump:

peter12213
November 27th, 2010, 18:08
I Neeeeeeeeeed a IRIS Platinum TORNADO!!!!!!!!!! :jump: :jump: :jump:

Me too Luigi mate! Perhaps one day in the future we may see one appear on the market!

Scratch
November 27th, 2010, 18:42
Me too Luigi mate! Perhaps one day in the future we may see one appear on the market!

I'd like a really good Tornado also:wiggle:

Smudge
November 27th, 2010, 19:32
I'd love a proper accurate Tornado too.. :)

strykerpsg
November 27th, 2010, 19:50
I'd love a proper accurate Tornado too.. :)
That would be fantastic, but so would the Eurofighter you're working on currently. Do you think it will still make a 2010 release?

Matt

Smudge
November 28th, 2010, 00:31
No Matt, the Eurofighter and a number of other aircraft will be 2011... the year of finishing off half built planes..lol.

Bone
November 28th, 2010, 05:44
Tornado, Yes. Two Tomcats, double Yes.

I regularly fly both my Iris F-16D and Aerosoft F-16A/C....I love them both! So, bring on the Turkeys...and the Tornado's.

strykerpsg
November 28th, 2010, 06:14
No Matt, the Eurofighter and a number of other aircraft will be 2011... the year of finishing off half built planes..lol.

Good deal for 2011. Will anxiously await the Tomcat redux. Now, off to find Topgun and what was the other movie, where USS Nimitz goes back to 1941......with Martin Sheen??

Matt

Odie
November 28th, 2010, 06:42
"The Final Countdown".

Bone
November 28th, 2010, 06:44
Good deal for 2011. Will anxiously await the Tomcat redux. Now, off to find Topgun and what was the other movie, where USS Nimitz goes back to 1941......with Martin Sheen??

Matt

The Final Countdown. A great movie on all points, but the Jolly Roger Tomcats really make this movie.

warchild
November 28th, 2010, 16:14
get me a model and 9 months to get every number right ( including those we're not supposed to know about ) and i'll make it fly..

warchild
November 28th, 2010, 16:17

::LOL:; And i was going to retire this summer.. Ahh dear.. Looks like sitting on my arse being old will just have to wait a little longer ;)..

strykerpsg
November 28th, 2010, 16:59
::LOL:; And i was going to retire this summer.. Ahh dear.. Looks like sitting on my arse being old will just have to wait a little longer ;)..
You can't retire, you're upgrading your power supply with a monster pack that needs loving and attention........besides, we rely too much on your expertise, not to mention your association with the C-27 too. :wavey:

Matt

Pultacatt
December 4th, 2010, 00:32
DB... Tonka... Puhlease... You know you wanna. No longer the Padowan, fullfil your destiny master Jedi!

The FS Tonka lineage is yours... :)

spatialpro
December 4th, 2010, 02:21
How about a full FSXA and SP2 compatible upgrade for the British FG-1/FGR-2 Phantoms??

wiltzei
December 13th, 2010, 09:05
Are you going to model notorious compressor stalls of the TF30 powerplant, and can we expect massively improved A/A & A/G features?

Btw, there´s a preview picture on FB (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=481560157415).