-feng

monk1
November 25th, 2008, 19:49
Hahaha, you know, cut backs and all.

Drzook
November 25th, 2008, 19:56
Holy :censored: that's funny!!!
I especially like this part...
...The enthusiasm of Erin Rappaport, a Springfield, IL eighth-grader who played flight simulators on her PlayStation and impressed Naval flight teams when she sat in the F/A-18 Hornet's cockpit for the first time and already knew, or could guess,† the functions of many of the jet's 188 different controls.
"That sounds just like Erin," said Rappaport's math teacher, Janice Billingsly. "We'll miss her very much."
Erin wasn't the only special person who flew here today; she wasn't the only female, or the only person to crash into Pino's Pizza on Grove Avenue, or even the youngest. But, witnesses said, she displayed incredible grit and a can-do attitude to her classmates who were inside eating pizza when she tried to fly by and wave...
Hits a little close to home don't it?
Now if y'all don't mind I'm gonna try to rack up some practice...I know it's not a Hornet but it'll do (that and I think my Blue Angels Crusader is in the reserve hangar--still haven't successfully landed that one yet!):costumes:

Jagdflieger
November 25th, 2008, 20:34
What a hoot! I haven't laughed that hard in a year.

deathfromafar
November 25th, 2008, 21:21
That is funny! I remember reading a satire piece like that in 1991 about Carrier Aviation and the "fact" that the laws of physics were prohibitive regarding Carrier landings and that the "real truth" behind it was that every Carrier had a huge electro-magnet beneath the arresting wires that would pull the planes on deck as they flew over it. LOL. The funny part was, quite a few people bought it as a real story! LMAO!!! :costumes:

FengZ
November 25th, 2008, 21:52
hehe, click on the Interactive Feature (application to join the BA)....funny stuff!

these writers are too good at their job.

-feng

Cazzie
November 25th, 2008, 23:36
I am always being lead to the Onion from a modeling DG. It's a hoot. It's like the very old National Lampoon use to be. :costumes:

Caz

stansdds
November 26th, 2008, 06:04
More cutbacks underway, see the pic at this link.

http://www.militaryimages.net/photopost/data/500/BlueAngelsTrainees1.jpg

WAD3
November 26th, 2008, 06:23
I love the onion. I read it pretty regularly. I always laugh when I read that site.

Andrew