PDA

View Full Version : My airport blg won't show?

jmig
November 25th, 2008, 15:57
A few months ago, I tweaked my local airfield KARA with airport Design Editor (ADE). It looked great. I added static aircraft and combat parking spots, along with new hangers to more closely resemble the real airport..

Well, after reinstalling FSX it doesn't show. The folder is still in the add on scenery folder and checked off in FSX. The BLG file is in the scenery subfolder. But, it doesn't show. I never did anything with it during the reinstall.

Any ideas on what I need to do?

falcon409
November 25th, 2008, 16:09
talking about the "bgl" file I assume, lol. One of two things to do. Delete the entry from the Scenery Library. Let FSX make the necessary change (it will as soon as you close the library popup). Close FSX and then restart. Go to the Scenery Library and add that scenery as normal and see if FSX makes the changes to accept the new scenery. Once the reload is complete check to see if the scenery shows up. If it doesn't, go to PLAN B:
move the scenery bgl into the main addon/scenery folder and restart FSX. Once loaded, go to your airport and see if the scenery shows up that way.

One of those two should do the trick.

MCDesigns
November 25th, 2008, 17:58
Wow, either global warming or a govt conspiracy :d

let us know if falcon's suggestion works or not.

Panther_99FS
November 25th, 2008, 18:03
Did you try deleting it & re-adding within FSX :ques:

jmig
November 25th, 2008, 18:04
Well falcon, now you too know that I am dyslexic. :costumes:

I got it to work. I had to delete it and reinstall. Thanks for the advice.

Sure looks nicer. Now if I could learn to do real scenery. I owuld get rid of the subdivision where the industrial area is and plant sugarcane in the fields next to the airport.