PDA

View Full Version : How Can I Fix This?

casey jones
November 20th, 2010, 07:33
My FS9 is acting strange I had to un-install it awhile back and since then I just don'nt know what it is doing with reference to the add-on scenery list in the add-on settings. Here is what comes up in two boxes each time I re-install FS9:

1. Scenery CFg. File Error. Remote Scenery Path In Scenery Area 038

2. Scenery Cfg. File Error. Local Scenery directory (Addon Scenery) EZ Scenery Library Scenery
In Scenery Area .044 Not Found.

Each time I do a complete un-install then re-install FS9 I am seeing over and over again the EZ Scenery and other Sceneries still in the FS9 Scenery Settings List.

Cheers

Casey

Dangerousdave26
November 20th, 2010, 07:39
Casey

All you need to do is edit the scenery.cfg file.

Not the one in your FS9 main folder. It will be the one that is not removed with uninstalling the software.

The path is the same as the fs9.cfg file

In XP it should be C:\Documents and Settings\{your user name}\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9

Off hand I don't remember the path in Vista and W7

Just delete the entries that refer to those locations.

falcon409
November 20th, 2010, 08:07
Also, remember to first, under "folder options", open the "view" tab and check that "Show hidden files, folders and drives" is checked.
This is found by opening the "Computer" icon, then click on "tools", then folder options.:salute:

Dangerousdave26
November 20th, 2010, 08:24
Also, remember to first, under "folder options", open the "view" tab and check that "Show hidden files, folders and drives" is checked.
This is found by opening the "Computer" icon, then click on "tools", then folder options.:salute:

AH Yes always remember the basics. I forgot about that.