PDA

View Full Version : Morton

PJMack
November 19th, 2010, 19:41
I am looking for an fs9 paintkit for the realair spit XIV. I post here because I know you frequent the site.

Thank you in advance.:ernae:

sc7500
November 20th, 2010, 06:09
Would this be it, PJ ?

http://www.realairsimulations.com/list_box.php?page=downloads&product=spit08&fileType=paintkit&submit=Go

Fibber
November 20th, 2010, 06:40
Call your "Roto-rooter-man":icon_lol:

PJMack
November 20th, 2010, 11:32
Would this be it, PJ ?

http://www.realairsimulations.com/list_box.php?page=downloads&product=spit08&fileType=paintkit&submit=Go

Sorry SC. I should have said the FS9 version which they have pulled from their site. Thank you.:ernae:

Fibber
November 20th, 2010, 11:37
Somehow my post got here when it was meant to be in the "OBJECTS" post. Danggab gremlins!!!:icon_lol:

rohan
November 20th, 2010, 19:47
Are you sure there WAS a paint kit published by RealAir for their FS9 Spitfire ? I don't have one in my library, so it must have been part of the original aircraft download if it was actually published ...

PJMack
November 20th, 2010, 20:40
Are you sure there WAS a paint kit published by RealAir for their FS9 Spitfire ? I don't have one in my library, so it must have been part of the original aircraft download if it was actually published ...

I thought that there was and I'd be willing to put money on it ....if I had any.:jump:

bearcat241
November 21st, 2010, 06:16
Putting up a paintkit for the best selling product is the SOP for most payware designers. Just go to their sites.

http://www.realairsimulations.com/home.php?page=home

rohan
November 21st, 2010, 06:46
yes, bc, been there, done that, but there isn't a paint kit for the FS9 Spitfire ...

PJMack
November 21st, 2010, 07:18
Putting up a paintkit for the best selling product is the SOP for most payware designers. Just go to their sites.

http://www.realairsimulations.com/home.php?page=home

I took the paintkit for fsx and converted it. Thank you.:ernae:

sc7500
November 21st, 2010, 11:57
...Call your "Roto-rooter-man"...

Huh ?
:isadizzy:

bearcat241
November 21st, 2010, 15:44
yes, bc, been there, done that, but there isn't a paint kit for the FS9 Spitfire ...

Support page:

http://www.realairsimulations.com/list_box.php?page=support_paintkits

Quote:

Spitfire 2008 Paint Kit

This download includes layered Photoshop files for creating repaints for the Spitfire 2008.

This paintkit will only install if you have the Spitfire 2008 installed on your PC. Be sure to thoroughly read the Help PDF file contained in this download for licence information.

System Requirements: Spitfire 2008 must be installed
File Size: 55.1MB

rohan
November 21st, 2010, 17:27
Spitfire 2008 Paint Kit

"Spitfire 2008" is the revised version for FSX, which is not the same animal as the original FS9 version that was the object of PJ's original request ...

bearcat241
November 21st, 2010, 17:48
I took the paintkit for fsx and converted it. Thank you.:ernae:

We can jockey to be right or we can be helpful. You take the dds files and convert them back to 32-bit or whatever you want in FS9. I think PJ figured out how to make it work, rohan...let's just leave it there, shall we?

rohan
November 21st, 2010, 18:33
Well, you're the one who's jockeying to be right. There's nothing wrong in pointing out that the original request was for an FS9 version when there isn't a native kit available. There's also nothing I've seen to indicate that the texture mapping for the FS9 and FSX versions is the same, even on the RealAir website.

And, yes, I did read the post where he says that he converted it, unlike many forum users who clearly do not bother to read even the post above their own new post.

I've noticed in other threads that you always have to have the last word. Now, this is my last word, since your innuendo has destroyed any last vestige of my wanting to help others. From now on, I'll simply take what I want from this place without giving anything in return, just like the vast silent majority,
Ro

PJMack
November 21st, 2010, 19:04
Well, you're the one who's jockeying to be right. There's nothing wrong in pointing out that the original request was for an FS9 version when there isn't a native kit available. There's also nothing I've seen to indicate that the texture mapping for the FS9 and FSX versions is the same, even on the RealAir website.

And, yes, I did read the post where he says that he converted it, unlike many forum users who clearly do not bother to read even the post above their own new post.

I've noticed in other threads that you always have to have the last word. Now, this is my last word, since your innuendo has destroyed any last vestige of my wanting to help others. From now on, I'll simply take what I want from this place without giving anything in return, just like the vast silent majority,
Ro

First of all. Thank you both for carrying this thread far beyond where I intended. All the help that is given here is valued and appreciated. Thank you again.:salute:

bearcat241
November 21st, 2010, 19:18
Well, you're the one who's jockeying to be right....I've noticed in other threads that you always have to have the last word...

Didn't know you were paying attention all these years..welcome to my fan club :d :ernae:

Anyhoo, most FSX 'paintkits-for-payware' turn out to be just adaptations of exisitng FS9 works already on the menu. In most cases where the original FS9 versions are no longer available on the designer's site, you can generally find a way to backward-engineer the new kit to fit the old versions. Looks like PJ found the handle on that after all, which is really all that matters i suppose.

You're welcome PJ....glad to help any way i can.