PDA

View Full Version : Andy Warhol looks a scream, hang him on my wall............................

Cazzie
November 17th, 2010, 08:54
Okay, maybe way overdone, but Andy overdid things too. :>)

Done using five images shot on a tripod (Continuous shot mode, Manual everything, 1/250 exposure, at 5.6 F-stop) back in August at a Cruise-In with my IstDL, a program called RegiStax (I normally only use this in astrophotography for stacking many images), Photomatix Tone-mapping, and Photoshop.

Yesterday, I had too much time on my hands due to the soaking we got from mother nature and I decided to play with my graphic toys.

Caz

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/cazmodel/61impala_warhol.jpg

will_b
November 17th, 2010, 12:37
That a '63?

Cazzie
November 17th, 2010, 12:41
No Will, that's a late issue 1960 Chevrolet Impala. Chevrolet introduced the fast-back roof line for NASCAR and carried the roof design over to the 1961 model.

Caz

will_b
November 17th, 2010, 13:07
Thanks, Cazzie my old college roomie has a '61 convertable.

jmig
November 17th, 2010, 17:54
Interesting looking photo. Old and new all at one time.

Very creative Caz!

EasyEd
November 17th, 2010, 19:50
Hey All,

That is really really cool Caz! The texture on the side of the car and on the road matching and all the white highlights... really well done. My only suggestion is level it and get rid of the distracting partial letters in the upper left corner. Definitely a keeper and portfolio material. You should keep that one in mind for contests or selling when you open your photography print business! :jump:

You did that with an istDL - I had to look that camera up as I had never heard of it. That was a 5 shot HDR yet the ist only does 3 AEB shots so I'm assuming it was actually a 6 shot with one identical pair.

I've always thought kinda far out HDR just works so well with mechanical stuff. Any chance of posting what the car actually looked like? For me it is completely OK to go right ahead and blur the line between beautiful photography showing what you saw and art through digital processing - this image certainly goes beyond simply documenting what you saw. HDR does the job really well with mechanical stuff - I think it's harder with nature style scenes but here is one that I think represents art as much or more than photography (no HDR just Orton).

http://dwayneoakes.zenfolio.com/p676957649/h13aebe69#h13aebe69

-Ed-

PS I'm steadily getting closer to purchasing a camera truly my own instead of using my work camera - a Panasonic G1 with 14-45 and 45-200mm lenses (35mm equivalent of 28-90 and 90-400mm). The cameras coming on the market now are supplying most of what I'm looking for in terms of capability and features. For the last year and a half I've always felt that I would not be happy with what I bought since there were features and capabilities that I want that were not in the cameras on the market and cameras were/are evolving so fast. Now cameras are offering enough of what I want that I wouldn't suffer so much "buyer's remorse". I right now have to confess 3 cameras are in the running: Panasonic GH2, Sony Alpha A55V and now if I decide to really blow the budget, accept a larger camera and take the heat from my wife - the Pentax K-5. So far of the three I've only been able to feel the K-5 in my hands and it was really nice but admittedly a little bit big and heavy but I think liveable. The GH2 will be small and capable and the A55V is intermediate in terms of what I want to handle (but is the cheapest) and the K-5 is the upper end (I liked it more than the D7000 which is bigger yet). What is moving me toward Pentax besides the quality of the K-5 are the rumours of a Pentax EVIL (electronic viewfinder interchangeable lens) camera in the spring which would compliment the size of the K-5 as a second smaller camera. Have heard nothing about what lenses it might use though. I'm not invested in any lens system as I only have a couple old Minolta film camera lenses and so am starting with a clean slate.

Cazzie
November 18th, 2010, 03:04
Ed, that was shot before I even learned anything about HDR and before I purchased my K-1. I just set the camera in Continuous Shot mode and snapped off five shots at the same exposure with the camera on a tripod. I had already given thought to cropping or cloning out the top where the pieces of letters show on the facade, you have a good eye for composition.

Here's one of the the five original shots, no exposure variation.