PDA

View Full Version : SimTech planes uploaded here

Sascha66
November 15th, 2010, 14:00
Hi,

I just downloaded the SimTech planes packaged by Finn and I don't get any config files (aircraft, panels, models) in any of the individual zip files. Is there any way to get round this?

Thanks,
Sascha

bearcat241
November 15th, 2010, 15:50
Only the Spad, DR1 and Rata have them. None for the Spits and FW190's. Since Finn already has distribution authorization, he should try a second upload or just package the missing elements.

Rami
November 16th, 2010, 05:05
Hello,

For now, try this page. The Do-335 is already in the library, I'll get to fixing the upload as soon as I can.

http://www.kenstallings.com/Downloads_Page.htm

Sascha66
November 16th, 2010, 10:18
Will spend a happy evening flying these planes.

Sascha

sc7500
November 16th, 2010, 14:08
I was asked to gently modify the I-16 Rata AIR file for a bit more stability and performance - it's not supposed to be a Hot Rod [historically] and the stock air file makes it a lead turd in flight.

If you fly this plane and aren't happy, try swapping out the stock info for my AIR file and see if you like the results - at least it will let you fight back !

SC
:kilroy:

Rami
November 16th, 2010, 18:47
Good evening,

I fixed the upload, including things like sound folders, aircraft.cfg files, and model.cfg files. There may be some very minor issues, but all the aircraft should work. Let me know if they need any changes.

kelticheart
November 17th, 2010, 00:55
Good evening,

I fixed the upload, including things like sound folders, aircraft.cfg files, and model.cfg files. There may be some very minor issues, but all the aircraft should work. Let me know if they need any changes.

Thank you, Rami, particularly for the link to Ken Stallings' Downloads!

I found interesting stuff there and I downloaded the Ost Front DCG materials just for the sake of collecting ANYthing concerning CFS2.

A question totally off the subject: I find the season texture change utility included in Stallings' Kursk & Stalingrad DCG download to be very interesting, something that's really missing from CFS2. Did you ever try it? Does it work at all?

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Rami
November 17th, 2010, 03:27
Thank you, Rami, particularly for the link to Ken Stallings' Downloads!

I found interesting stuff there and I downloaded the Ost Front DCG materials just for the sake of collecting ANYthing concerning CFS2.

A question totally off the subject: I find the season texture change utility included in Stallings' Kursk & Stalingrad DCG download to be very interesting, something that's really missing from CFS2. Did you ever try it? Does it work at all?

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

1) You're welcome. 2) No, I have not tried the texture change utility. Would you like to be our guinea pig?

kdriver
November 17th, 2010, 07:44
Hi KH & Rami,

The seasonal texture utility is not designed for Sander's European scenery which has the ground textures in the EurW_LC folder (which often is in an external scenery folder).

I have five subfolders for textures in the above folder, viz: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter and Hard Winter. I switch between the seasons using batch files with shortcuts on the desktop.

Here is the Spring batch file for example:

echo off
if exist ADDON\EurW_LC\texture\@Spring.txt ren ADDON\EurW_LC\texture textureSpring
if exist ADDON\EurW_LC\texture\@Summer.txt ren ADDON\EurW_LC\texture textureSummer
if exist ADDON\EurW_LC\texture\@Autumn.txt ren ADDON\EurW_LC\texture textureAutumn
if exist ADDON\EurW_LC\texture\@Winter.txt ren ADDON\EurW_LC\texture textureWinter
if exist ADDON\EurW_LC\texture\@HardWinter.txt ren ADDON\EurW_LC\texture textureHardWinter
ren ADDON\EurW_LC\textureSpring texture
exit

Note: I use the ADDON folder for all my addon scenery.

If you use a conventional setup for the Eastern Front with the ground textures in the SCENEDB\world\texture folder, the utility works fine.

KD

Jean Bomber
November 18th, 2010, 07:03
Thanks Kdriver ,

I was searching for this text file in my HDs ,before my last reinstall I've successfuly used these batches during years even if I use also the "6 theatres multiinstall" batches system ,that Kelti uses a lot and has developped now for more than 6 install http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon23.gif ,the idea is : before to fly you choice your theatre by its batch and after your season with the season batch ....
That's worked for the cfs2\scenedb\world\texture that is common for all the theatres in the "6 theatres multiinstall" batches system .

JP

kdriver
November 18th, 2010, 23:14
Hi JP,

Yes that is exactly what I do.

I think your multi-install batch file system is by far the best way to go. You only have single gauge, objectdp, scenedb and sound folders to update. By having only one engine running all installations, I find tracking down problems is quicker.

Kevin