PDA

View Full Version : Question

f15fan
November 25th, 2008, 11:07
Hey guys i am having some trouble placing my downloaded aircrafts to fs9 i have added them to my fs9 aircraft folder and everything, i have put about 12 new aircrafts in to my fs9 aircraft folder but only 3 have worked, please help

happy thanksgiving,

sandar
November 25th, 2008, 11:28
What do you mean, only 3 have worked? Do you mean only 3 have appeared in the aircraft menu, or they don't load, or they cause problems? Did you manually load the aircraft or were they installed though an installer?

If they don't appear, check that they are installed properly. Open the FS9 folder, then open the aircraft folder, then look to see if the aircraft are in that folder, if they are not there, then they can't work. If they are there, open the folder of the 'missing' aircraft and check that there are at least 6 folders in the aircraft file, they should be Model, Panel, Sound, Texture and an air file. If either of the last two are misssing, the plane won't appear.

Dangerousdave26
November 25th, 2008, 14:00
It would help if you told us which aircraft you are having a problem with and where you got it.

You should learn to install them manually and not use the Auto installer to your Flight Simulator 9 folder unless you have to.

The basic files you should see in the folder are

Aircraft.cfg
{something}.air <--- all models can be different
Model folder
Sound folder
Texture folder
Panel folder

These files make up a model there can be many more files in this folder but these must be in the folder in your "Flight Simulator 9" Folder

See screen shot if that helps you.

Notice the folder is S7 and it is in the aircraft folder

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\S7