PDA

View Full Version : Munda-Vila enhanced scenery pics

dog1
November 25th, 2008, 10:36
Munda-Vila enhanced scenery uploaded.Do not install these sceneries if you have MR's Ondonga scenery installed.If you wish to install them then uninstall Ondonga first and vice versa.The 2 sceneries do not interfere with MR's Vella lavella.
dog1

miamieagle
November 25th, 2008, 17:52
It looks great.

Thank you!:jump:

kdriver
November 26th, 2008, 06:34
Hi Dog1,

I have installed all your fabulous scenery upgrades. They certainly transform those airfields. Thankyou very much.

However, one small problem - the varying heights of the static Corsairs. I used the Santo carrier borne ones for Munda and Vila and found they were 50 feet above the ground. Is there any other way of adjusting their elevation other than within the aircraft.cfg file? If it cannot be done, I would like to suggest that each static aircraft with differing elevations be given different names, e.g. corsair_static_munda

Cheers,
Kevin

dog1
November 26th, 2008, 08:06
Kdriver

I used the Santo carrier borne ones for Munda and Vila

Surprised about your post,i have supplied the corsairs in the kit for munda and vila with the adjusted height as stated in the read me,6.5 ft"open your zip again and look for the folder" while espiritu on the carriers was 55 ft.In the Munda read me i have stated how to organize your files when switching from one scenery to another for your missions,same applies for the personnel.
dog1

kdriver
November 26th, 2008, 15:36
Thanks Dog1,

I fixed the problem by using the static Corsairs which you supplied. I was not aware that aircraft and personnel could be placed in a scenery folder.

Kevin

dog1
November 26th, 2008, 17:14
Kdriver

You must read carefuly my read me and follow instructions per scenery specially in organizing your files if you download many or all.I advise you to build missions per scenery or more if there isnt too much to add due to the 100 plane limit and then place the dedicated files back into a master file when switching to another scenery.
dog1

OTTO
November 27th, 2008, 09:37
Any one having trouble with the Port- Moresby enhancement ?
Down loads fine & when I try to open it I get a "crc error damaged files "
No trouble with the other ones Just the Port- Moresby
Am I the only one or could it be on my end

OTTO :isadizzy:

dog1
November 27th, 2008, 17:19
OTTO

Check your zip software "expired" etc adobe reader 9,a conflict in your pc set up caused by other softwares,or capacity etc.
dog1

sc7500
November 27th, 2008, 17:56
If members are having trouble opening .RAR files, I would recommend d/ling the following freeware program from a trusted source:

7-ZIPFile Manager

It opens ANYTHING and works hand-in-hand with most antivirus / anti-malware programs for your protection.

Happy Turkey Day, all !
SC
:kilroy:

kelticheart
November 28th, 2008, 00:31
If members are having trouble opening .RAR files, I would recommend d/ling the following freeware program from a trusted source:

7-ZIPFile Manager

It opens ANYTHING and works hand-in-hand with most antivirus / anti-malware programs for your protection.

Happy Turkey Day, all !
SC
:kilroy:

Thank you for the info SC!

At any rate, in order to avoid future problems, could a sort of standard be maintained in uploading files? Please?

For example, using a compressing software which is only available as a trial version, or must be purchased, goes against the concept of freeware in my opinion.

Or writing install instructions in formats other than a *.txt file, stating that "if a computer can't handle the *.pdf format, it can't handle the upload", sounds a bit strange to me....

Thank you.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

OTTO
November 30th, 2008, 05:01
Yes , Thanks for the tip SC
The new enhancements look great dog1
Thank you much for all your hard work !

OTTO :ernae:

Pen32Win
November 30th, 2008, 13:06
Thank you for the info SC!

At any rate, in order to avoid future problems, could a sort of standard be maintained in uploading files? Please?

For example, using a compressing software which is only available as a trial version, or must be purchased, goes against the concept of freeware in my opinion.

Or writing install instructions in formats other than a *.txt file, stating that "if a computer can't handle the *.pdf format, it can't handle the upload", sounds a bit strange to me....

Thank you.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

I'll Second that motion!

Jagdflieger
November 30th, 2008, 13:18
I think that that is a good idea. Zip compatable files for the main download and MS Word or Wordpad for the readme files. These programs would allow all downloaders to open and enjoy the packages.