PDA

View Full Version : Auburn Wins SEC West

rayrey10
November 13th, 2010, 15:36
All we have is the Iron Bowl next week, then on to the National Championship...I hope!

WAR EAGLE !!!!!!!!

jmig
November 13th, 2010, 19:26
Congratulations! I am now officially an Auburn fan for the rest of the year.

Meshman
November 13th, 2010, 20:42
All we have is the Iron Bowl next week, then on to the National Championship...I hope!

Oh, that's bad.....

Seeing as the absolute best college football is played in the SEC, ie. Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, you still have the SEC Championship game to contend with. You just never know what the ole Ball Coach might have up his sleeve. He just left The Swamp with a resounding victory!!!

Ring, ring. Coach Chizik? This is the NCAA calling regarding your quarterback...

Too bad my converter box doesn't pick up CBS, as I'd love to watch the Iron Bowl and SEC title game. Seriously!

P.S. Do either of you want a link to a blog about one of the computers rating the Pac-10 as the toughest conference this year?

jmig
November 14th, 2010, 06:59
Oh, that's bad.....

Seeing as the absolute best college football is played in the SEC, ie. Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, you still have the SEC Championship game to contend with. You just never know what the ole Ball Coach might have up his sleeve. He just left The Swamp with a resounding victory!!!

Ring, ring. Coach Chizik? This is the NCAA calling regarding your quarterback...

Too bad my converter box doesn't pick up CBS, as I'd love to watch the Iron Bowl and SEC title game. Seriously!

P.S. Do either of you want a link to a blog about one of the computers rating the Pac-10 as the toughest conference this year?

Yeah, I will read it. I already know the guy is full of it ;) but I will read it. :) You may get your wish it could well be Oregon and Auburn. If both run the tables, they are in.

As for the SEC championship game, I think Auburn's test will be not that game but Alabama. At this time, Nick Saban is perhaps the best college football coach in the nation. Alabama is a much better team than South Carolina. The Alabama-Auburn game is always a game about pride as much as football.

Steve Spurrier is one heck of a coach. However, SC is no Alabama. Unless Auburn thinks ahead to the BCS game, it will beat SC.

Cazzie
November 14th, 2010, 07:14
Boise State and TCU just get no respect and no help from the BCS. I'm a VT Hokie through and through, but seeing as one of my relatives is QB for the Horn Frogs, I'm a little bias toward them also. Oregon was lucky last night, that's all I got to say. Auburn, good luck, you have two tough games to go and do not under estimate the Gamecocks, I despise the ground Spurrier walks on, but he has a team that on any given day, can beat any team in the nation.

But I believe a playoff system between the top ten teams at the end of the regular season is a must. The BCS system is crap.

Meshman
November 14th, 2010, 13:07
Might I take this opportunity to offer sincere congratulations to all three service academies, each with a winning record and it looks like each will be bowling this year. :jump:

When I hear the oft-used "student athlete" being bounced around regarding the "big name" football teams, I just chuckle and smile. They 'aint got nothing on those academy kids! :salute:

rayrey10
November 14th, 2010, 14:15
Don't need to read somebody else's biased opinion, get enough of that from ESPN. The SEC has a prefect record in BCS Championships, winning 6 out of 6...Pac-10 went once and lost. 1.000% to 00% you do the math. The SEC is 14-5 in BCS bowl games...Pac-10 is 8-5. Again do the math.

As far as Boise St and TCU, you can't have a perfect record beating "2nd tier" teams and expect a nod. I like Boise St and pull for them but they need to play they really need a tougher schedule to to get more respect.

jmig
November 14th, 2010, 14:48
Might I take this opportunity to offer sincere congratulations to all three service academies, each with a winning record and it looks like each will be bowling this year. :jump:

When I hear the oft-used "student athlete" being bounced around regarding the "big name" football teams, I just chuckle and smile. They 'aint got nothing on those academy kids! :salute:

I agree. Which is why I am always more than impressed with Rice Univ. baseball record. As I understand it, you must have a "B" average to play ball for Rice.

jmig
November 14th, 2010, 14:52
The SEC has a prefect record in BCS Championships, winning 6 out of 6...Pac-10 went once and lost. 1.000% to 00% you do the math. The SEC is 14-5 in BCS bowl games...Pac-10 is 8-5. Again do the math.

I know we are ganging up on Meshman. However, I would like to point out one little known fact. The year USC lost to Texas in the BCS there was a third place team from the SEC, who, as I recall, had a perfect season that year. Auburn's problem that year was they didn't have Reggie Bush or they may have played Texas for the BCS Championship.

NWarty
November 14th, 2010, 18:32

With the way Army's been playing the last 13 years, they should be in Div. I FCS instead of with the big boys. The last winning season was 1996. Hell, I went to Artillery OBC with most of that squad.

And Congrats to Auburn (I bleed purple and gold and from the land of people with funny accents)