PDA

View Full Version : SOH RTW First Public Practice

Pages : 1 [2]

PRB
December 7th, 2008, 14:50
Ete 0:30

srgalahad
December 7th, 2008, 15:14
Glad to see we could gather the bodies to do a Team flight... hope it's fun and successful

With ize wuz there.. oops.. Pina Coladas make my typing fuzzy

PRB
December 7th, 2008, 15:26
Baton free at RPME.

jkcook28
December 7th, 2008, 15:28
wingman down and green RPME.

Good flight guys!
Me and paul in Mustangs and one with Dave sneaking in, in his hot rod Cessna.

Dangerousdave26
December 7th, 2008, 15:29
Team member down safe

Stuff to follow

Taco
December 7th, 2008, 15:31
Another wingman down and safe at RPME.:friday:

Taco
December 8th, 2008, 06:20
I have the Baton RPME to RPLC flying P-51H

Taco
December 8th, 2008, 07:43
Duh, baton back to RPME, dumb, dumber ran out of fuel on approach.:banghead:

Taco

Flyin Bull
December 8th, 2008, 07:53
I have baton RPME to RPLC in DH Hornet

Flyin Bull
December 8th, 2008, 09:05
Baton free at RPLC

Steve

Flork
December 8th, 2008, 13:53
John and Paul-

That's some decent formation flying, especially if you were on FShost which gets a little jerky. Have you two done virtual squadron work?

PRB
December 8th, 2008, 14:02
From what I’ve been able to tell, it the “jerkyness” depends on the player, which might be related to connection speed. In any case, John’s P-51 was very smooth and “non-jerky”. In those pics, I was on auto-pilot, so John did all the good flying! I've never done virtual squadron stuff, although I've thought about it. I'd have to find a PBY squadron or something similar though! :costumes:

jkcook28
December 8th, 2008, 15:09
No virtual squadron stuff, just a bunch of online flying doing just that. As Paul said, lead on AP makes it quite easy to form up; even easier if you put your own aircraft on alt. hold and just steer left/right and throttle as required. Makes for some good screenies!

srgalahad
December 8th, 2008, 16:02
No virtual squadron stuff, just a bunch of online flying doing just that. As Paul said, lead on AP makes it quite easy to form up; even easier if you put your own aircraft on alt. hold and just steer left/right and throttle as required. Makes for some good screenies!

Yep to all the above... I did a night intercept on Dave in last year's practice... him in the default Lear and me flying the freeware Crusader... head-on approach, big honking turn and just eased in on him.. alt. hold on, throttle, stick and rudder... clean server and two good connections and we got within about 100 feet before the 'detect' in FSHost got twitchy. Even the intercept was 'easy'... he just gave me the inbound track he was flying and I flew the reciprocal a bit lower until I "saw' his ident tag then worked the formation. For anyone thinking of flying online it's not a ad idea to practice a bit of 2 or 3 plane formations in case it comes in handy.

Rob

jkcook28
December 8th, 2008, 16:18
Setting up RPLC-->RCSQ in F7F for bottom of hour departure if anyone wants to join...

edit: T minus 3 min....

jkcook28
December 8th, 2008, 16:32
Have baton RPLC-->RCSQ. F7F Tigercat

jkcook28
December 8th, 2008, 18:39
ooops...posted duenna elsewhere with too many windows open. :isadizzy:

I really did make it.

Flyin Bull
December 9th, 2008, 07:31
I have baton RCSQ to RORY in DH Hornet

Flyin Bull
December 9th, 2008, 08:48
Baton free at RORY

Steve

Milton Shupe
December 9th, 2008, 15:41
ooops...posted duenna elsewhere with too many windows open. :isadizzy:

I really did make it.

What F7F is that?

jkcook28
December 9th, 2008, 16:19
Thats Alphas freeware release with a 3rd party paint.

http://www.alphasim.co.uk/

Look in "Free Stuff" section.

Dangerousdave26
December 9th, 2008, 18:30
I have the Baton RORY to RJOS in the F7F Tigercat with all the mods in place.

Going to test out my new Free Track system.

Dangerousdave26
December 9th, 2008, 19:01
ETE 1:00

Fighting 67 kts cross wind

Dangerousdave26
December 9th, 2008, 20:10
Baton is Free at RJOS

What a battle with the head winds.

Flyin Bull
December 10th, 2008, 01:48
I have baton RJOS to RJSK in Tigercat

Flyin Bull
December 10th, 2008, 03:17
Baton free RJSK

Steve

Gregory Paul
December 10th, 2008, 08:28

66144So what would be the next leg? I did not see it on the route and planning page? Well I flew the leg Flyin Bull did just for fun in the WOP P-47M (am FS2004 model but I flew it in FSX) I could have done it a little faster but I had to go to my son's school and give him somthing so I over flew the airport and then had to lose all that ALT.

Dangerousdave26
December 10th, 2008, 08:44
I think we are waiting now for Rob to recover from the TEQUILLA Hang over and point us to the next location.

There is no doubt in my mind he is leading us here for a reason. That reason is hidden from us in his sick and twisted mind.

srgalahad
December 10th, 2008, 14:24
Well, well.. only about four crashes, a couple of overtimes and a Duenna-burp or two...not bad for the first blast and now we remember how simple things can bite.
http://wzus1.ask.com/r?t=a&d=us&s=a&c=p&ti=1&ai=30752&l=dir&o=0&sv=0a5c4252&ip=bdb07c0f&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.welpen.com%2Fzverzeichnis%2Fbil der%2Fakita_1.jpg
^^^ Akita (and THEY don't bite)
The Akita is docile, intelligent, courageous and fearless. Careful and very affectionate with its family. Sometimes spontaneous, it needs a firm, confident, consistent pack leader. Without it the dog will be very willful and may become very aggressive to other dogs and animals. It needs firm training as a puppy. The objective in training this dog is to achieve a pack leader status.

Now it's Goo and Review... take your Biology Kits to the Hideout and we can do a disection of the last few days efforts. :friday:

There's no Tequila hangover (I only drink pure Agave) and it might be a beet tweested but the mind is healthy. Stats are running into a mathematical snag (a formula I need is sitting frozen in Alberta).

Send the planes to the mechanics for tear-down and refurb.. nothing new for a few days, but while you're waiting, drop in to Fliger's Emporium and pick up some arctic issue longjohns...

Rob

srgalahad
December 19th, 2008, 10:56
As I gradually fight thru Total Body Frostbite I've managed to finally fill out the tracking sheet for the first practice.

Team Debrief in the Hideout