PDA

View Full Version : My e-mail account was hacked!

OBIO
November 8th, 2010, 16:58
I just found out that my e-mail account has been hacked. If any of you receive an e-mail from my account (suicidepooper@yahoo.com) dump it. Do not open it. The account has been deactivated. I will set up a new account in a day or two and will begin to rebuild my contact list. Not sure what e-mail service to use...will be investigating that.

I am sorry if any of the people in my contact list got nailed via my hacked account.

Tim

Willy
November 8th, 2010, 17:11
Tim, I've been doing pretty good with gmail.

WarHorse47
November 8th, 2010, 17:55
I got two e-mails from you that ended up in my Junk Mail. They were deleted. :salute:

--WH

Duckie
November 8th, 2010, 18:03
I got two e-mails from you that ended up in my Junk Mail. They were deleted. :salute:

--WH

Me too but my AVG stopped them.

Drzook
November 8th, 2010, 18:19

--WH
Ditto. Interestingly enough they were labled 'suicidepooper' but the last time you sent me something it had your name on it instead. Took heed to your warning and duly deleted them. Thanks for the heads-up.:ernae:

HighGround22
November 8th, 2010, 18:25
I got two e-mails from you that ended up in my Junk Mail. They were deleted. . . .
Likewise, Tim. They were quickly dispatched, though, and no harm done.

Flyboy208
November 8th, 2010, 18:27
I got one from you today as well, Yahoo aint so safe these days ...

Mike :running:

Milton Shupe
November 8th, 2010, 18:47
I got two of them ... AVAST did not say anything about them. :-/ I did not go to the address, just deleted them.

TomSteber
November 8th, 2010, 18:53
I feel slighted! I only got one email. :)

I did open it. It had nothing but a web address in it. I decided to delete at that point.
I figured that if you had sent me something to look at, you would have told me to.
Sure glad I didn't go there.

OBIO
November 8th, 2010, 21:52
I am 7 hours into the restoration of my PC...currently on the wife's laptop and really hating this tiny keyboard. I am archiving some stuff to DVD and to a 20meg portable HD....getting my external ready for a format and deep clean...it is only hooked up when I am backing things up, but I have not cleaned it in 2 years...figured now would be a good time to spruce it up and make sure everything is tippity toppity on it. Once that is done, I will back up my sim installs and sound packs....all my scenery and mesh was archived to a DVD weeks ago...real time saver there. Then I will format and deep clean C and D drives, shut the system down, tear it apart and give it a good dusting out, swap the HD bay thingie for one with more room and ventilation. My 250gig SATA D drive will become my new C drive, replacing the 160gig IDE drive and a brand new 500gig SATA will go in as D drive and leave plenty of room for my sim installs and photoshop files. Not that I need more room. Out of the 149gig available on C drive, I am only using 23gig. On the 250gig D drive, I am only using just over 60gig...I have tons of space...but with a 500 gig drive sitting in the drawer, unopened...might as well put it to use.

Will be able to check in via the laptop, but my system will be down most of the week while I get it deep cleaned (32 pass over writes are planned for all drives), reinstalled, updated and running smoothly again.

Glad to hear that no one got nailed via my hacked e-mail.

Tim

GearyMcS
November 9th, 2010, 06:14
Tim,

Check your PM.

Geary

Ascua02
November 9th, 2010, 09:24
Received one and zapped the bugg*r, no problems observed, relax.

BTW Avast missed it as well

OBIO
November 9th, 2010, 11:14
Boy oh boy is this turning in to one lengthy system rebuild. 9 hours last night, 6 hours so far today.....and I am just now copying my first sim install to my freshly cleaned external drive. Those 32 pass overwrites sure do take a long time to complete....but the it is worth it knowing that everything is clean clean clean!

OBIO

Z-claudius24
November 9th, 2010, 11:43
Hi,

Those 32 pass overwrites
Are you using the very good Kill Disk ? (free version)
http://www.killdisk.com

NCGent
November 9th, 2010, 17:15
I got it 2 times myself Tim, knew it didn't look right so I deleted them and sent you an e-mail asking about them but didn't get a response.

OBIO
November 9th, 2010, 19:22
Chris

Once I opened the e-mail from TARPSbird telling me that my account had been hi-jacked, I deactivated the account. I did not trust the account to send out explanation e-mails. I figured since 98.9 percent of the people in my contact list were SOH members, doing a post in the forums would get the word out as safely and as efficiently as could be done.

Tim

Brian_Gladden
November 10th, 2010, 03:29
I got one too. Opened it and then saw the link and figured your e-mail got hit.