PDA

View Full Version : SOH P-61 Update..

warchild
November 6th, 2010, 02:53
Its been a long couple of months. Crashaz has been missing for over a month now, and Toms life got real busy, but we move on.. Tonight we reached our first milestone though none the less.. Robert was able to get all the primary external UV maps finished and ready to hand over to Jankees and i hope Butch is still interested as well.. team members should check the main P-61 thread to get the latest info on downloading..
As a roigh test, i put the below texture together.. " Sorceress" is a fictitional texture which i use on our prototype and test bed. Shes been through a lot of changes over the last few months and just keeps getting better all the time.. I'm exceedingly happy with her and think you all will like the final product when its released, whether your into big twins or not.. She reminds me of a giant eagle, and where i live, we get to watch eagles all the time. they're amazing, and this plane is swiftly moving towards that very same description..
I hope you all enjoy the pic..
Pam

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/2010-11-6_1-26-36-62.jpg

Z-IanMCD
November 6th, 2010, 04:54
No that is simply gorgeous!! You made me ruin my keyboard by drooling all over it!! :jump:

PRB
November 6th, 2010, 06:18
Spectacular!

warchild
November 6th, 2010, 10:02
Thanks guys ) ) ..
And for everyone else, just a re reminder.. The P-61 Black Widow project is a donationware project which will go to support SOH. The artists and engineers working on the project are all volunteers, freely giving their time and talents to building the most accurate model they can possibly make. When the team is finished with the project, the plane will be handed over to SOH and its staff for sales and distribution. None of the members of the Widow project have asked for nor will we recieve any compensation whatsoever beyond having our name attached to this amazing little ( little?? ) aircraft..
That said, The P-61 is a community project. We are not competing with anyone here. Rather, instead, we are a group of people made up of embers of various organizations that otherwise are in competition with each other, but have laid those competitions aside in order to bring you the very best plane we can. However, we stll need help. i know we all have heavy project loads that we must attend too. I myself have four payware prijects in various stages of completion that need to be tended too, but none the less I'm here too, and will remain here. That said, and using my social ineptness as a crutch and excuse, i'm inviting the people of A2A to join us in this endevour for systems programming. The plane carries two type C and one Type B radar screens as well as a revolving turret and four twenty millimeter canons that all need programming, not to mention the engines. Help us make History.. please..
Pam

Kowalski65
November 6th, 2010, 13:26
I think we all know that this is going to be one hell of a plane when you guys have finished! Even without the awesomeness of any A2A help, we will be queueing up to get this beauty.

dharris
November 7th, 2010, 06:08
Now this is one plane I am more than willing to donate early to get, keep up the great work and am being patient as I have the credit card in one hand all the while watching for the grim reaper just over the horizon! Beautiful work.

SADT
November 8th, 2010, 19:39
:ernae: :salute:

That looks like great work so far, and if A2A joins in the fun, even if they dont, I'll be pulling out the plastic!

Pips
November 9th, 2010, 12:35
I'm an avid reader of the development thread. It's been fascinating and extremely educational. And I have to say I have been mightly impressed with how the community has worked together to get the P-61 to where it is now. Just brilliant.

I'm definitely looking forward to it's release. Plastic is ready. :)