PDA

View Full Version : Aerospool Dynamic; WIP screenshots

Lionheart
November 5th, 2010, 17:29
A few teasers of the new Dynamic. Still much work to go.

Remember, very early screenshots. Many things to adjust and make right. If you have a keen eye, you'll see some things out of place, etc. All slowly coming together.

Also note on the interior shot, most all of the instrumentation is still not yet completed.

Some of you have been wanting to know its progress. This is where its at presently.

(Might look almost done, but theres TONS left yet to do.... TONS! eeks... )

I had many requests for the rear windows, side mirrors, and winglets. This particular model burn has those added.

Note also, this is being created in FS9 first. You wouldnt believe how many polygons are in that womans sunglasses alone, LOLOLOL!!! Goodness... The new export technology works!

Lionheart
November 5th, 2010, 17:31
A couple of more from the exterior.

You can better see the rounded shape. Sort of like a micro Epic LT/Dynasty.

In case you are wondering, the side mirror are on the glider tow versions. They have an electric hoist installed in the tail area, rear of the cockpit, that can deploy a steel cable to the glider. Upon release of the glider at altitude, they reel in the cable and return to base. The mirrors help them with keeping an eye on the bird, but I think more people are liking the mirrors just to have them on there, especially with the non-rear window models. Low vis, good to know if there is anyone sneaking up behind you.

Cag40Navy
November 5th, 2010, 17:48
Good lookin palne there Lionheart! If i may ask, will you mske this pretty plane FSX Native after FS9? Thank you again!

clmooring
November 5th, 2010, 18:21
thanks for the screen shots; very impressive. looks like she will be well worth the wait.

OBIO
November 5th, 2010, 18:41
looks like she will be well worth the wait.

Are you talking about the plane in general or just the hot blondie in the right hand seat?

peter12213
November 5th, 2010, 18:47
Just saw this on facebook, I had no idea Bill that you were working for or are lionheart lol! Either way stunning work!

clmooring
November 5th, 2010, 19:23
Are you talking about the plane in general or just the hot blondie in the right hand seat?

Well the plane, but now that you mention it. :icon_lol:

phantomx1
November 5th, 2010, 19:45
Nice looking plane there with that Rotax 912 nestled in it Bill.

Like those passing mirrors too!

stiz
November 5th, 2010, 23:24
love the wing mirrors! :jump:

Just saw this on facebook, I had no idea Bill that you were working for or are lionheart lol! Either way stunning work!

Bill IS Lionheart :)

Rimshot
November 6th, 2010, 04:54
She looks gorgeous Bill, good work. I had my first solo in the PH-4E7 last August. I'm looking forward to fly this beautiful plane in FSX as well :ernae:

OleBoy
November 6th, 2010, 05:39
I think FS2004 is getting some real tasty icing with the newly found work-around for extending polys. Seeing it applied here is miraculous and very exciting Bill, by showing the true level of detail we can expect.
...I'm not aware of any other modeler taking advantage of the work-arounds, that are growing from it to better the FS9 sim. Are there any?

Oh almost forgot. Great shots Bill :ernae:

Lionheart
November 6th, 2010, 06:23
Thanks guys for the kind words.

I'm not aware of any other modeler taking advantage of the work-arounds, that are growing from it to better the FS9 sim. Are there any?

OleBoy

Yes there is. Some have secretly used it for over a year. I found out about it recently. Most people could only use this process with FSDS. I was one of the first (that I know of) that found a way to use it with Gmax.

If i may ask, will you mske this pretty plane FSX Native after FS9? Thank you again!

Cag40Navy

Yep. The model will be converted to FSX format as soon as the FS9 version is finished.

Bill

doublecool
November 6th, 2010, 07:22
I'll be getting it when she's ready

OleBoy
November 6th, 2010, 10:30
Bill,

I think FS9 still has a lot of potential. With models of this quality brought into it, it's like opening a whole new market. I'd sure like to see modelers like yourself follow your footsteps. As the end results are better visual, virtual and profitable. I think a lot of those who use FS2004 will agree.

Lionheart
November 6th, 2010, 11:43
Bill,

I think FS9 still has a lot of potential. With models of this quality brought into it, it's like opening a whole new market. I'd sure like to see modelers like yourself follow your footsteps. As the end results are better visual, virtual and profitable. I think a lot of those who use FS2004 will agree.

I believe you are right. Basically, pro developers could double their market on existing product lines (aircraft) by simply taking a FSX high detail mesh model and convert it to FS9 through this process, you would have a high detail plane that was only available for FSX and have it for FS9, (like that beautiful P-40 that A2A did, imagine that in FS9). The only thing you cant do is the FSX style materials, like their glass, which though difficult, is very realistic looking. Also bump maps are not in FS9, as you know. But we can have the high rez mesh models...

Bill

Txmmy83
November 7th, 2010, 09:49
in what price segment will this nice plane released when finished also are their both FS9 & FSX in one Package or seperate purchase?

Best Regards
Thomas

txnetcop
November 7th, 2010, 12:42
Bill this is up to your usual EXCELLENT build status...what a beautiful bird...WOW!
Ted

Lionheart
November 7th, 2010, 17:07
txnetcop
Bill this is up to your usual EXCELLENT build status...what a beautiful bird...WOW!

Ted

Many thanks Ted.

in what price segment will this nice plane released when finished also are their both FS9 & FSX in one Package or seperate purchase?

Best Regards
Thomas

Hey Thomas,

Presently I am setting at $24.95. The plan is to have two different packages; FS2004 and FSX, each at $24.95. Because of the immensity of the FS2004 project, I wanted that to sell alone to help recoup some of the cost. Its been a long haul on learning the new unlimited export system. Thats where its holding presently. The FS9 version will be launched first as its the one presently being finished up, then the FSX version will be created from the FS9 version.

Bill

skyhawka4m
November 7th, 2010, 19:01
Bill will you be producing the version in your AVATAR image?

Kiwikat
November 7th, 2010, 22:49
I think FS9 still has a lot of potential. With models of this quality brought into it, it's like opening a whole new market.

I'll kindly disagree. :wavey:

It is textures, not polys, that give a FS aircraft "detail". An expertly crafted 60k poly model with detailed textures looks better than a 400k poly-heavy model with average textures 10 out of 10 times. The Lotus L-39 is a great example of this. As Bill said, FS9 does not support bump mapping or FSX materials. It also doesn't support the higher resolution textures we've all become accustomed to, nor specular maps that give FSX planes that "glow" that FS9 planes just don't have.