PDA

View Full Version : Who Would Want To Subscribe To AMC?

casey jones
November 3rd, 2010, 10:42
I received AMC as a preview channel...what did I get? Advertisments every five minutes...it got to the point the advertisments were coming fast and long I forgot what the movie was all about! Thank goodness I have TCM.

Cheers

Casey

TARPSBird
November 3rd, 2010, 10:57
I have TCM and also the Encore channels, I think they're part of my Cox Digital Cable package which I have so my wife can watch her Filipino channels. With TCM, Encore and my Netflix account I hardly ever watch AMC anymore.

Willy
November 3rd, 2010, 14:14
Years ago, AMC was pretty good and commercial free. Don't know what happened to them.

Navy Chief
November 3rd, 2010, 17:35
Years ago, AMC was pretty good and commercial free. Don't know what happened to them.

I too, remember when AMC was commercial-free, and was a great channel.

NETFLIX is great! No commercials, and awesome movies!!! To heck with satellite tv!

NC

Allen
November 3rd, 2010, 18:13
I too, remember when AMC was commercial-free, and was a great channel.

NETFLIX is great! No commercials, and awesome movies!!! To heck with satellite tv!

NC

So did Cable back in the day. Tivo and Youtube....

Now it commercials too, it just a mater if time before Netflix get them too.

Terry
November 4th, 2010, 04:11
Anyone who has purchased copys of 1 hr TV shows from the 50's and 60's will notice that the running time is about 50 minutes. Today it's about 40 minutes. So we went from 1/6 to 1/3 commercials.

Navy Chief
November 4th, 2010, 04:42
So did Cable back in the day. Tivo and Youtube....

Now it commercials too, it just a mater if time before Netflix get them too.

And when THAT happens, I will drop Netflix and watch whatever dvds I have, and go back to reading BOOKS!