PDA

View Full Version : Basic stuff yet to be learnt!

hobby
October 30th, 2010, 05:40
I have recently started to update ETO1.40 with the 'hotfix'. I was unsuccessful at adding the 'hotfix' on the first occasion and had to start from scratch again starting with v1.00 then 1.20 etc.

After my first attempt at this exercise I sufffered all sorts of weird kaliedascope type effects with crashes and an inoperable ETOv1.40. My second attempt is now at the stage where I have a working ETOv1.40 but at this time i have not yet added the 1.40 'hotfix'.

While attempting to solve this self induced problem I looked for guidance concerning the use of the 'spawn' program, in particular when to use the 'spawn' program. Does one select the 'era' number (then press 'enter' then any key) and then use the spawn program to indicate which air force one is flying for?

Does one always use the 'spawn' program? ETO seems to work OK, at least in QC mode even when I have not used the 'spawn' program.

I do realise that this is absolutely basic stuff but I am still trying to find my way round this CFS3 program so would be pleased if a forum member could set me on the right road.