PDA

View Full Version : Acceleration Hornet - Armed & Dangerous

neutrino
October 30th, 2010, 03:22
Hi guys, I've been working on adding guns A/A mode to the Acceleration Hornet, and it is finally ready. I packaged it as a standalone aircraft (F/A-18 Combat Version). This 'Combat Hornet' is equipped with 20mm M61 cannon and has a fully functional air-to-air gun mode found in the real F/A-18.

See the Combat Hornet in action here :cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJcy2uAcgdM

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss333/neutrino2009/ACM_289_800.jpg

From the two radar modes, the two gun sights and the flying tracers (with precise ballistic trajectory), everything you experience in the virtual cockpit should be very similar to what you would experience in the real cockpit. You will not be able to shoot down other aircraft, but you will receive an immediate indication on your HUD if a shot was successful and a bullet hit the bandit.

The flight model is unchanged from the Acceleration Hornet except for allowing manually controlled flaps and reducing the arresting wire tension for smoother carrier landings. The HUD is an upgrade of the Realistic Hornet HUD by Jivko Rusev and Scott Printz, which allows ILS and TACAN navigation for aircraft carriers. You will also get a couple of additional gauges - an In-Flight Refueling Gauge, PLAT Camera and a Carrier Landing Gauge.

You can find a full description of the features and documentation (including Air-to-Air Guns Manual) in the package.

The aircraft can be downloaded here:
[/URL][URL]http://www.simviation.com/1/find-file?fileId=34548 (http://www.flightsim.com/file.php?cm=SEARCH1&fsec=89&fname=fsx_fa-18_combat.zip)

Enjoy :salute:

J.R.

merida72
October 30th, 2010, 04:02
thanks a lot ... wonderful job ... FSX is beginning to have another face ...

icarus
October 30th, 2010, 04:41
thanks a lot ... wonderful job ... FSX is beginning to have another face ...

I agree, congratulations neutrino

crazysundog
October 30th, 2010, 07:02
Good work!!

tpet
October 30th, 2010, 08:04
Neutrino, Thank you for this incredible addition. I know you have just released it so I hope I am not jumping the gun here, but was wondering if this can be integrated into Dino’s F-14. If I remember correctly you integrated your HUD improvements into both the F-14 and T-45. Just asking. Again, thank you for you time and efforts.

cortomalteseit
October 30th, 2010, 11:06
Not enough words to say thank you for this great work, Neutrino!

There are a lot of FSX fan (i'm one of them) waiting for this kind of add-ons!!!

Thanks, and looking forward for your next masterpieces...

:salute:

Warrant
October 30th, 2010, 11:45
Great work, many thanks here :salute:.

Note for IRIS F-16D users: when flying the IRIS F-16D after the hornet with the gun effects, do not forget to set the slider back to the left, otherwise you release the full amount of GBU's on a target where you intended just one :wiggle:

peter12213
October 30th, 2010, 15:38
Also what Warrant and Merida72 said, I so want this, it's fantastic, the speed of those tracer rounds, and that HUD are just well I can't find the words! :jump::jump::jump: :salute:

This must be addapted to other aircraft in my opinion!

txnetcop
October 30th, 2010, 15:46
Also what Warrant and Merida72 said, I so want this, it's fantastic, the speed of those tracer rounds, and that HUD are just well I can't find the words! :jump::jump::jump: :salute:

This must be addapted to other aircraft in my opinion!

Ditto all the above I would like to see this on my other warbirds! WOW

CG_1976
October 30th, 2010, 15:47
Piglet's Tucano:salute: is a candidate.

neutrino
October 30th, 2010, 16:09
Neutrino, Thank you for this incredible addition. I know you have just released it so I hope I am not jumping the gun here, but was wondering if this can be integrated into Dino’s F-14. If I remember correctly you integrated your HUD improvements into both the F-14 and T-45. Just asking. Again, thank you for you time and efforts.

Well, the whole gun mode was designed specifically for the F/A-18 Hornet and I haven't tried it on other aircraft. At the top of my head, there are at least a couple of things that need to be changed in the code and in the cfg files. Also I know Dino wanted to release updates for both the T-45 and the F-14, so it may be a better approach to integrate a gun mode before they are released. Of course, I must get in contact with Dino and see what he thinks. Actually, I am not even sure if the T-45 has a built-in gun, although I've seen some HUD ACM practice videos. It has a very nice gun reticule :icon_lol:

peter12213
October 30th, 2010, 16:15
I was thinking Aerosoft F-16, Iris A10 and even maybe the Skysim Hawk for the 30mm Aden pod! just the tracer effects for that one though lol! Either way this is a fantastic addon! So credit where it's due, you've done a superb job mate! :salute:

neutrino
October 31st, 2010, 11:56
Great work, many thanks here :salute:.

Note for IRIS F-16D users: when flying the IRIS F-16D after the hornet with the gun effects, do not forget to set the slider back to the left, otherwise you release the full amount of GBU's on a target where you intended just one :wiggle:

Oh, sorry for that, I didn't know they were using this function :wiggle:

neutrino
November 1st, 2010, 05:49
I was thinking Aerosoft F-16, Iris A10 and even maybe the Skysim Hawk for the 30mm Aden pod! just the tracer effects for that one though lol! Either way this is a fantastic addon! So credit where it's due, you've done a superb job mate! :salute:

I really like the A-10 cannon - the scariest gun in the world, the whole airframe starts to tremble and all is covered in a cloud of gray smoke :jump: This would be fun to do, but I thought Iris A-10 already had the Avenger, I mean this aircraft is a tank killer :icon_lol:

peter12213
November 1st, 2010, 06:55
Yeah your right mate they did include a gun effect but sinse seeing yours I now want it on all aircraft!

neutrino
November 2nd, 2010, 06:10
BTW, you can set default values for some of the HUD and gun options in the 'FA18_HUD_Init.xml' located in <\Panel\FA18_HUD\>. For example HUD color, caged mode, baro/radar altitude, gun fire rate, etc. It can be edited in notepad. These settings can always be changed in flight from the HUD Switch Panel (Shift+2).

Bone
November 2nd, 2010, 06:18
Can you change the HUD color to red? My screen is a large HDTV, and sometimes the green HUD symbology is hard to see because of contrast issues, especially with the clearer HUD glass mod.

neutrino
November 3rd, 2010, 03:57
Can you change the HUD color to red? My screen is a large HDTV, and sometimes the green HUD symbology is hard to see because of contrast issues, especially with the clearer HUD glass mod.
In this implementation there is only green and blue (cyan) color. Changing the color to red however will not improve the contrast that much. For the symboogy to look more crisp and have more contrast, the 3d model and materials need to be changed, and I can't do that (only the original developer of the model who has the source code).

halvar342
November 5th, 2010, 00:15
This morning is stumbled over this add-on.
As i dont fly the default acceleration Hornet much often i thought give that thing a try. And what shall I say? Its great. Would like to see that on much more planes. Best thing is that its freeware. But for such pearls i would donate if asked for. Great work man and a big thank you for that. Keep it up. :salute:

neutrino
November 6th, 2010, 06:28
This morning is stumbled over this add-on.
As i dont fly the default acceleration Hornet much often i thought give that thing a try. And what shall I say? Its great. Would like to see that on much more planes. Best thing is that its freeware. But for such pearls i would donate if asked for. Great work man and a big thank you for that. Keep it up. :salute:
Wow, thanks for the support, mate :salute:

jagl04
November 6th, 2010, 12:48
Congratulations for your work and many thanks to the developers. Great addon.