PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for scenery in Washington state?

OleBoy
October 29th, 2010, 10:50
I am on a mission. I'm trying to find all the scenery I can for Washington state. Here's a snap of what I have currently. If you can direct me to anything I don't have, that would be great

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/4037/scenerylist.jpg

Note - All the Seattle (seaplane) waterfront scenery has been tested and uninstalled due to a huge killer of frame rates. The designer went over kill with the scenery unfortunately. Though It sure looks nice.

Also, the Columbia River Gorge stuff will take some patience to get it working correctly. Patience....what's that?

My goal is to get all of this installed. I haven't even made a dent in doing that yet

Terry
October 29th, 2010, 11:04
Search for Seattle ferries by Opah Marshall. It's at flight sim, quite good!

OleBoy
October 29th, 2010, 11:25
Will do!
..thanks :wavey:

Going to test the traffic. This sounds very neat. Great idea!!

Oops...it appears that they are set at the same RW schedules throughout the day. Guess I have to wait for rush hour..lol

WarHorse47
October 29th, 2010, 14:38
Look up scenery by John Stinstrom. He has Whidbey Island NAS and the USCG Station at Pt. Angeles (is that the same as the Beta, I see you have?).

--WH

OBIO
October 29th, 2010, 14:48
Simviation.com. Do a search for Kenny Fox. He has two packages of Washington Backwoods scenery/airports. One, Williams Air Patch, is one of my favorite places to fly from in low and slow GA planes. A nice log cabin, some horses, a couple hangars, a big wind mill thingie (not like the Dutch ones, like the ones seen on farms here in the US). Surrounded by mountains. Breathtaking!

Elma Municipal, Concrete Municipal, Isreal's Air Park (for gliders..but a nice place for small GA to take off from). Bear Valley. Ross Lake Restort....wonderful place for floaters. Darrington Municipal.

OBIO

Was just looking at the scenery listed in your screenshot and saw that you already have the Washington Backwoods 1 and 2 packages. And a standa lone Elma package. There may be some conflict going on between the stand alone Elma and the Elma in Kenny Fox's Washington Backwoods packages.

edmoore235
October 29th, 2010, 15:03
Not sure but are you using any payware scenery? If so you might consider:
Harvey and Monroe by Bob Bernstein, for FS2004 - WA state scenery (Largo).

Take care.
Ed

OleBoy
October 29th, 2010, 16:07
Look up scenery by John Stinstrom. He has Whidbey Island NAS and the USCG Station at Pt. Angeles (is that the same as the Beta, I see you have?).

--WH
I have Whidbey NAS. I'll see if I can find Port Angeles. The beta I have is by a member here. (can't recall his name..sorry) He was in the process of sorting problems with the water if I recall right. I think you replied to the topic also back then. I think his name was John Dahens?

Simviation.com. Do a search for Kenny Fox. He has two packages of Washington Backwoods scenery/airports. One, Williams Air Patch, is one of my favorite places to fly from in low and slow GA planes. A nice log cabin, some horses, a couple hangars, a big wind mill thingie (not like the Dutch ones, like the ones seen on farms here in the US). Surrounded by mountains. Breathtaking!

Elma Municipal, Concrete Municipal, Isreal's Air Park (for gliders..but a nice place for small GA to take off from). Bear Valley. Ross Lake Restort....wonderful place for floaters. Darrington Municipal.

OBIO

Was just looking at the scenery listed in your screenshot and saw that you already have the Washington Backwoods 1 and 2 packages. And a standa lone Elma package. There may be some conflict going on between the stand alone Elma and the Elma in Kenny Fox's Washington Backwoods packages.

Hi OBIO, I've yet to install Elma (stand alone) or either of the Backwoods packages yet. The install procedure gets me confused. Having to deal with all the steps and tracking all the pieces of the puzzle to make it complete. I'm trying.

Not sure but are you using any payware scenery? If so you might consider:
Harvey and Monroe by Bob Bernstein, for FS2004 - WA state scenery (Largo).

Take care.
Ed

I have all the FSaddon Washington scenery I think. Harvey/Monroe, Vancouver+, North Cascades for Vancouver+, Wenatchee Skykomish and a few other freeware additions. Also for Canada/Alaska, Misty Fjords & Tongas Fjord and a few other freeware additions to go with those. I've yet to install those as I want to get an issue fixed concerning the Ultimate Terrain series. If I can get things sorted out I'll back pedal and install the payware goodies. Which was my sole intention.

Thanks everyone for the response

EasyEd
October 29th, 2010, 16:45
Hey All,

Where's the Georender airports? They are the best! Also there is a pretty good Spokane out there can't remember who though.

-Ed-

OleBoy
October 29th, 2010, 17:07
I never even considered the Georender stuff at the time I was getting into this. I met a guy that lived in Forks, Wa. He was into the flight simulator stuff and got me interested. So I made a few trips to go visit. Play on his PC is more like it..lol. No, I got to know he and his wife over a period of time and the next thing we knew my whole family would go to Troys place to visit he and his wife. We hit it off pretty good. After I spent a few hundred clams getting up and going, he gave it up. Was a big let down for me. A couple weeks later I got a package in the mail from him. All his disks. FS2004, a book all about it, and all the FSaddon stuff he had. Plus a LOT of freeware stuff that he'd been collecting for a few years. I must have 40+ cds with stuff scattered all over them. He had no sense of doing things specific ways either. I got a lot of it transferred to an external back-up. It's just such a dang mess. The more I look at it all makes me wonder if that's why he gave it all up. But no Georender whatsoever

OBIO
October 29th, 2010, 17:38
OleBoy

When I installed Kenny Fox's Washington Backwoods 1 and 2, I created a master folder called "Washington Back Woods" then created two folders inside of that: Scenery and Texture. I opened Kenny's packs and copied all the .BGL files into the Scenery folder and all the .bmps into the Texture folder. Combined both packs into one master pack. I never did get around to installing the Ross Lake Resort Traffic....not sure why I haven't.

Tim

PeteHam
October 29th, 2010, 19:42
I've got the FlyScenery Tacoma Narrows Airport scenery , while it's good, it's heavy on the frame rates.

Pete.

edmoore235
October 29th, 2010, 19:46
OleBoy, I use Ultimate Canada/Alaska but it is a large pain in the butt. For many sceneries I unload UT C/A just because of the problems caused by UT C/A into otherwise great scenery. My mileage is about 60% of the time I do not use UT and 40% of the time I do.... sigh. A real curse. When it works UT C/A is great but some other times pure crap. FWIW.... take care.

Ed

Jagdflieger
October 29th, 2010, 20:35
McChord Air Force base is a good add on. Look for ktcm.zip at the larger sim sites.

Bremerton National Airport (msskpwt.zip) is a very well done airfield for Washington and the previously mentioned Whidbey Island NAS (wb_knuw1.zip & wb_knuw2.zip) is also a favorite of mine.

For smaller airports in the Puget Sound area I like Coupeville on Whidbey Island by Leon Louis as well as the Spanaway airfield by Larry Silsby.

OleBoy
October 29th, 2010, 20:56
OleBoy

When I installed Kenny Fox's Washington Backwoods 1 and 2, I created a master folder called "Washington Back Woods" then created two folders inside of that: Scenery and Texture. I opened Kenny's packs and copied all the .BGL files into the Scenery folder and all the .bmps into the Texture folder. Combined both packs into one master pack. I never did get around to installing the Ross Lake Resort Traffic....not sure why I haven't.

Tim

That's a good way of going about it. Now that you mention it, what I'd like to do is round up all the sceneries, and some how or nother combine them to one big package as you mention to keep future installs and usage down to minimal frustration and headaches. Which is the main reason I don't install a lot of things now. Doing stuff like that takes a lot of time. And my patience are already wore thin messing with all of it.

I've got the FlyScenery Tacoma Narrows Airport scenery , while it's good, it's heavy on the frame rates.

Pete.

I installed that just this evening. Nice scenery. But as you mention, hard on frames. So bad it literally locks my sim machine. Too bad it never got finished and optimized. I went to his website tonight too. All it said was, be back soon. That's a lot less than what it said when I went there last year. I have my doubts he'll return.

OleBoy, I use Ultimate Canada/Alaska but it is a large pain in the butt. For many sceneries I unload UT C/A just because of the problems caused by UT C/A into otherwise great scenery. My mileage is about 60% of the time I do not use UT and 40% of the time I do.... sigh. A real curse. When it works UT C/A is great but some other times pure crap. FWIW.... take care.

Ed

After you mentioning the Georender stuff I dug out the disks I got from my buddy. Found the FSaddon goodies and installed all of them. Then I reinstalled UT Can/Alaska. I remembered how nice the scenery was and couldn't help having to go check it out again. It's beautiful that all the developers did on that stuff. Like nothing other I've had. After installing it I activated everything there was to put a check mark in. Then the Misty Fjords configurator after that. I loaded up a flight and boy was I impressed. It all blended and worked real nicely. Beautiful country in those parts. I'll be up there a lot I imagine.

At one time there was some work being done on McChord Air Force base. It looked very promising, but I don't think that it was ever released. I fly out of McChord sometimes and it would be nice to see it realistically done in the sim.

I've loaded all them bases a time or two. They've never been what I was expecting. Not even close. It's too bad. I think what we should do is all get together and do them some justice. It would sure be nice wouldn't it.
..Coupeville by Leon Louis and the Spanaway airfield by Larry Silsbee are being buggers to track and download. I'll continue searching. Thanks for the tips.

Richard Westcott
October 30th, 2010, 01:17
Pete and Sid's scenery packages has some WA airfields in it.

Payware wise FSAddon has harvey and monroe, Orcas Island, FLight one has Emma Field (not real though) and Flytampa KSEA.

Project AI has and AI package for Mchord which adds a bit of life there, I cannot remeber which one it is though.

TomSteber
October 30th, 2010, 02:10
What about Flight1's Portland scenery for payware?
Although it mostly covers part of Oregon, it does also cover a small section of Washington too.
One of my favorite places to fly is Pearson airport in Washington there.
That whole scenery package is amazing! Well worth the money.

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 06:09
Pete and Sid's scenery packages has some WA airfields in it.

Payware wise FSAddon has harvey and monroe, Orcas Island, FLight one has Emma Field (not real though) and Flytampa KSEA.

Project AI has and AI package for Mchord which adds a bit of life there, I cannot remeber which one it is though.
Yes, Pete and Sid's scenery has been a boomer for quite some time. Excellent additions to my goal. I have a few already. I plan on getting them as I make my way north towards Alaska. That will take a good amount of time collecting any and all, as I've learned there are lots of scenery available as I head in that direction. Harvey & Monroe I have. And also Fly Tampa's KSEA. I'm doing myself a favor and copying all the areas down to note pad for reference. This project will take some time. Thanks for the tips.

What about Flight1's Portland scenery for payware?
Although it mostly covers part of Oregon, it does also cover a small section of Washington too.
One of my favorite places to fly is Pearson airport in Washington there.
That whole scenery package is amazing! Well worth the money.
Hi Tom. I believe the one you're thinking of is done by Flightzone. KPDX which I have. When I originally started this topic the listing was to cover the Midwest/Northwest and Coastal regions. Then I thought the topic might get a bit too busy for keeping track of things. I'll do separate topics for Oregon, California, Canada, and Alaska just so I can keep track better. Good suggestion though :ernae:

Terry
October 30th, 2010, 06:23
OleBoy, this is a great thread you have going. People love to make scenery for Wa. judging from all that's available.

Cougar, WA Airport WN10 by Opah is another good one. In fact anything by Opah is good.

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 06:59
Found @ Avsim. Coupeville by Leon Louis and Spanaway airfield by Larry Silsbee

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 07:16
OleBoy,
Cougar, WA Airport WN10 by Opah is another good one. In fact anything by Opah is good.

Hopefully this is the one?

FS2004 Scenery--Mount St. Helens Aero Park
[ Download (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=84012) | View (http://www.flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=84012) ]
Name: wn10.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=84012) Size: 8,256,741 Date: 12-27-2004 Downloads: 1,319
http://www.flightsim.com/j/wn10.gif FS2004 Scenery--Mount St. Helens Aero Park, Cougar, WA. A small GA airfield just southwest of Mt. St. Helens in beautiful Washington State, enhanced with Rwy12 objects. This scenery is designed to compliment Hoffstadt Bluffs Mt. St. Helens Flight Experience scenery (MSHSCEN.ZIP (http://www.flightsim.com/file.php?cm=SEARCH1&fsec=0&fname=MSHSCEN.ZIP)). Rwy12 Object Placer program is not required. An FSE file is included for those who have the Lago program but this is optional. By David Marshall.

Not by David but, in the same vicinity.

FS2004 Scenery--Mount St Helena South Field
[ Download (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=80361) | View (http://www.flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=80361) ]
Name: mtsthel.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=80361) Size: 4,864,030 Date: 09-06-2004 Downloads: 625
http://www.flightsim.com/j/mtsthel.gif FS2004 Scenery--Mount St Helena South Field. This a fictional STOL airfield with two helipads situated just south of Mt. St. Helena volcano in Washington state. Includes FSE sounds for those with FSE by Lago. Designed using FSSC and AFCAD2. First in a series of scenery around the Mt. St. Helena area and Hood River area. By Stephen Read.

rich12545
October 30th, 2010, 11:21
Holger Sandmann Columbia River Gorge. Very good and goes up to Mt St Helen. If you don't use UT, someone did Sequm, the city not the airport.

rich12545
October 30th, 2010, 11:24
Oh, and holger also made scenery for a large area in western Washington. And there is a series of bush fields but I forget who did them. There is also a small ficticious field on Mt Rainier.

Motormouse
October 30th, 2010, 11:30
James Belk did some fictitious strips in Cascades.

Friday Harbor and Marina scenery (think it was Larry Silsbee again),
and there's also an add-on for Olympia; which IIRC needs Lago's FSEnhancer libraries.

ttfn

Pete

Ps wish FTX/ORBX could be persuaded to revisit their freeware Vashon and Wax Orchard for fs9

Sidney Schwartz
October 30th, 2010, 12:16
Search the Avsim.com FS2004 Scenery library for "Spokane" and you'll find three or four different versions to choose from. I'm using the FRFStudio version. While you're there, kpsc_tri_cities_wa_v1.1.zip is a nice version of Pasco/Tri-Cities. :wavey:

smilo
October 30th, 2010, 18:58
how about,
Friday Harbor Airport and Marina,
the New Tacoma Narrows Bridge.
for some reason, the Sequim file is called blw28.
-----------------:kilroy:--------------
I am still waiting patiently for
John Wayne Marina on Sequim Bay.

thanks for starting this one, OleBoy

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 19:36
Thanks smilo

Available at Avsim

Cricket Field - 4WA2 ZipDive! Download

File Description:
Located not far from Olympia, Wa. This is a little grass field that I have tried to reproduce. This scenery includes Landclass, AFCAD2, Lago's FSE files. You also must have Gerrish Grey's tree's installed. Please read the Read_Me before installing. Joe Watson

Filename: cricket_4wa2.zip
License: Freeware, limited distribution
Added: 11th January 2004
Downloads: 1570
Author: Joe Watson
Size: 3916kb

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 19:38
Eagle Creek Landing, Washington State, USA ZipDive! Download

File Description:
Eagle Creek Landing is situated some 7 NM West of Fairchild International on a nice lake surrounded by mountains. The runway is steel mesh lit by hand laid kerosene torches at night. There is a dock and a floating hangar for seaplanes. It is a small field but full of candies. Sounds included for those who have the Lago program.

Filename: kllb.zip
License: Freeware
Added: 15th March 2004
Downloads: 2549
Author: Leon Louis
Size: 4808kb

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 19:40
Eagle's Nest Resort and Airfield, Washington State ZipDive! Download

File Description:
Eagle's Nest Resort is situated a few miles from Emma Field in beautyful Washington State. Lots of candies on this site. It is a self supporting scenery. No other file is needed. At night,the main runway is lit by kerosene torches like it was done some time ago. There you will find a lovely inn or a few cabins if you prefer. There is also docking facilities for seaplanes.

Filename: kll4.zip
Added: 4th February 2004
Downloads: 4411
Author: Leon Louis
Size: 3701kb

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 19:42
FS2004 Scenery--Fairchild Air Force Base
[ Download | View ]

Name: kska1.zip Size: 3,370,421 Date: 08-12-2007 Downloads: 970
FS2004 Scenery--Fairchild Air Force Base (KSKA), Spokane, Washington (WA). Requires various scenery libraries. By Gordon Perry.

Another version

FS2004 Scenery--Fairchild AFB
[ Download | View ]

Name: fairchild_afb.zip Size: 4,729,298 Date: 01-01-2010 Downloads: 810
FS2004 Scenery--Fairchild AFB (KSKA), Spokane County, Washington (WA). Includes KC-135 repaints and flight plans for the ProjectAI model. By Mark Heimer

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 19:45
Golden Eagle Flying Ranch, Washington @ flightsim.com
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004scen&DLID=43710 Sounds

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 19:47
The file was at Avsim but no longer there

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 19:49
IONE, Washington - S23 - Airport and adjacent scenery

File Description:
Ione is a small airport close to the Washington-Canadian border, about 60 nm North of KSFF (Felts). The ICAO code S23. It now has NDB and VOR; frequencies for these are NDB- 379, VOR-113.20. This airport is an enhanced version of the default S23. It handles small AC only. This is for FS9.

This project started out as an enhancement for my ski-patrol bro who lives in Ione and grew into a major project. This project has four, basic major parts -
1. the airport itself.
2. back road area with a few farm houses, gas station and church.
3. small town - courtesy of Opa Marshall who spent much time with me on suggestions and guidance.
4. Camp ground area.

We hope you will enjoy this work. Readme file has contact info and airport ID of some close by airports. Bob

Filename: iones23.zip
Added: 2nd February 2010
Downloads: 1048
Author: Robert Lacy & David "Opa" Marshall
Size: 2098kb

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 19:50
File was at Avsim but no longer there

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 19:52
FS2004 Scenery--Lawson Airpark
[ Download | View ]

Name: wn21_ff1.zip Size: 5,965,838 Date: 03-20-2004 Downloads: 1,479
FS2004 Scenery--Lawson Airpark (WN21). This airfield is located a bicycle ride from Fairchild Int'l in Washington (WA), USA. It is setup as a fly-in event. There are lots of candies and activities for everyone. Included is an alternate file for slower computers. Sounds included for those who use the Lago program. By Leon Louis.

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 19:53
Pasco Tri-cities WA

File Description:
KPSC_Tri_Cities_WA_V1.1 (ICAO KPSC) Pasco, WAshington Airport Features : AI Road Traffic Animated Hangers Realistic Ramp Layout,and Building Placement I recommend : Ultimate Traffic By Flight 1, or My Traffic FS9 version available with MY traffic x 2010 CD Version. AEU7 FS2004 Scenery - The Tri-Cities Airport,KPSC, Pasco, WA (formerly the Pasco Airport) was the site of the first air mail contract flight between Elko, Nevada and Pasco, Washington made by Varney Airlines, (later United Airlines) in 1926. The airport was relocated to its present site and became known as the Franklin County Airport. The United States Navy built a naval air training station in the early 1940's and ownership transferred to the City of Pasco when the Navy left after the war. An EZ Scenery venture developed by Donald Miller. EZ-Scenery and Runway 12 are required to use this Scenery.

Filename: kpsc_tri_cities_wa_v1.1.zip
Added: 28th September 2010
Downloads: 327
Author: Donald Miller
Size: 5157kb

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 19:55
FS2004 Scenery--Spring Creek Cabins

Name: sprccbns.zip Size: 2,512,897 Date: 09-13-2004 Downloads: 1,024
FS2004 Scenery--Spring Creek Cabins, WA. Spring Creek Cabins, Washington, are located a few miles northwest of Hood River. They comprise of a few cabins, a hunting lodge and a store surrounding a fenced helipad. Compiled with FSSC and FSE sounds are included. By Stephen Read.

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 19:56
Tieton Flying Club - 4S6 in Rimrock, Washington. ZipDive! Download

File Description:
Tieton Flying Club - 4S6 in Rimrock, Washington. The default 4S6 airport enhanced using the RWY12 program. This airport is now the "home base" of the Tieton Flying Club. You can visit them at www.tietonflyingclub.bravehost.com. RWY12 program is NOT required for this scenery - all required files are included in this package. Unzip to a temporary folder (using folder option) and follow the simple installation instructions. Tested in FS2004 only. Compiled by David "Opa" Marshall. -- This is a re-upload of the file which was lost during the hack of Avsim.

Filename: tieton.zip
Added: 6th June 2010
Downloads: 1200
Author: David "Opa" Marshall
Size: 4859kb

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 19:57
Walla Walla Regional Airport
[ Download | View ]

Name: kalw_v1.zip Size: 182,517 Date: 01-05-2004 Downloads: 1,246
FS2004 Scenery--Walla Walla Regional Airport (KALW) serves Walla Walla, Washington (WA) and Walla Walla County and is owned by the Port Of Walla Walla. The airport has more than one runway. The longest is a paved runway extending 7188 feet. The facility is at an elevation of 1205 feet at a distance of about 3 miles from Walla Walla. This scenery requires Traffic Tools v2, AFCAD2 and textures by ASDv2.1, Nova and Nova Gold. By John B. Loney, Jr.

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 19:59
Waldronaire Airstrip. (Default enhanced)

File Description:
This scenery is located in Washington State.(East Sound) Airport name; Waldronaire. (90WA) Default airport enhanced and is located on a small Island. 2700' grass strip with runway cones. Runway 14/32

Filename: 90wa.zip
Added: 6th September 2003
Downloads: 1549
Author: Frank Betts
Size: 1213kb

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 20:01
Washington state, Northwest corner.
..Enhancements to 50+ airports

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 20:04
Spokane River Area for Ultimate Terrain

File Description:
Spokane River Area for Ultimate Terrain - scenery & effects for the Spokane River area from Cougar Bay in Couer d'Alene, ID to Long Lake, WA. Includes most major bridges (road & rail), 5 dams & power houses, river scenery and effects. All scenery is placed to correspond with Google Earth and Ultimate Terrain. Designed in GMAX for use with Ultimate Terrain USA and 38m mesh. DXT1 textures. For Flight Simulator 2004 (FS9) ONLY.

Filename: srut.zip
Added: 29th September 2005
Downloads: 1035
Author: Lou Frost
Size: 2031kb

smilo
October 30th, 2010, 20:28
Hadlock?
heck, that's just down the road a bit.

don't forget,
US WA North Cascades and NW Coast
by Holger Sandman

ever seen anything for the Olympics?

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 20:33
ever seen anything for the Olympics?

Surprisingly no. That would be a nice addition!:jump:

I was looking for freeware goodies made by individuals. But there's this. http://secure.simmarket.com/pc-aviator-megascenery-vol.4-pacific-northwest-download.phtml

rich12545
October 30th, 2010, 20:36
I just did a search in avsim for "Washington" and picked up a couple nice ones. Plus there's now one, not photoreal which I don't like, of Washington DC.

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 20:46
lol, but Washington DC is clear over on the East Coast!!

smilo
October 30th, 2010, 21:00
ya gotta love Google...
I'm currently downloading the Olympics from here;
http://www.fullterrain.com/product_demos.html
it's a 435MB free demo.

I will check it out tomorrow,
if I have time.

OleBoy
October 30th, 2010, 21:09
ya gotta love Google...
I'm currently downloading the Olympics from here;
http://www.fullterrain.com/product_demos.html
it's a 435MB free demo.

I will check it out tomorrow,
if I have time.

I love Google. It's great. Did you drink your dinner? You obviously don't realize this is the FS2004 forum. And what you found is for FSX? :173go1:

smilo
October 31st, 2010, 06:40
go ahead, rub it in, I don't mind, I deserve it.
State of Confusion... is there for a reason.
CRAPPERS!!!
the link didn't say anything about FSX.
at least, I didn't see it.
I sure am glad that I didn't sit around last night
waiting for the download to finish.
thankfully, I have a delete button and I know how to use it.

and yes, my friend, I do realize that this is the FS9 forum.
at least I hope it is.
to be honest, I can count the number of times
I've been to the FSX forum on one hand.

--------------:kilroy:------------------

humility is a wonderful thing.
now, where was I?
oh yeah, good morning, I need coffee.

OleBoy
October 31st, 2010, 07:15
Good morning Smilo. I laughed so hard when I read the above. I couldn't resist the chance to give you a noogie:jump:

smilo
October 31st, 2010, 07:40
good morning,
it's not a problem.
we've got to get our fun
when and where ever we can.

I was just over at flightsim and found this;
80WA.zip
Hadlock, Wa
...and it's even for FS2004!!!

smilo
October 31st, 2010, 08:36
so, today, I was digging around
and remembered a site that was a giant list.
unfortunately, I accidentally deleted the link
from my favorites list several months ago
and then, I forgot about it.
but that's another story.

today, I woke up and found it again.
check this out, if you don't already have it;
http://www.freewarescenery.com/fs2004/us.html
there is some good stuff in there,
but you've got to look for it.
of course, some of the avsim links are dead,
but in some cases, there are alternatives.
and just for grins, click on
Back to scenery overview
to have a look at the world wide list.
IMHO, it is a very impressive list
and it is often updated

I'm actually thinking of a making new FS9 installation,
the Pacific Northwest

OleBoy
October 31st, 2010, 10:16
Washington state, Northwest corner.
..Enhancements to 50+ airports

Researching more thoroughly while trying to decipher any meaning to the above information, led me to this for a "What is it?" I think it's safe to say this is the scenery related

FS2004 Downloads: Pacific Northwest Airport Upgrade (http://www.downloadie.org/modules.php?name=Flight_Simulator_X_Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=1609#dl) Must register to download

With the availability of a new program by Israel Roth and Seev Kahn, Rwy12 I can now do a project that I had in mind since the FS2000, the bringing to life FS airports. It always bothered me to make a nice landing at an airport and then look around and find..... nothing, maybe a plane here and there but often nothing, no life, nada, zilch. This download is for those who would like to see signs of activity at places they visit in the FS world. I have chosen the northwest corner of Washington state, specifically the area to be covered by the soon to be released "Pacific Northwest Megascenery", since I live just north of Seattle. You won t have to get the Megascenery to enjoy these airport changes however, I just used it as the coverage area as I ve already got it on order. There are 50+ airports represented in the files, the bigger ones have there own .BGL's the smaller lumped into two .BGL s, Small Airports N & S (of Seattle).by Neil Hill, Lynnwood, WA

http://www.downloadie.org/images/NukeStyles/EDL/mod/right.gifhttp://www.downloadie.org/images/NukeStyles/EDL/mod/left.gif
Version: FS2004
Compatibility: FS2004
Filesize: 1.73 MB
Added on: Dec-01-2004
Downloads: 245

Tom Clayton
October 31st, 2010, 11:48
http://www.freewarescenery.com/fs2004/us.html
That's the one that used to be walhalla.mine.nu - good to know he's still maintaining the lists!

rich12545
October 31st, 2010, 12:15
Researching more thoroughly while trying to decipher any meaning to the above information, led me to this for a "What is it?" I think it's safe to say this is the scenery related

FS2004 Downloads: Pacific Northwest Airport Upgrade (http://www.downloadie.org/modules.php?name=Flight_Simulator_X_Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=1609#dl) Must register to download

With the availability of a new program by Israel Roth and Seev Kahn, Rwy12 I can now do a project that I had in mind since the FS2000, the bringing to life FS airports. It always bothered me to make a nice landing at an airport and then look around and find..... nothing, maybe a plane here and there but often nothing, no life, nada, zilch. This download is for those who would like to see signs of activity at places they visit in the FS world. I have chosen the northwest corner of Washington state, specifically the area to be covered by the soon to be released "Pacific Northwest Megascenery", since I live just north of Seattle. You won t have to get the Megascenery to enjoy these airport changes however, I just used it as the coverage area as I ve already got it on order. There are 50+ airports represented in the files, the bigger ones have there own .BGL's the smaller lumped into two .BGL s, Small Airports N & S (of Seattle).by Neil Hill, Lynnwood, WA

http://www.downloadie.org/images/NukeStyles/EDL/mod/right.gifhttp://www.downloadie.org/images/NukeStyles/EDL/mod/left.gif
Version: FS2004
Compatibility: FS2004
Filesize: 1.73 MB
Added on: Dec-01-2004
Downloads: 245

For me, your link goes to a FSX trial download.

OleBoy
October 31st, 2010, 12:41
For me, your link goes to a FSX trial download.
http://www.surclaro.com/download.php?query=pnwrwy12&op=search&cid=
http://www.fsdome.com/php-bin/download.php?url=dXBsb2FkczA0L2RlYy9wbndyd3kxMi56a XA=&crypt=yes&design=standard

rich12545
October 31st, 2010, 13:05
Much better. Thanks.

OleBoy
November 2nd, 2010, 20:46
and just purchased LAGO Georender Forks, Wa (S18). I couldn't find much info or pictures aside from this link.
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwestwoodinn.wordpress.com%2F2008%2F 03%2F04%2Fforks-airport-s18-washington%2F

Here is a review http://flyawaysimulation.com/article355.html

Word of warning to anyone considering this scenery. Think twice. Three times even. I do not recommend it as the quality is not up to par. I gambled because it was an area I have not found anywhere else. For fs2002 it may have been good. For fs2004, DON'T BUY IT!!! $24 Hopefully I can get a refund

Naismith
November 2nd, 2010, 20:56
Thought I'd just pop in to say what a good thread and to keep it high in the list. I like WA nice place.

OleBoy
November 7th, 2010, 17:22
I just found this. It was mentioned earlier on. What developer is best for Friday Harbor?
...I'll test it.

FS2004 Scenery--Friday Harbor Airport
[ Download (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=100692) | View (http://www.flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=100692) ]
Name: frihrbap.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=100692) Size: 8,915,388 Date: 05-08-2006 Downloads: 427
http://www.flightsim.com/l/frihrbap.gif

FS2004 Scenery--Friday Harbor Airport (KFHR). Buildings and objects for Friday Harbor Airport and marina W33. Marina scenery needs Ultimate Terrain USA to match up. By Flemming Hansen

Update; This is a nice scenery. Very nice job and worth the download everyone

rich12545
November 7th, 2010, 20:39
You talked me into this one. I fly a lot around the puget sound.

Btw, there's some scenery for the grand coolee dam around.

OleBoy
November 7th, 2010, 20:59
You talked me into this one. I fly a lot around the puget sound.

Btw, there's some scenery for the grand coolee dam around.

I saw the Coulee Dam. Never downloaded it yet though. The Columbia River Gorge scenery is nice too. Although that puts quite the hit on my machine for some reason

rich12545
November 8th, 2010, 04:23
Oh, and if you go over to Blue Sky Scenery there's a hires photoreal of Mt Rainier. It's a lot of downloading and I've never tried it but the pic looks nice and they do good work.