PDA

View Full Version : The Bahamas Archipelago by Toni Agramont

edmoore235
October 27th, 2010, 08:23
Just downloaded this one from Flightsim - enjoy, another fine scenery from Toni Agramont. FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Scenery FS2004 Scenery--The Bahamas Archipelago
[ Download (http://flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=150960) | View (http://flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=150960) ]
Name: bahamas-1.zip (http://flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=150960) Size: 17,346,960 Date: 10-26-2010
http://flightsim.com/p/bahamas-1.gif FS2004 Scenery--The Bahamas Archipelago. The scenery contains 29 islands, 146 towns and inhabited places, 58 aerodromes of all the categories. Fly low to see many details. By Toni Agramont (http://flightsim.com/main/review/agramont/agramont.htm).

Sundog
October 27th, 2010, 08:27
Any idea how this compares with Free Flow Bahamas?

edmoore235
October 27th, 2010, 08:48
No idea. But a very good question. Did find FreeFlow Bahamas at Flightsim just a minute ago. Did notice that FREEFLOW has an autoinstaller (kiss of death for me) but if ya feel lucky try it out and let me know.....smile. The Toni Agramont Scenery is manual install. I found it to be very easy to install. Visited five sites within the scenery and was impressed with frame rate and good detail at each site. Good luck all.

Ed

rich12545
October 27th, 2010, 20:21
Wow. Another from Toni Agramont. His stuff is top notch. This will go well with his other Caribbean scenaries.

Fleet Canuck
October 28th, 2010, 20:13
Hi! This looks like great scenery, if I can get it to work. I followed the simple directions, put it in Addon Scenery with all the others, and tried to enable it in the Scenery Library screen, but there's no title for it.

In comparing the file to other addon scenery files, I notice it's lacking a scenery.dat file, which all the other sceneries have. I checked back to the original file I downloaded, and it's not there. Is this just a faulty download? I got it from flightsim.com.

Thanks for the help!

Astoroth
October 28th, 2010, 23:55
Hi there, FC!

Before there can be a Title for you to enable, you have to tell it where the scenery is, and what the title should be.

Click on the Scenery Library button, then click on Add Scenery.
This will pop up an explorer window, which you use to find the scenery to add. Click on addon scenery. Then click on the folder that you just placed in there for this scenery. Give it a title, such as "Agramont Bahamas" then click ok, I think it's 3 times. This will take you back to the main FS screen. Shut down your sim, and restart, and you should be good to go!

You don't need that Scenery.dat file to activate it, that's just a leftover from when the author had it activated on his system. Your system will put it's own scenery.dat file in when you activate it as above.

Happy flying!

~A~

Fleet Canuck
October 31st, 2010, 19:22
Thanks, Astoroth:

After enabling so many add on sceneries, I couldn't figure out why this one wasn't working. I decided to follow your directions word for word, to the extent of entitling the file "Agramont Bahamas" and that was what fixed it.

I had entitled the file "Bahamas" and I guess that conflicts with some FS9 default scenery file. One more victory for SOH forums over ignorance!

Astoroth
October 31st, 2010, 20:04
:salute:

Trans_23
October 31st, 2010, 21:05
No idea. But a very good question. Did find FreeFlow Bahamas at Flightsim just a minute ago. Did notice that FREEFLOW has an autoinstaller (kiss of death for me) but if ya feel lucky try it out and let me know.....smile. The Toni Agramont Scenery is manual install. I found it to be very easy to install. Visited five sites within the scenery and was impressed with frame rate and good detail at each site. Good luck all.

Ed
If you want to try the scenery just point the installer to a temporary folder that you create. It will extract all the files to that folder and you can look them over before installing. If you try this and it tells you it can't find FS and will not install, put a copy of the fs9.exe in the temp folder you created.

edmoore235
October 31st, 2010, 21:36
Thanks Trans_23. Good info, will give it a view. Take care.

Ed

aeromed202
November 1st, 2010, 04:37
If the FPS are better with the same level of detail as FF that would be great. I really like FF's work. I had Toni's South Pacific sceneries once but my FPS really suffered.

OleBoy
November 1st, 2010, 05:31
A way I do it if all you see inside the folder is a scenery and texture folder is to extract it to itself (what it's .zip or .rar name is) then go inside that folder and create a new folder (for example) Archipelago. And then drop the scenery and texture folders in that and then put that into the add on scenery folder

rich12545
November 1st, 2010, 05:58
Toni Agramont's sceneries don't have scenery and texture folders. They have scenery and texture zip files. So you need to make a folder as described above with empty scenery and texture folders and then unzip each to its respective folder. I have all of his sceneries grouped because so many of his texture files are identical. For example all caribbean scenery and texture files in a "caribbean" folder.