PDA

View Full Version : My Thread on Juan Williams

jmig
October 25th, 2010, 18:36
A few days ago I started a thread on the firing of Juan Williams. The next day I had to go out of town and was unable to follow the thread over the weekend.

Several members, including members of the Staff, thought that in posting the thread I was overstepping my position as a moderator and posting what SOH Staff would not allow a member to post. I did not think of my thread as being political.

I saw that thread as a legitimate news item about which I posted, and expressed my opinion on how it was handled. I did not see my post as political, but instead a lamenting the fact that a man whom I respected was fired in what I thought was an unfair way.

As a moderator it is imperative that I not only follow the rules and not take advantage of my position, but that I act in a way which doesn't put forth the perception that there are two sets of rules; one for members and another for Staff. I apologize to anyone who may have thought I was playing by a double standard. In the future I will be more careful in what I post.

On another note, I want to commend the members who did post in that thread. I thought you did a good job of stating differences of opinions without resorting to disingenuous statements and accusations.

More than one member stated that we have some of the most civil members of any forum. I agree and thank you for being civil to one and another.