PDA

View Full Version : Fs 2002 scenery glitches KMMU and EGDM

stewpot
October 25th, 2010, 08:52
Hi to all,

I still run FS 2002 alongside FS9 , mainly because I have loads of bush scenery installed on it , and because it still looks pretty good .

Anyway, I took a random flight from EGDM [Boscombe Down UK ] yesterday, and got the ‘scenery library objects not found’ message.

Turns out – after a bit of digging with Google [ bless it] that the problem is due to Microsoft not including the model of Stonehenge in the sim.

There was a link on a very old Flightsim thread to a fix for this on vfrscenery.com, but this is now defunct.

I eventually found the file on Simviation [ Stonehenge.zip ]. It gets rid of the message and includes a rather good model of the monument. It is certainly better than the FS9 equivalent, which is minute.

The same Flightsim thread goes on to mention a similar message displaying when flying out of Morristown NJ USA [ KMMU. ]

I have pasted the poster’s fix for this below.

''JohnC (Cactus 521) Jan-31-02, 11:51 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Missing scenery objects..NY"
I was the one who posted the fix for this. With the research of some others, we determined it was Giants stadium that was the cause. Here's the text of my post:
Applying my fix will remove Giants stadium from the scenery, but will also eliminate the error message. The fix:

Simply paste the exclude statement to the bottom of the New York scenery entry in your scenery.cfg. Here's my entry, with the exclude statement:

Title=New York
Active=TRUE
Layer=XX
Remote=
Required=FALSE
Local=scenedb\cities\newyork
Exclude=N40 48 56.4000,W74 04 43.8000,N40 48 24.0000,W74 04 14.4000,objects

This should eliminate the error, but alas, Giants stadium will be gone as well. But at least it should provide a flight into NYC without pauses.

For those unfamiliar with the error, start a flight at Morristown, NJ with scenery density maxed. Also, this error appears when approaching NYC. ''

Sorry if this is perhaps old news, but I have had FS 2002 for years and only discovered the problem yesterday.

Regards..Stuart:salute: