PDA

View Full Version : Now THIS is an effective speed bump!!!!

Navy Chief
October 25th, 2010, 07:58
_5ZwbDj7sQM

Heh, heh.....

NC

OleBoy
October 25th, 2010, 08:51
Effective.....HECK YES!!!!

Jagdflieger
October 25th, 2010, 09:13
Ausgezeichnet!

Tako_Kichi
October 25th, 2010, 09:41
Boy that car was really flying down that street!

Roadburner440
October 25th, 2010, 13:46
We need that here in America.. Just need to have it jettison to the side of the road though so no one in front doesn't get hurt. :ernae:

Bjoern
October 25th, 2010, 13:46
And that's Germany for you, rest of the world. *Chuckle*

Terry
October 25th, 2010, 13:52
The US needs a sidewalk version for bikes, skateboards, etc.

Willy
October 25th, 2010, 13:56
I could use one of those in front of the house.

Navy Chief
October 25th, 2010, 14:09
The previous place I lived at was in a community of log homes; most of them rentals.

We had new renters driving past our house every week, and they always drove fast. It was a constant battle with those idiots. We worried all the time about one of our cats or our dog being run over.

I finally got fed up with it, and had a gravel truck bring me a load, which I used to create 4 speed bumps. It worked great. They slowed down. But the landlords who owned the properties all protested. That was one of the reasons I sold that place and moved further out into the country. Now my house is about 800 ft from the road.

NC

Roadburner440
October 25th, 2010, 14:13
Yeah. Can't beat country living. Can do what you want without idiots interferring, and do not have to worry about constant criminal activity. I just do not want to have an hour drive to work everyday, and the same journey home. Cannot believe the owners protested you making the road safer, but then again all they care about is a quick $$.

Navy Chief
October 25th, 2010, 14:32
Yeah. Can't beat country living. Can do what you want without idiots interferring, and do not have to worry about constant criminal activity. I just do not want to have an hour drive to work everyday, and the same journey home. Cannot believe the owners protested you making the road safer, but then again all they care about is a quick $$.

The owners didn't care about the road being safer, because they didn't live in the log homes; they just rented them. They were upset with me because the renters were complaining. I finally got tired of fighting with the dumb...ses, and moved.

Willy
October 25th, 2010, 15:24
Our road is the back way to the local high school and we've got HS kids driving down it that think it's a race track or something. And talking to the county sheriff, they don't care. I guess nothing will happen until someone gets killed and then only if they're related to one of the county bigwigs.

Wittpilot
October 25th, 2010, 19:49
Is that the German version of "Doc" Brown?