PDA

View Full Version : B-25J "BRIEFING TIME" FS9

beana51
October 24th, 2010, 08:34
Trouble is starting by the numbers, will not start,also in auto start.,will not start!...Switchs on,Master on ,high booster,prime,energize,mesh...all works with all sound.Engines turn over ,props spin,.but no start up... never had a problem!If I elevate the plane with Slew mode..it roars to life...Uninstalled it,and Reinstalled it,numerous times,..seems engines need overhall....The best part of this Great model is the start up!...all other models no problem....any Thoughts????..Thanx Vin!! http://s2.images.proboards.com/wink.gif

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL2011/12979904/23096569/392831089.jpg

Wild Bill Kelso
October 24th, 2010, 08:47
Just browsed through the checklist:
Is your parking brake set?

dogknot
October 24th, 2010, 11:38
I tried, but can't duplicate your problem. Starts by the numbers and/or FS autostart.

Props full, manifold full, throttle cracked...switches are on, especially the Battery Disconnect switches, Master, and Mags to both. Then High booster switches, Energize (R) engine, prime (R) quickly 6 or 7 strokes, Starter mesh (R). Right engine starts. Repeat if necessary. Then repeat energize, prime, start, for left engine.

Autostart in FS: battery disconnect switches on, Master on, Ctrl+E.

By your explanation it sounds like you did exactly that. The no start with autostart keys makes me believe your FS is hung on a previously selected aircraft.
The fix is usually, at FS startup select the default flight Cessna at Seatac. Then shutdown the Cessna and then switch to the B-25J.

Good Luck! Hope this may help.

beana51
October 24th, 2010, 12:38
Interesting comments guys!.....However I had a full functioning B25J,one day,and suddenly now I do not."Such Is Life I guess'..to my knowledge nothing changed...I indicated ,the start up feature of this model was a big plus, all the switch's work,makes for a reasonable realistic start up!!Coupled with the great sound.....Second or third ways just won't do it..No Fun! in that!!...Someone told me Make sure you have a "Gaugesound.dll", (But I do have Dill Pickleshttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gif)and that I do not know that yet..what do I do??...I was thinking of deleting the FS9 cfg file ,and have FS9 replace it...in any event thanx you guys...Vin

WarHorse47
October 24th, 2010, 13:13
Have you made any changes to your default flight??

A lot of folks do not realize that the default fight contains a variety of parameters that affect aircraft startup. For example, look for the FLT file on your default flight, open with Notepad and look at these sections:

[Systems.0]
BatterySwitch=False
AvionicsSwitch=True
StructuralDeiceSwitch=False
PropDeiceSwitch=False
Autobrakes=Off
StandbyVacuum=False
PropSync=False
FlightDirector=False

[Gauges.0]
KollsmanSetting=30.339193344116211

[Switches.0]
PitotHeat=False
BeaconLights=False
LandingLights=False
LogoLights=False
NavLights=False
PanelLights=False
RecognitionLights=False
StrobeLights=False
TaxiLights=False
WingLights=False
CabinLights=False

Notice with these settings the Avionics switch is automatically set to on. With a Ctrl-E the battery and generator should turn on, unless there is an XML file that overrides that. There are other sections as well that load a specific parameter to the various switches and systems.

With my MAAM B-25J I can start it with Ctrl-E or with manual. A few of my payware aircraft, like the Aeroworx Beech B200, require a more complicate startup due to an XML routine, so I also have some hotkeys setup for turning on the battery, avionics and generator.

--WH

PS - deleting or renaming your FS9.cfg will create a new FS9.cfg and default flight with the Cessna flight at Meigs. Go ahead and and try this, and see if the B-25 startup returns to normal.

beana51
October 24th, 2010, 15:51
Thank You war horse.....today I D/L the MAAM updates....a new panel offered!..this resulted in some cantankerous start ups!!.....then some how it went back to not starting,in any way...If I slew it up a few feet It roars to life.....now all works,Switch's ,lights sound ECT ECT.......I did re install a few time...question I may have..how to do a CLEAN uninstall??.....like I indicated I like this great model...flying it from the begining!!...I guess it needs an over haul.....I have contacted MAAM,hopefully the mechanics have an idea!!.Of course I will share their responce....Thank you Sir,appreciate your expertise...Vin!!

WarHorse47
October 24th, 2010, 17:13
You're welcome, Beana51.

I recall a similar issue with the MAAM DC-3/C-47 startups. Here's the thread, I believe..

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/197432-engine-start/

Might be some more ideas in their forum. Good luck.

--WH

beana51
October 24th, 2010, 18:41
Hi again WH!.....that site showed that I'm not alone,small consilation!......Buried in there was talk of pre -set Frame Rates.....now mine are set high...like all my settings all maxed out with FS9...So I took note and reduced my FRs to 27 or so---low!!....and LO AND BEHOLD!!...The Glorious sounds of those radials firing up-filled my room..tried it again ..and again they started manually.!!!...How can one figure these things out with computers...are they living things with personality's of their own,?? do they have preferences to suit them selves??/ Kinda like us??? MIND BOGGLING!..I truly hope some poor Bloke will learn of this.,my experience,and hope their computer is receptive to this!!..again thank you so much!...the The thoughtful,helpful attitude that exists with serous Simmers here is wonderful....CHEERS MY FRIEND...Vin!! :ernae: