PDA

View Full Version : For those that like the California Classic's retro scenery

Willy
October 21st, 2010, 15:04
Africa 1960 has just been released. Includes 105 retro airports that took 13 months to put together. Just what little I've poked around at Cairo looks great.

Also, most of their more recent Classic Scenery require a bunch of static object libraries, enough so that I'd been a bit put off about installing them. Just up at FlightSim.com is classic_libraries.zip by Wolfgang Gersch which covers almost all of the object libraries needed. And in the readme file is a link to the rest. Classic Libraries comes in at 175mg so get it when you've got plenty of time for a big download.

I'm playing catch up now on installing Classic scenery....

extrudinator
October 21st, 2010, 16:15
Great news! Thanks for posting this.

tgibson
October 22nd, 2010, 11:40
Glad you're enjoying both files. :)

Tom Gibson

Willy
October 22nd, 2010, 12:54
Both? I'm enjoying all the Classic Sceneries that I hadn't installed before now due to not having the required static object libraries. :d

Enough so that I'm probably going to extend my current Howard 500 flight a bit farther than I originally intended to fly it.

Jagdflieger
October 22nd, 2010, 19:08
Great add ons as always from California Classics. My FS 9 is virtually a 1960s flight sim thanks to them.

Lionheart
October 22nd, 2010, 23:15
Thanks for the heads up Willy!

Will be great for cross-african journeys. Yah just have to journey Africa in vintage times to really get the feel for how huge Africa really is...