PDA

View Full Version : NASJAX Florida Air show this weekend ...

Snuffy
October 20th, 2010, 11:09
The blue angels have been flying over the work place all day ... they'll continue practicing for the rest of the week ... what JOY! :applause:

Odie
October 20th, 2010, 11:26
Nothing better, Snuffy! Always enjoy the practice run-ups to the actual show when we go to VA Beach for the NAS Oceana show.

Roadburner440
October 20th, 2010, 12:33
Snuffy you going this Saturday too? Would be nice to maybe have a SOH meet & greet or something if anyone else is coming.

Snuffy
October 20th, 2010, 14:58
I didn't say it was a bad thing did I? :D

I'm just getting tired of jumping up and running outside to see if I can catch a glimps as they sail by.

Road, I don't know if I'm gonna make it or not ... if I go it'll be a spur of the moment thing. :wavey:

Roadburner440
October 20th, 2010, 15:31
Ah. I have been excited for this airshow for months now. So no matter what I am going on Saturday. I am glad it is this weekend too as I have duty next weekend. I haven't even been able to catch a glimpse of the Blue Angels at all though. I assume that is what has been coming through doing flyovers at NS Mayport as well. We will be having an aircraft there anyway. So if you do go will be the only MH-60R there. I thought HSM-70 was going to be supporting it, but we got tagged for it (which is cool). I just hope a lot of the aircraft on their website list that are "invited" but not confirmed yet actually show up.

TARPSBird
October 20th, 2010, 16:24
Wow, Jax has their show late in the season. The Oceana show is in mid-September and often falls victim to lousy weather. It's even been canceled a couple times for hurricane threats.

rpjkw
October 20th, 2010, 17:15
Three more years and the wife retires. Then we'll be moving to Palm Coast and the airshows around the area, plus Sun n Fun, will be a regular events to attend. Especially with some SOHers to meet, since the wife thinks watching paint dry is more fun.

Bob