PDA

View Full Version : Change six-pack gauges ?

whitehawk_2009
November 23rd, 2008, 18:52
Is there a way to change the gauges in the six-pack view after the 2d panel? I'd like to change the gaugesin some of my fast movers and add an ILS gauges. Problem is, I can't find it in the panel.cfg. Any ideas?
Thanks,

WH

Astoroth
November 23rd, 2008, 19:32
You can indeed change the minipanels, I have customised mine quite extensively.

Look in your FS\aircraft\default\panel folder for the panel.cfg for the default minipanel.
Some aircraft have a minipanel section in their panel.cfg file that defines the minipanel for that specific aircraft.

losttexan
November 23rd, 2008, 19:52
This is something that I would like to do as well. Hoe do you make the changes?

Thanks!

srgalahad
November 23rd, 2008, 20:46
The best solution is to use FSPanel Studio http://www.fspanelstudio.com/index.htm
(payware but worth it if you think you'll do a lot of mods - a demo version is available but will not save the modified file) although there may be some other hints out there.

It can also be done the laborious way by manually editing the panel.cfg file.

If you are not comfortable with normal Windows functions (cut, paste, copy, etc) and are not used to running with multiple windows open on the desktop, you may want to think of getting someone to help you. It's a fun thing to learn but there are (recoverable) risks involved and you need to be methodical.

Panel design is a whole FS world unto itself and can turn into one of those all-consuming addictions -- beware!:d

Rob

Astoroth
November 24th, 2008, 00:22
I use FSpanel Studio myself. While the version I have won't actually edit the minipanels, I have one aircraft that I use just for minipanel editing. I edit the gauges on it, then copy and paste it to the aircraft\default\panel.cfg. works like a charm!

Keep in mind that there are several minipanel versions in that default panel.cfg, it chooses the appropriate one depending on the aircraft type you are flying. I just edit them all the same, so that I always have my custom minipanel.

Motormouse
November 24th, 2008, 09:55
there is another way for a custom minipanel; in the panel .cfg
of a particular individual aircraft, in the section

[Window Titles]

create another one called minipanel, like this

WindowXX=MINIPANEL // Replace the XX with next window number in sequence

then simply edit the appropriate

[WindowXX] // Replace XX with same number sequence as before

section in the panel.cfg

As an example here's one I use for carrier ops, adapted from the one for
Roland Laborie's Crusader F-8

[WindowXX]
position=1
window_pos=0.0,0.0
size_mm=1024,768
window_size=1.000,1.000
child_3d=1
background_color=0,0,0
render_3d_window=1
update_rate = 1
ident=MINIPANEL
gauge00=VthMb!Vth, 112, 84
gauge01=CRUZXML!pilotauto8MINIPANEL, 247, 0, 545, 84
gauge02=FPDA_Boeing_Callout_0001, 0, 0
gauge03=Harrier_GR7!HUD Night, 340,199,344,344
// operations navales
//================================================== ========
gauge04=dsd_catapult!catapult, 820, 700, 120, 50, 300165
gauge05=Crusader!AoA_Light, 1, 226, 55, 117
gauge06=dsd_arrester!arrester, 750, 700, 60, 50
gauge07=dsd_xml_sound!dsd_xml_sound, 0, 0, 18, 18
//================================================== ========

ttfn

Pete

Tom Clayton
November 25th, 2008, 09:41
I altered my default minipanels to reduce their size, but left them alone otherwise. I've also changed/added several others. One of the things that bothered me most when FS9 first came out was the mini panels in the 777, 747, and Lear 45. The whole reason I use the mini panel is for visibility on landing. The new minis just blocked off my view worse than the 2D! Here's my fixes - just be sure to make backups...