PDA

View Full Version : Fellow CPOs....I am in search of a "flow chart"....

Navy Chief
October 18th, 2010, 14:02
Years ago, I had a "flow chart" that had a title like, "Hide It From The Chief"...or something similar.

I can't find my copy, and am hoping one of you might know what I am talking about?

Thanks.

NC

Roadburner440
October 18th, 2010, 14:04
I am not a CPO NC, but if you wouldn't mind I could probably point one in this direction to help you? Have a few that are pretty good friends so. Would just have to wait till tomorrow when I go to work.

Navy Chief
October 18th, 2010, 14:09
I am not a CPO NC, but if you wouldn't mind I could probably point one in this direction to help you? Have a few that are pretty good friends so. Would just have to wait till tomorrow when I go to work.

No problem, please do! Am sure there is more than one version out there, but it is quite humorous!

Thanks!

NC

Willy
October 18th, 2010, 14:19
I know what you're talking about but haven't seen one in years.

Roadburner440
October 18th, 2010, 15:14
Is it something secret, or am I allowed to lay my eyes upon it? :icon_lol: We have a large number of retired Chiefs at my work as well.. So if one of the active ones doesn't know I will go talk to them. Heck NC you may even know some of them if you were stationed out at Cecil Field. Quite a few of them used to work on A-6's and A-4's.

Navy Chief
October 18th, 2010, 15:29
Is it something secret, or am I allowed to lay my eyes upon it? :icon_lol: We have a large number of retired Chiefs at my work as well.. So if one of the active ones doesn't know I will go talk to them. Heck NC you may even know some of them if you were stationed out at Cecil Field. Quite a few of them used to work on A-6's and A-4's.

No it's nothing secret. It is a humorous flow chart with boxes that say things like, "Does the Chief Know"...and if you follow the line to "Yes", then the ensuing box says, "You Poor Ba.....rd!" The entire chart is full of stuff like that......

NC

Roadburner440
October 18th, 2010, 15:46
It sounds pretty funny. I meant that in jest just trying to be funny. As you know initiations just gone done a month ago, and with all the secrecy that surrounds that figured it was a funny comment. Curious to see it now. Although I do not think stuff like that exists in the current culture. Like I said we have a few hundred retired CPO's at my work so I am sure they will know exactly what you are talking about. Probably will lead to a good sea story or 2.

TARPSBird
October 18th, 2010, 16:24
Hehe, I've seen several of those blame flowcharts, they're all similar to this one but with Navy jargon used: http://pebkac.homelinux.net/2007/08/17/useful-flowchart-foul-language/
One of the boxes was "Does the Chief know?" and if the answer was yes the arrow pointed to a "You're screwed" or "You're F'ed" box. There was also usually an option to blame an Ensign, which is never a bad idea since they tend to get themselves in trouble anyway. :d

Navy Chief
October 18th, 2010, 16:52
Hehe, I've seen several of those blame flowcharts, they're all similar to this one but with Navy jargon used: http://pebkac.homelinux.net/2007/08/17/useful-flowchart-foul-language/
One of the boxes was "Does the Chief know?" and if the answer was yes the arrow pointed to a "You're screwed" or "You're F'ed" box. There was also usually an option to blame an Ensign, which is never a bad idea since they tend to get themselves in trouble anyway. :d

Yep, that's what the flowchart had on it. As for blaming an Ensign? Oh yes, always a source of fun....

NC

Roadburner440
October 19th, 2010, 12:25
Sorry NC, no joy though on this one. A couple of the retired guys heard of it, but none have copies at home. Hopefully we can track it down someplace though.

Navy Chief
October 19th, 2010, 12:37
Sorry NC, no joy though on this one. A couple of the retired guys heard of it, but none have copies at home. Hopefully we can track it down someplace though.

Thanks for asking about it. I am sure it will materialize!

NC

SADT
October 20th, 2010, 00:06
I want one of those! :jump:

Snuffy
October 20th, 2010, 03:18
You mean this one? :icon_lol:

http://home.paonline.com/rmeyer32/TROUBLE.pdf

Navy Chief
October 20th, 2010, 03:56
You mean this one? :icon_lol:

http://home.paonline.com/rmeyer32/TROUBLE.pdf

Except for the omission of "Chief" being mentioned on it,

THAT'S IT!!!!

You da man, Snuffy!!!!

Thanks!

NC

Snuffy
October 20th, 2010, 05:14
Shhh!

Don't tell everyone. ;)

Roadburner440
October 20th, 2010, 12:29
:icon_lol: Think everyone already knows Snuffy. That chart is pretty funny though. Almost as funny as the one with the four forces of flight.

Z-AZ1USN
October 20th, 2010, 14:19
21737 (http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/857Flow_Chart0001.jpg)
Chief,
Here ya go....
I have exactly what you want. I picked my chart way loooong time ago with
VF-154 1974. I was an AO for half my carear then switched to AZ. I taught
DAC school here in Millington from 81 till I retired in 87. Work for Bupers now as
a Civil service Sandcrab. Rock on.
I have a PDF copy of this but I don't know how to attached it. IF you right click
on it and open it in another window, it'll get bigger. If you can figure out how
I can attach the PDF let me know and I will resend,,,, Enjoy :salute:
Remember the Navy 3M system.... Muster, Mill Around , and Make it!!!!

Roadburner440
October 20th, 2010, 14:25
Hmm. That looks like what we do everyday at work. I could definately add a lot more steps to it though.