PDA

View Full Version : AFCAD / FSGW3

Terry
October 18th, 2010, 10:15
Does anyone know how to get AFCAD to open a Gold Wings airport? Can't get it to open anything but FS9. Do I need two copies of AFCAD, one in each copy of the sim?

Tom Clayton
October 18th, 2010, 13:05
You'll need to know which specific bgl contains the airport. One way to do that is to have FSNav installed and then hover your mouse over the airport in its map. Among the info given in the popup box will be the path and filename for the bgl that contains the airport.

Once you know the filename, click the "Open" icon in AFCAD and click the "From Specific File" radio button, then browse to that bgl.

Come to think of it, can you have more than one installation of FSNav?

Tom Clayton
October 18th, 2010, 13:14
Another thing you can do if the same airport is in your main FS9 installation...

Open and edit the airport and save it to the default "Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\scenery" location. Then retrieve the new bgl from there and place it into the same "(Golden Wings folder)\Addon Scenery\scenery" and it should work fine.

Mick
October 18th, 2010, 15:12
You could also temporarily rename your regular main FS9 folder to something like RealFS9, and then temporarily rename your FSGW folder to FS9. Then change them back after you're finished working with AFCAD.

Terry
October 19th, 2010, 04:45
Thanks for the replys. I got AFCAD to open them by placing a second copy of AFCAD in FSGW3 folder. AFCAD does not place itself in the registry so no harm done.

All the apron areas and taxiways in my copy of FSGW3 are black. It seems the textures for concrete and asphalt have been changed to black and it just does not look good. The runways are fine, Bill made a new texture for them.

The question, is it just my install or everyones? I'm looking at KBFI for reference.

Willy
October 19th, 2010, 09:11
I'm thinking that Bill Lyons did an update to fix that. The guys over at The Old Hanger should know.

Terry
October 19th, 2010, 11:00
Thanks Willy. Missed the removal of a texture file, all fixed.