PDA

View Full Version : 'Farming Simulator 2011'

Panther_99FS
October 17th, 2010, 16:36
http://secure.simmarket.com/astragon-farming-simulator-2011.phtml

mmann
October 17th, 2010, 16:42
I just love the part where it says:

REQUIREMENTS An active Internet connection is required for activation! NO REFUNDS GIVEN!

I wonder why the no refunds? What if you find you don't like "spreading the dung and liquid manure on the fields"?

Regards, Mike Mann

EasyEd
October 17th, 2010, 17:48
Hey All,

Very enjoyable game. I have 2009 and will have to give the 2011 version a look and see how compatible all the freeware farm equipment that works in the 2009 game are with the 2011 version.

-Ed-

Lionheart
October 17th, 2010, 19:22
Ive been watching this one. I wanted the John Deer sim here in the States and never got it. This one has some amazing scenery and some nice equipment.

Easy Ed,

How does it do? Is the point to just farm? Can you build up funds?

mmann
I just love the part where it says:

REQUIREMENTS An active Internet connection is required for activation! NO REFUNDS GIVEN!

I wonder why the no refunds? What if you find you don't like "spreading the dung and liquid manure on the fields"?

Regards, Mike Mann

You know that most all games are going that route now... Rise of Flight has this. Works pretty good in updates and being able to upgrade planes. I kinda like it...

EDIT: and Railworks latest. And Sims...

djscoo
October 17th, 2010, 19:29
Rise of Flight has this. Works pretty good in updates and being able to upgrade planes. I kinda like it...

EDIT: and Railworks latest. And Sims...

I actually got an email a while back from Neoqb asking me why I hadn't been playing Rise of Flight for several months. Creepy huh?

EasyEd
October 17th, 2010, 19:32
Hey All,

Yes Lionheart you do farm and build up funds and all that at different levels of difficulty including weather "issues". You sell what you produce and can buy and sell equipment use hired help and so forth. I see this version has animals 2009 didn't. If you know how to model you can build farm set ups (like FS sceneries) and all kinds of equipment. As sold the game is very Euro-centric featuring European equipment and settings but farming is farming. In the 2009 version people have made North American style sceneries and equipment that you can use. I enjoy it but others may find it boring. I'll have to do some catching up to see just what all the new version can do.

-Ed-

fsafranek
October 17th, 2010, 20:44
Why not just play Farmville on Facebook?
:ernae:

Kiwikat
October 17th, 2010, 20:47
I'm partial to the good ol' SimFarm myself.

Trans_23
October 18th, 2010, 09:19
I am going for something a little more umm, violent.

STi79QpD7mI&feature=player_embedded

Bjoern
October 18th, 2010, 12:07
*Whistles "Brand New Combine Harvester"*

I am going for something a little more umm, violent.

According to reviews, the newest representation of the MoH brand is mediocre at best.

Lionheart
October 18th, 2010, 13:54
Thanks Easy Ed,

Good to know. Having add-ons ability is nice. The scenery (country sides and sky) look brilliant. I'll have to check out YouTube for some footage on it.

I actually got an email a while back from Neoqb asking me why I hadn't been playing Rise of Flight for several months. Creepy huh?

Sounds like me, lol... In all the time I have owned that, I havent shot down one plane yet. I quit playing about a month after I installed it. arrgh...

<--- thinks.. am I that bad of a shot?

Actually, I could fill an enemy plane with lead in a 20 to 30 min dogfight, but if he hit me 1 time with perhaps 2 bullets, my wings flew off and I died before impact!!! arrgh...

beana51
October 18th, 2010, 14:38
New game a coming......its called "THE BARBER" it offers a revolving barber pole,a standard adjustable seat,a hot towel bin, lots of smelly water,razors,combs,shampoos,and features a "BOOT BLACK" on premisies.....Of course the JOY of this game,not unlike the "FARM" game ,watching Rutabagas grow...is watching "HAIR GROW!' EXICTING!! Earwax and bellybutton lint collected free! The ultimate couch potato's game....NEXT!!.......Yes Band Aids provided free....Monday PM is students practice day.,at yer own risk!!..But of course!!........:running:..running away now!! Double time out of here!!.Who knows a LOONY BIN game next???.....Up there things Are much Clearer!!!!!.... So Long!!:jump:

stansdds
October 19th, 2010, 03:04
Our society has "evolved" to the place where we simulate real work? What next, factory worker sim?

No, I'm not knocking anyone's choice of leisure, but if I want to simulate being a farmer I can start a vegetable garden in my yard. Doing so would also allow me to enjoy some tasty, fresh produce.

mmann
October 19th, 2010, 04:37
Our society has "evolved" to the place where we simulate real work? What next, factory worker sim?

No, I'm not knocking anyone's choice of leisure, but if I want to simulate being a farmer I can start a vegetable garden in my yard. Doing so would also allow me to enjoy some tasty, fresh produce.

Society came up with pet rocks as well. In defense of Farming Simulator; you might not have the money to own the land for a real farm. Sort of like not having the money to buy a real airplane.

Regards, Mike Mann