PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing threads ?

Toastmaker
October 17th, 2010, 09:17
What happened to the thread dealing with certain warning screens popping up when opening SOH threads. I think it was called "SOH dangerous" ?

:running:

Panther_99FS
October 17th, 2010, 09:35
My Trend Micro protection says SOH is safe via Google...:)

Wing_Z
October 17th, 2010, 11:23
It was only this thread, lit up by Google Chrome:

Work in progress; Dynamic; new FS2004 unlimited export technology
Started by Lionheart

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/SOH/HJCAP973.jpg

and it is still doing it.
He must be plugged into some heavy stuff...

GT182
October 17th, 2010, 11:42
Yeah, I've seen that pop up for a few other sites that are safe. Error Killer website is one, but just keep on going as that site is safe.

jmig
October 17th, 2010, 11:43
There is nothing malicious about SOH. Here is part of a post from by Tom Clayton to the Staff in response to Wing_Z's original post.

"The capture says that SOH contains elements from TVA. Someone hacked our index a while back and tried to put some java into it that Google didn't like. I repaired and re-uploaded the file with the recommended meta code from Google and they removed us from the bad list. It happened again a few months ago and I re-sent the re-evaluation request to Google, but this time they won't pull us off the bad list for some strange reason."

It seems Google is being extra picky. We scan every file uploaded to this site.

Willy
October 17th, 2010, 11:57
After Google decided that another forum I frequent was unsafe, FireFox wouldn't pull it up for me. According to AVG Pay, nothing wrong with the site. I quit using both Google and Firefox.

Wing_Z
October 17th, 2010, 11:58
IT WAS ONLY THAT ONE THREAD

It seems somehow to be linked to transloadairlines...
Nothing else on the SOH site gives this message.

Willy
October 17th, 2010, 12:01
Is it still doing it? The link to Transloadair was removed.

Toastmaker
October 17th, 2010, 12:06
I never did think SOH was dangerous at all. My question was about why the original thread disappeared.

Wing_Z
October 17th, 2010, 12:49
Is it still doing it? The link to Transloadair was removed.

As per post #3 of one hour ago, yes.

Willy
October 17th, 2010, 13:29
Thanks, looks like we might need to dig deeper.

Tom Clayton
October 17th, 2010, 13:50
I've updated my signature. Also, searching Google for Sim Outhouse gives no indication of any malware blocks. If you search for Transload Airlines, everything is blocked, including the forums, even though there were only three files identified by Google as having bad code. None of those three files have been used in several years, even though they were left on the server. I repaired all three files and reuploaded them, then requested a recheck from Google.

Edit: Now I know why it's only that one thread. I uploaded a drooling smilie to my private folder on the TVA forum and then hotlinked it into my post. It's past the time that I can edit that post, so if someone could just delete that post for me, I'd appreciate it.

Dain Arns
October 17th, 2010, 13:51
Thanks, looks like we might need to dig deeper.

In the meantime, would you all reading this about disappearing threads do us a favor and stare at the little red light...

mmann
October 17th, 2010, 14:03
I never did think SOH was dangerous at all. My question was about why the original thread disappeared.

Everyone seems to be skirting the issue here. What DID happen to the original thread?

Regards, Mike Mann

Allen
October 17th, 2010, 14:09
Everyone seems to be skirting the issue here. What DID happen to the original thread?

Regards, Mike Mann

Ctrl+Alt+Delete-ed