PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme Air Racing - technical help needed

MrReset
October 17th, 2010, 04:34
Hi folks!

I buyed XAR - Xtreme Air Racing
Info: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/xtremeairracing/index.html?tag=result%3Btitle%3B0
But I have some technical probs: After I select a plane & course the loading screen shows up, loads planes, scenery and then I get an CTD. I switched from OpenGL to GlideFX (whit GlideWrapper), but the same problem then.
Any suggestions?

PS:
Windows XP SP3
DualCore@1,73 Ghz
2 Gb RAM
iNTEL GM950 GraCa
DX 9.0c

Dain Arns
October 17th, 2010, 04:55
I don't think it's a video card issue.
I had the same problem on a couple older games.
And went down the graphics troubleshooting path only to find out its a multicore issue instead.
Most older games do not work well on multicore systems.

Have the game running.
Get into the Task Manager, then selecting the Processes Tab, find the .exe for the Xtreme Air Racing in the list.
Then right mouse click on that .exe and set the affinity to only one core.
Sometimes that works.

The ones I can get to work will still occasionally CTD though, but if that stabilizes it, that's probably the culprit then.

MrReset
October 24th, 2010, 12:17
I forced XAR to run on one core, but the problem remains.
Anyone some hints?
Needs XAR Hardware TnL?
I don't find anything about XAR, except on gamespot ...

FAC257
October 27th, 2010, 16:01
For help on Xtreme Air Racing, you might want to see if anyone over at AAFO.com can figure out an answer for you.

In the message forums they have a section for XAR and that used to be the best place to go for anything about XAR when it was new.

The XAR Forum section hasn't seen any activity in a while, but there is one guy that is still very much active on that sight that may know the answer. He just might see your question.

I enjoyed that sim and flew it quite a bit when it first came out.

FAC